Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 13:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Suggestion for Next step

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Stanford '15
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 97

GMAT ToolKit User
Suggestion for Next step [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 06:46
Dear All,
I have just finished the 3 MGMAT study guides for verbal 5th edn.
(SC, CR and RC)
Should I now move to the Quant guides or practice my verbal now, take tests etc.

I have OG12. I am planning to buy OG Verbal and Quantitative Review Guides, as they come recommended by MGMAT.

For IR, I will be preparing from MGMAT guide. I think it should be sufficient. I dont want to buy new OG'13, just for IR.

Please guide.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 29

Re: Suggestion for Next step [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 06:58
I honestly think you should have completed the MGMAT books in order (i.e. start with the quantitative books). If you have not completed the OG problems that MGMAT recommends, you might as well just go through the verbal books again. If you decide not to, I would go through the quantitative books and the refresh yourself on the verbal section. Some people recommend taking a GMATPrep test halfway through your prep, but I disagree. I saved both of my GMATPrep tests for the end.

If you are using the 5th edition on the MGMAT guides, you will the OG 13. OG 12 is meant for the 4th edition of MGMAT. I would suggest getting OG 13 because of the aforementioned reason, but also because it includes IR prep. Have a look at this thread for some more IR prep.

I hope that helps :)

If my post helped you, please consider giving me kudos.

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Suggestion for Next step [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 07:18
commdiver wrote:
I honestly think you should have completed the MGMAT books in order (i.e. start with the quantitative books). If you have not completed the OG problems that MGMAT recommends, you might as well just go through the verbal books again. If you decide not to, I would go through the quantitative books and the refresh yourself on the verbal section. Some people recommend taking a GMATPrep test halfway through your prep, but I disagree. I saved both of my GMATPrep tests for the end.

If you are using the 5th edition on the MGMAT guides, you will the OG 13. OG 12 is meant for the 4th edition of MGMAT. I would suggest getting OG 13 because of the aforementioned reason, but also because it includes IR prep. Have a look at this thread for some more IR prep.

Hi Commdiver,

Thanks, I started with verbal, coz quant was not that big a issue for me.
I am facing the issue, as u also mentioned, with MGMAT 5th ed books as it refers to OG13. Is their any guide/help to tell what were those question for OG12?

KR,
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 137

Re: Suggestion for Next step [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 18:36
cumulonimbus wrote:
commdiver wrote:

Hi Commdiver,

Thanks, I started with verbal, coz quant was not that big a issue for me.
I am facing the issue, as u also mentioned, with MGMAT 5th ed books as it refers to OG13. Is their any guide/help to tell what were those question for OG12?

KR,

I think this is what you're looking for. Download the OG13 vs OG12: breakdown-of-official-guide-13th-edition-vs-12th-edition-133151.html

If my post has contributed to your learning or teaching in any way, feel free to hit the kudos button ^_^

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Suggestion for Next step [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2013, 20:59
I think this is what you're looking for. Download the OG13 vs OG12: breakdown-of-official-guide-13th-edition-vs-12th-edition-133151.html[/quote]

Re: Suggestion for Next step   [#permalink] 02 Mar 2013, 20:59