Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 23:30 It is currently 12 May 2024, 23:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
 Q49  V35 GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink]
Congrats to everyone admitted! By the way, does anyone have new admits to the SIM program? My status is still the same..
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
Thanks Pradeep & sk8e. I'm waiting for result from one more school before making a final call.
My observation is that people with perfect 800 GRE (with atleast decent GPA) usually make the cut at HSG. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Ronnie and everybody accepted, gratz!!
That's really awesome!

Does anyone know what means "materielle Prüfung I ok"?
I mean, I got that they are not sure about complimentary courses, but no one seemed to ever had this status :D
Still, I was last-minute applicant, so it is too early to get any decision by now.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Stacey wrote:
That's really awesome!

I mean, I got that they are not sure about complimentary courses, but no one seemed to ever had this status :D
Still, I was last-minute applicant, so it is too early to get any decision by now.

Thanks Stacey. Active forum users are usually the accepted ones as people who don't make it develop a dislike for these forums (so your congratulations to everybody is apt :) )
Your status means "Based on your submitted documents to meet the substantive eligibility criteria for the intended field of study. A further question is whether you possibly have to pass supplementary benefits."
This translation is beyond my comprehension. Expect a decision by June.
I'm sorry but I can only help you this much.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone and congratulations to those who has been already admitted, great job)
I have applied already as well, and right now my applcation status is materielle Prüfung II ok
I don't have any work experience, just like Bosen Yi, though.
My profile: 20yo, Russian, 730 GMAT, Bachelor of Economics. No idea how they are going to evaluate my GPA =)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Stacey wrote:
That's really awesome!

Thank you Stacey.
I think this status means your application materials have handed over from admission office to the MBF admission committee. So that's why almost every material needs to be copied. :-D
It takes some time to process applications especially for MBF applicants.
Based on your previous post, your chinese is at immediate level. That's awesome.!我就是北京人儿 :lol:

Bosen
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sk8e wrote:
Congrats to everyone admitted! By the way, does anyone have new admits to the SIM program? My status is still the same..

Thank you sk8e
On average, it takes more than 2 months to receive the admissions. I know one chinese girl received her offer from SIM in the late May last year.(She applied in March) Other chinese student received on July 1st, she is a last-minute applicant.
Your chance of being admitted is high. Don't worry.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cutesparky wrote:
Hello everyone and congratulations to those who has been already admitted, great job)
I have applied already as well, and right now my applcation status is materielle Prüfung II ok
I don't have any work experience, just like Bosen Yi, though.
My profile: 20yo, Russian, 730 GMAT, Bachelor of Economics. No idea how they are going to evaluate my GPA =)

Hello cutesparky,
I'm also confused about the GPA conversion.
Your GMAT is impressive. St.Gallen weighs 50% on GMAT/GRE scores.
Best luck with your application :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anyone admitted received one of the 10 fellowships or will that come later in June even if you're admitted?
not much suspense for me as I did my bachelor there and they told me I was pretty much guaranteed to get in (GMAT 750+ etc), but the 10 fellowships got me a little excited :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
f4tality wrote:
Did anyone admitted received one of the 10 fellowships or will that come later in June even if you're admitted?
not much suspense for me as I did my bachelor there and they told me I was pretty much guaranteed to get in (GMAT 750+ etc), but the 10 fellowships got me a little excited :)

I think the number of supplementary courses and fellowships, if any, are mentioned in the admission letter which I shall receive very soon.
IMO, I don't think my application warranted a fellowship.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ronnie987 wrote:
f4tality wrote:

I think the number of supplementary courses and fellowships, if any, are mentioned in the admission letter which I shall receive very soon.

Cool well congrats on the admit and best of luck with the fellowship thing, with 10 out there everybody has a shot.
I'll give you guys a tour, I'd suggest to anyone deciding to go for the MBF to take into account the 3-to-1 male to female ratio, probably not the best years in your life in that regard haha
Manager
Manager
Send PM
f4tality wrote:
ronnie987 wrote:
f4tality wrote:

Originally posted by ronnie987 on 07 May 2012, 00:38.
Last edited by ronnie987 on 20 Mar 2013, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys!
Congratulations to those who got admitted!
I received an offer, too, for the MBF a few days ago..But I don't know whether I should accept it or not!

I'm here to read your opinions about HSG :)
Considering I will get in at Bocconi (I'm taking the undergrad here) and that I receive an offer from Cass, too, what would you suggest (pretty obviously HSG if you're here) and, most importantly, why? The "why part" is what interests me the most :lol:

Again, congrats!And to the guy who has materielle Prüfung II ok, just hold on, it was like this to me, too, until a few days ago..
You might receive an answer in a few days!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have been admitted today, too :)
St. Gallen is my first choice, so no hesitation... I prefer St. Gallen because of:
1) Switzerland
2) International Ratings
3) Deutsche Sprache
4) Most adequate admission criteria I've seen - sure, 680 GMAT is a bit tough, but at least you'll know they have high expectations of their applicants
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cutesparky wrote:
St. Gallen is my first choice, so no hesitation... I prefer St. Gallen because of:
1) Switzerland
2) International Ratings
3) Deutsche Sprache
4) Most adequate admission criteria I've seen - sure, 680 GMAT is a bit tough, but at least you'll know they have high expectations of their applicants

Congratz.
Are you an EU citizen?

Originally posted by ronnie987 on 08 May 2012, 09:25.
Last edited by ronnie987 on 20 Mar 2013, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cutesparky wrote:
1) Switzerland
2) International Ratings
3) Deutsche Sprache

Yeah, one of the point you've listed would be a disadvantage for me :-D I'm talking about the language..
And also, I'm afraid the position is not so amazing..I mean, I wouldn't compare St. Gallen with London..
But I totally agree on the other two points!When I was in London, I felt like Cass was admitting just everyone (I've met people with a 520 Gmat)..Though, I feel like they're far more strict on the MSc Finance than in any other course..
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
MrEmmeBi wrote:
cutesparky wrote:
1) Switzerland
2) International Ratings
3) Deutsche Sprache

Yeah, one of the point you've listed would be a disadvantage for me :-D I'm talking about the language..
And also, I'm afraid the position is not so amazing..I mean, I wouldn't compare St. Gallen with London..
But I totally agree on the other two points!When I was in London, I felt like Cass was admitting just everyone (I've met people with a 520 Gmat)..Though, I feel like they're far more strict on the MSc Finance than in any other course..

i'm italian too and even though i'm finishing my bachelor next year, i'm already deciding where to apply since i would like to send my applications as soon as possible to improve my chances. i think you should also consider, that at st.gallen you would have an opportunity to take an relevant summer intgernship since it's a 1,5-year-long program and we both know how difficoult is to find any work experience during the bachelor in italy. cass msc finance is really respected in the city, but it's almost unknown abroad and you would for sure be considered as a second tier student after those coming from lse, imperial warwick and maybe even bocconi, since its msc finance is definetly well considered in london. why didn't you apply to those other universities in uk?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts