Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GPA: 3.48
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Stern Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi Guys,

This wait is almost unbearable...Can someone shed some light with how many remaining spots are left to fill? Much appreciate!!!!! Are there a lot of spots left to be filled or are we near the end of the ride with the rest of the people waiting pretty much out?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bmay44 wrote:
vashet wrote:
Hi Guys,

This wait is almost unbearable...Can someone shed some light with how many remaining spots are left to fill? Much appreciate!!!!! Are there a lot of spots left to be filled or are we near the end of the ride with the rest of the people waiting pretty much out?

Thanks

My best guess is there are 150 spots or so left. Once you are admitted and claim your stern ID you can access Stern Links, which is a one-stop portal for Stern's web resources. It seems to have some sort of collaboration feature, and new langone students are being placed in a group called ptnewadmits. The group currently has 304 members. I was added by the admin the day after I paid my deposit, but I can't say for sure whether the 304 is only inclusive of students who have paid their deposit, or all those admitted. But don't freak out yet!!! 150 spots is still 1/3 of the typical class size. Best of luck to all those still waiting.

bmay thanks for sharing numbers.

bmay, and others who have been admitted can you all please post the latest number whenever possible untill the final decision date (Aug 1st). All of us who are still waiting would really appreciate that.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone been rejected yet?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Operations
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Did anyone get in this past Wed?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Operations
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
bmay44 wrote:
vashet wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks

My best guess is there are 150 spots or so left. Once you are admitted and claim your stern ID you can access Stern Links, which is a one-stop portal for Stern's web resources. It seems to have some sort of collaboration feature, and new langone students are being placed in a group called ptnewadmits. The group currently has 304 members. I was added by the admin the day after I paid my deposit, but I can't say for sure whether the 304 is only inclusive of students who have paid their deposit, or all those admitted. But don't freak out yet!!! 150 spots is still 1/3 of the typical class size. Best of luck to all those still waiting.

What worries me about this 150 number is that so far no one has indicated on this blog that they have been accepted into the Westchester program. If Stern admits westchester people after manhattan people, then this 150 could be significantly less. I couldn't find how many students stern accepts into the westchester program... I'm also just throwing out ideas, since having 1/3 of the spots not filled yet with only a few weeks left seems unrealistic.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
rona0521 wrote:
bmay44 wrote:
vashet wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks

What worries me about this 150 number is that so far no one has indicated on this blog that they have been accepted into the Westchester program. If Stern admits westchester people after manhattan people, then this 150 could be significantly less. I couldn't find how many students stern accepts into the westchester program... I'm also just throwing out ideas, since having 1/3 of the spots not filled yet with only a few weeks left seems unrealistic.

There is one core group for the Westchester campus--so about 60-70 people total. There are five groups for Manhattan weeknights, and one for weekends to make seven total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
This forum has been pretty quiet lately. Does anyone have any updates? I'm still anxiously waiting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Still nothing, but I am just heard from a friend with 700+ gmat, solid GPA, and hedge fund management experience that didn't get in for the second time. So random...
Anyways, still haven't heard anything and feeling super anxious
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I know... it's been really quiet here. I keep coming back to see if anyone else got in because I was so nervous during the waiting process, and I really sympathize with everyone waiting anxiously on their toes. There's still hope, though, as I've searched out some of the old threads for previous years. There are some folks who hear on or near the last day, so don't lose hope just yet.

Aisayev - That IS sad to hear about your friend. Did your friend apply to other schools as well?

Hang in there, guys!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cantwaitlangone wrote:
I know... it's been really quiet here. I keep coming back to see if anyone else got in because I was so nervous during the waiting process, and I really sympathize with everyone waiting anxiously on their toes. There's still hope, though, as I've searched out some of the old threads for previous years. There are some folks who hear on or near the last day, so don't lose hope just yet.

Aisayev - That IS sad to hear about your friend. Did your friend apply to other schools as well?

Hang in there, guys!

Thanks for the encouraging words....its very difficult to wait esp after all the hard work that all of us put in the GMAT and the essays ... Hope for the best for everyone (including me) who is still waiting ...

Can someone post the count for today?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
How long has everyone been waiting to hear back from Kroll? I have submitted the forms over two weeks ago. My employer has a 2-week employment verification process, so I assume they are going through that...

What has been their response time?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
ReadyNow wrote:
How long has everyone been waiting to hear back from Kroll? I have submitted the forms over two weeks ago. My employer has a 2-week employment verification process, so I assume they are going through that...

What has been their response time?

Thanks

You should contact them to check what's going on, since they have a limited time frame to get back to NYU. When they couldn't get ahold of my former employer for more than a week, they sent me an e-mail and asked me to provide proof of employment (offer letter and W-2).

Also, on an unrelated note, the Stern "ptnewadmits" group now has 310 members; not sure why it went down a bit.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.19
WE:Other (Investment Banking)
Send PM
It took about 4 weeks for my Kroll verification to be completed. They contacted me once about verifying previous employment, then I heard nothing until I got the email from Stern.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hi All- First time posting, but wanted to provide an update. Was just admitted (Tuesday, July 17th at 3:30pm). 620 GMAT (5.0), 3.5 GPA, Applied on 5/14. Good luck to all still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats, Sarah!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Finally !!!!

I got the acceptance email today at 3:02 PM ...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yay!!!! Great to hear! Seems like the notifications are starting to flow again after a little hiatus.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11