Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 07:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

update school about compensation after submission

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 48

update school about compensation after submission [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 07:52
It is unfortunate the announcement of bonus and salary raise is a few days after 2nd round deadline and I do get a significant raise in salary and bonus. Do you advise emailing adcom to update the numbers? or is it considered bad..
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: update school about compensation after submission [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 10:10
I would only email if I received a promotion, not a bonus or raise.

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 14

Re: update school about compensation after submission [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 13:46
I won't weigh in on the promotion/raise/bonus importance issue, since I frankly don't know it. Some schools are very adamant about not receiving any extra information whatsoever after the submission of your application, whereas other schools will welcome the extra information. You should call the admissions office of each school to ask about that before submitting anything at all, especially since you don't want to appear a nuisance if that is indeed a school that doesn't want anything.

If you do encounter a school that doesn't want extra information, you can and should give updates (even an updated resume if appropriate) during the interview. The interviewers are typically asked to ask about further updates for your application as the schools recognize that a lot can happen in a couple months.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: update school about compensation after submission [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2013, 23:21
I agree, you should check for school's instructions on that matter and follow them. Anyway, update them with the change only if you feel it will substantially promote your candidacy.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: update school about compensation after submission [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 13:11
I was also just promoted and gave both Harvard and Stanford a call to see if they welcome status updates. Both of them said that the appropriate time to provide an update would be during the interview.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 215

Re: update school about compensation after submission [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 15:15
machichi wrote:
I would only email if I received a promotion, not a bonus or raise.

This.
Re: update school about compensation after submission   [#permalink] 25 Jan 2013, 15:15