Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 2.61
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [3]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT Date: 12-31-2012
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [2]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: ISB '15
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Struggling with SC accuracy [#permalink]
sakety wrote:
hey guys m new to this forum and am planning to write my first GMAT attempt on 20th October (i.e. after a month)...i am afraid with the deadline schdule it will be my first and only attempt...
the biggest challenge and nightmare iam facing is in sentence correction...my accuracy levels are only about 65% and I am afraid this would cost me dearly...i have about a month and can really work hard on my SC but need some guidance...

as suggested in some other posts i have tried manhattan SC guide..but as a non-native i am struggling to apply and fully comprehend those concepts....

Reverts would be greatly appreciated

Hi ,

You have a month's time ? Give an try to e-gmat SC course. They claim it is 25 + hours course, and designed for non natives like us. I Havent gone through the course, but they have excellent articles all over the gmat club and gmat club verbal advantage which make me think their SC course also should be equally excellent. i guess they have a free trial or something where you can try their SC course before buying it out. And yes I guess it doesn't cost a bomb !

By the way I do not endorse for any prep company. I myself am prepping to take on GMAT in November and started out with CR, which actually scared me intially.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
You should try reading MGMAT SC old vesion - 3rd edition , its a 125 page book, freely available on internet. As a 770 scorer said the 4th edition became too thick for its own good.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
I can personally vouch for the e-gmat SC course. I took it and its pretty good to boost up your verbal score by a couple of points in a short time.
But I also think that it can only raise your score to a certain level. Above 36-37, you have to work yourself to distinguish stuffs and things should start to come naturally to you.
My suggestion is to spend A LOT of time with the official guide.
I personally think the wrong answers of each questions are wrong because of multiple reasons and the point blank rule is EVERYTHING that is used in the correct answer is ABSOLUTELY correct as far as the exam is concerned.
Sit with OG SC for a week. Remember that JUST SOLVING all the problems means NOTHING unless you are absolutely sure that you will not make the same mistake ever again. Analyze EVERY SINGLE OPTION of EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM. Look for modifiers, verb tense, meaning, parallelism to get a clear idea of how GMAT tricks you into marking a wrong answer choice. After you have mastered all the OG problems, I dont think there is a reason of not going 40+ on your verbal score.
GMAT Club Bot