Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: stratus prep admission consultants evaluation?? [#permalink]
Kudos
thebdouglas wrote:
...I have seen on other forums many rave reviews for them, but all reviews were from brand new members with 1 post, leading myself and many others to believe it is the company posting about themselves.

+1.

As the saying goes, if it's too good to be true, ....

All those enthusiastic reviews from new members with single posts, with no cons to provide balance, led me to believe that those are posts by the company. Keep in mind that this is my personal opinion after reading the Best Admissions Consulting thread in this forum.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM

!
Moderator's Warning: High potential for a non-genuine review. Posted by user with low number of posts.
[What does this mean?]

Hi,

I used Stratus for a consulting MBA app package. They basically helped me plan, prepare and proofread my application for HBS.
I got in, so that's a plus :)

I thought they did a great job at keeping me on schedule and guiding me along the way. And I really feel that the tag team strategy they had (Shawn & consultant) is what makes these guys a great consulting firm. It was always great to get a second opinion as we moved along. The team helped me map out my application process and plan my time accordingly. I put together a personal profile of myself, and worked with a consultant to decide on what stories I wanted to tell and convey via my essays. The multiple drafts of each essay was extremely helpful and made sure I submitted my top quality work.

If you're looking for someone to keep you on track, give you solid advice, and that knows some of the tricks of the trade, I'd highly recommend them.

My thought process was: If I'm going to apply to a top school, I'm going to give it my absolute all, and take all the help I can get.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
stratus prep admission consultants evaluation?? [#permalink]
benjiboo wrote:
I came across this post and wanted to include my two cents.

Its crazy to think that Shawn is spending his time making up fake accounts and writing post. The dude is a legitimate business man with an HBS MBA. He doesnt need to do that...

I'm still not convinced those reviews are genuine given that 1) the frequency of such posts from users with single-post history, and 2) the unbelievably spotless service by him according to those reviews.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I was about to sign up with Stratus Prep and then I read “theK” posts here. The exact same reviewers appear on multiple threads on several of the MBA websites. Could they truly all be on a mission to advocate for Stratus Prep, while busily preparing for their HBS or GSB education? This feels very set up and makes me doubt the integrity of the firm.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Choosing an admissions consultant was a stressful process. I did free consultations with the founders of two different firms, and I loved both. Ultimately, I chose Stratus Prep because Shawn O'Connor is the smartest consultant I have ever encountered. He is a genius in his understanding of admissions offices and how they think about candidates.

I knew that I would work extremely hard to apply to my dream school (Wharton), but hard work is not enough in the admissions process. I needed the help of Stratus Prep to choose appropriate stories for essays, improve my resume, prepare for interviews, and help me to edit my application. I worked with Jeff Mroz (Wharton alum) and Shawn O'Connor on my application for 2-3 months before it was complete. I was amazed at the personalized attention that Jeff and Shawn provided, in addition to their encouragement and accessibility.

I was particularly impressed with the attention to detail that both Jeff and Shawn showed to my application. Jeff and Shawn helped me to edit my essays, short responses, and resume, and they provided around-the-clock (late night) service as the deadline approached. They provided suggestions for word choices, phrasing, and grammar that helped to polish my application. They made me feel like we had done everything possible to put forward a great application to my dream school.

I have recommended Jeff and Shawn to many friends and colleagues over the past few years. I could not be happier with their service. They helped me to achieve one of my most treasured goals. I wanted to go to Wharton for three years, and Jeff and Shawn helped me to get there. If you are thinking about spending several hundreds/thousands of dollars on an admissions consultant, you owe it to yourself to pick the very best one. Stratus Prep is absolutely the best one.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
I just graduated from NYU Stern, and literally would not have gotten into any of my chosen schools without Stratus Prep. GMAT coaching with Jim helped me raise my score by 100 points, and Shawn and Samantha were enormous aids, helping me focus and articulate my goals and providing an actionable roadmap to reach them. They are very knowledgeable about the particulars of the application process as well as the unique personalities of each school, and are both supportive and honest, which is important during what can be an emotional process. While in retrospect I probably did not need to purchase a multi-school package, as I am a strong essay writer, the peace of mind of knowing I had someone to answer all of my questions at any time was invaluable (none of the attendant guilt of constantly bothering friends), and I do not regret spending the money.
GMAT Club Bot