Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 08:03 It is currently 05 May 2024, 08:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Why, dear lord why? 600 [#permalink]
I have decided I will retake the test. I know my weakness - data sufficiency. Now that you mention it, there were quite a few at the beginning of the test.

Well, after a few hours of wrenching (and only a little retching) on the Jeep, I feel somewhat better.

Does anyone know if there are good books or programs directed specifically towards data sufficiency?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
HarrisonBP wrote:
Why, dear lord why?

Well, I just got home from the testing center a few hours ago.

I have been studying mostly with Kaplan materials, some on the web, and I have done the two free tests from GMAC among other things.

I have been getting around 90% of the quantitative right, and have been doing better than that on the verbal.

On the first practice CAT from GMAC, I got a 730, on the second a 700. On the one test included in my program from Kaplan, I got a 680 (and I hear those are supposed to be harder so that Kaplan will keep you studying and buying their materials).

I got a 39 on the verbal, okay for me because I usually make it up in the quantitative... 33.

I was not nervous or anxious, lacking confidence, nor was I overconfident. After leaving the testing center I was all of those things except overconfident.

I usually do well on tests. How did I get a 600?

Buddy, I share the same experience. Something has happened to the GMAT lately. I was scoring good on all the practice tests be it MGMATs, or the Prep tests.. I was always near 680. But on the actual GMAT i scored was a disappointing 600(q47v27).. I completely bombed in verbal.. n screwwed it up big time...I used to score somewhere near 36-37 on all the practice tests... One of the most imp reasons behind this is that i got too tired by the time I reached verbal section. I never practiced any of the tests with AWAs... and on the actual tests... I got a feeling that I was losing my concentration in the verbal section. But maybe, the GMAT has adapted a little. I see many people complaining here that they are scoring high in the practice tests but their gmat is getting screwed up. GMAT is really getting harder than most of su considered it to be.

Planning a retest in a month. But this time.. I'll make sure that I am atelast close to 750s on the practice tests!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
aspirando wrote:

also, lever...awesome photo.

Thanks! I thought it looked appropriately "business-y"!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I mate of mine got into Columbia with 620.
So, don't stress.
Impress em with other aspects of your candidature.
Krdgs
Intern
Intern
Send PM
"A mate of mine"....correction
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I appreciate the support, but does anyone know of a good system with which to study data sufficiency and maybe some number properties stuff?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Send PM
i feel you i took it yestreday and got a 600 too after getting between 660- 700 on the gmatprep practice. is taking it again in 3 weeks too soon? i'm applying for 1st round for michigan and deadline is 10/10!!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37386 posts