Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Unexpected result. Could use some help. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
nikhilgupta1991 wrote:
At the exam center, there was some kind of technical issue due to which the test was delayed for around two hours. Although according to GMAT policy, we were offered a provision to reschedule the test without any cost, I decided to stay there and finish the job.
Which center was this, and why did you opt to stay? 2 hours is a lot of time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 255 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Nikhil,

That was bad luck. However, if you felt that your steam was lost in the two hours then you should have left.

Anyway, I do agree with GMATPill above that the questions that you found easy might have been tricky. You can easily find this out from your ESR. Please order your ESR and check it to find where you could have done better. You may post the ESR here as well to get some experts' comments. I think people can help you more after seeing your ESR.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi there,
Thanks for the invaluable advices,
As I mentioned, I did took a few practice tests to analyze my timings throughout, and as far as the timing is concerned, I did managed to stay ahead of the clock most of the time.
However, I did intentionally slowed mt pace later in verbal section. Can this go against me? I'm not really sure how a psychometric test works. And yes, I lost my focus during the last 7-8 questions of the test.
As far as my decision to stay is concerned, I thought that it was a shot worth taking. I thought that whether I reschedule the test or take it and get a not so good score, either ways I would have to appear for the test again.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22062 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nikhilgupta1991,

It’s certainly a possibility that your experience at the test center affected your performance on the GMAT. However, I would like some additional information about your GMAT scores and preparation, so I have a few questions:

1) Did you get your enhanced score reports? If not, could you do so and share the score breakdown from your GMAT?

2) Can you provide us with the dates and score breakdowns from your Official GMAT prep practice exams? When you took the practice tests, did you take them under realistic conditions (e.g. in a quiet environment, no extended breaks)? Did you complete the entire CAT, including the IR and Essay sections?

3) Describe your study routine. What resources have you been using to study? How many hours a day did you study and for how many total months?

4) What are the MBA programs to which you plan to apply? What deadlines are you targeting?
GMAT Club Bot