Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 3: 710 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) 2016 Class - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
jpd5044 wrote:
I had an additional recommendation sent in, and sent in an update via email every 5-6 weeks or so, just checking in and staying in front of them. I also went up for a class visit a few weeks after I was waitlisted, which I think may have helped to show my interest. Hope that helps!

This helps a lot! Thanks!When u visited class, did u tell them about it? Also did u have some new info in yr updates every 5-6 weeks or were just checking in without any new info?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
I tried to make sure everything I sent in provided some kind of value, which is why I only sent updates every5-6 weeks instead of every 3 or so. I did write a little something after I visited class.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
jpd5044 wrote:
Hi All-

Happy to report that I have been invited to interview for summer start after being waitlisted all the way back in early Round 1 (November I believe.)!

Hi - did you do anything to get off the waitlist (ie. further recommendations, retake tests) or did they contact you regardless?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
SteveP wrote:
jpd5044 wrote:
Hi All-

Happy to report that I have been invited to interview for summer start after being waitlisted all the way back in early Round 1 (November I believe.)!

Hi - did you do anything to get off the waitlist (ie. further recommendations, retake tests) or did they contact you regardless?

SteveP, see above on the same page! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Applied R3, got WLed today.

think I will write a continued interest letter and potentially take GMATs again...let's see.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi guys, I got in! off the waitlist and am very excited! Best of luck to all of you and let me know if you have any questions about my process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
financefella wrote:
Hi guys, I got in! off the waitlist and am very excited! Best of luck to all of you and let me know if you have any questions about my process.

Hi, congrats!can u describe shat yr stats are and your timeline and what exactly u did? Did u just get an update email today?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi ek, I have a 730 and a 3.4, and I applied round 1 and was interviewed then waitlisted after interview in december. I'm a career switcher and I dont think I sold them on my career switch well enough during my interview. I took your advice and explained this in my letter of commitment, and then I also had a stern alumni send a recommendation. I think that I was able to hit on my career switch weaknesses in my letter and make them feel more comfortable that I have a plan to make the switch. I also was able to get advice from an mba ambassador on how to make the career switch and it was very helpful, and I referenced this in my letter.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
financefella wrote:
hi ek, I have a 730 and a 3.4, and I applied round 1 and was interviewed then waitlisted after interview in december. I'm a career switcher and I dont think I sold them on my career switch well enough during my interview. I took your advice and explained this in my letter of commitment, and then I also had a stern alumni send a recommendation. I think that I was able to hit on my career switch weaknesses in my letter and make them feel more comfortable that I have a plan to make the switch. I also was able to get advice from an mba ambassador on how to make the career switch and it was very helpful, and I referenced this in my letter.

Hi Financefella, thank you for sharing this. I am a career switcher as well, but in my supplemental letters to them I only explained which steps I took to realize that my targeted new career is exactly what I want to do. I did not really clarify what plan I have to make that happen other then first get my MBA and participate in relevant school activities (professional clubs, conferences, networking with employers, etc.) MBA program is my step number one in my switching plan.
How did you present your plan? Did you actually have specific steps you would do to make the switch in addition to getting your MBA first? I guess I might have to explain to the committee the same thing but not sure how to approach this. Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Ek, I think that you explain it well in your supplemental letter, but at least for me they probably thought that my primary career goal was not realistic right after school. I spoke to them in my interview about a couple of career paths, and in my letter I clarified that when I got to school I would take advantage of the career development stern offers, and then pursue one path first and the other is more of a long term goal. I think the professional clubs they have are also very helpful, for me it was the Graduate Finance association, and I stressed that I would take advantage of that club to help me realize my goals. I can give you more specifics on my exact career plan and how I presented to Stern, but would prefer if you private message me. Hope this is helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Did anybody get an invitation to interview after being waitlisted without interview in round 1/2? The website says they will start evaluating their wait list in early spring. Dunno what qualifies as early spring. I called the school, but the person I spoke to was not sure either. This wait is seriously exhausting!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anupam4424 wrote:
Did anybody get an invitation to interview after being waitlisted without interview in round 1/2? The website says they will start evaluating their wait list in early spring. Dunno what qualifies as early spring. I called the school, but the person I spoke to was not sure either. This wait is seriously exhausting!!

Hi anupam4424, I was waitlisted after the interview, but know that a lot of people are getting waitlisted before the interview. I also know that they already started reviewing the WL. Looks like some people got invites for interview in February and some have already gotten admitted in March. So looks like they are already in the process of reviewing the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
anupam4424 wrote:

Hi anupam4424, I applied round 2 (11/15) and was wait-listed in January without an interview. I recently received the invite to interview. Hang in there, it's a long process but well worth it!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When are the Round 2 and 3 deposit deadlines for Stern?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am a R1 applicant and was waitlisted without an interview at Stern. I got an admit from Ross. I had submitted few essays to Stern but haven;t received any feedback. Should I send an email to the adcom committee asking for updates or should I just wait? Ross Vs Stern what do you guys think? My main area of focus is entrepreneurship
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ashwinkumar96 wrote:
I am a R1 applicant and was waitlisted without an interview at Stern. I got an admit from Ross. I had submitted few essays to Stern but haven;t received any feedback. Should I send an email to the adcom committee asking for updates or should I just wait? Ross Vs Stern what do you guys think? My main area of focus is entrepreneurship

I am in the same boat. Haven't heard back from them at all. Out of curiosity, when did you submit your updates?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Whats the downside in asking the adcom for an update?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts