Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 570 Q50 V19
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V28
GMAT 3: 690 Q50 V34
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Send PM
Re: ADHD - GMAT 690 [#permalink]
Thanks a lot Ajitesh. A part of credit goes to Jamboree as well. You guys helped me a lot in Verbal part. I am planning to give another attempt, if medications help me in improving drastically or I am eligible for accommodation.

I enrolled for classes in 2013 end so (since it's 2 years now) I missed free counseling session and complimentary IELTS/TOEFL classes

AjiteshArun wrote:
rohitmanglik wrote:
Today, my doctor diagnosed me that I am suffering from ADHD. Shall I retake GMAT with accommodations from GMAC? Will it reflect in my application when I will apply to colleges? What effect will it have when I apply for internship or Job after MBA?
Take a look here. There seems to be no clear guidance about which conditions are eligible for accommodations, but you can be sure that nothing out of the ordinary is going to show up on the score reports that your schools will receive.

Quote:
Myth #1
If I receive test accommodations, my GMAT score will be flagged.
Reality: Score reports never show whether a test was taken with or without accommodations. The schools you are applying to will not be able to identify you as a test taker with a disability.
Also, your overall score is very good, and the improvement in verbal (19 to 28 to 34) is amazing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Send PM
Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Here is my brief profile: profile-evaluation-690-3-3-yrs-exp-207613.html#p1591503

Quote:
1) Do you know which Schools you plan to apply to?

I thought of applying to McCombs and Tepper but as I heard it's too late to get an scholarship. My target is top 25 colleges.

Quote:
2) Do you know when you plan to apply?

As soon as possible. In fact, I started working on essays and searching for consultants to help in process. Do you think I should rather look for sept 2016 deadlines to get scholarship?

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi rohitmanglik,

First off, a 690/Q50 is a fantastic score (it's just shy of the 90th percentile overall), so you should apply to any Business Schools that interest you. By extension, a retest is probably not necessary.

The process of applying for accommodations on the GMAT is a bit more 'involved' than most people probably expect (it can sometimes take up to a couple of months just to go through all of the 'steps' and receive the final yes/no result). If you've only recently been diagnosed, then that might also be a factor in whether you receive the accommodation or not - I've only ever heard of (and worked with) Test Takers who had a long, documented history of dealing with ADHD.

So, if you're planning to apply to Business School soon (upcoming Round 2), then you might not have the necessary time to go through the entire process and retest.

1) Do you know which Schools you plan to apply to?
2) Do you know when you plan to apply?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi rohitmanglik,

How exactly did you 'hear' that it's too late to apply for Scholarship money? Did you receive this information from someone who is an 'Expert' in this area (AND an 'Expert' on McCombs and Tepper)?

With your GMAT score, you're absolutely 'in the range' of the Schools that interest you, so you could apply for Round 2 and have a reasonable chance at getting an invite. You have to remember that you need a strong OVERALL application though AND you have to present yourself to the Admissions Committees in the proper way.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [3]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
Kudos
Just chiming in as fellow ADHD...'er...

The application process with GMAC has been insanely difficult for me, I'm sure others have had an easier time but from my understanding they are especially strict (given the magnitude of the test this is understandable) but in my case they always seem to want more and more documentation every time they receive something. If I had to guess the fact that the test is timed seems to be an exceptionally important aspect of the testing process and they are very reluctant to modify it unless absolutely necessary and it takes a lot to convince them of that necessity.

So if you honestly think the accommodations will help you a noticeable amount (maybe take a few practice tests giving yourself the accommodation to see) then go for it but be aware that for some, and at least me, they will likely fight you very hard on it.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Rohit, I know I am a year late reading this, but just wanted to say a BIG Congrats!

V19 to V34 is just WOW!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks Ashish (@educationaisle) for the motivation. Part of credit goes to your help as well (in discussion forums and your book Nirvana).

bdw (a little update) I took a break from my job at DE Shaw and started a venture EduDrona (https://edudrona.com). I hope it will also help me in application in coming years. :)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
Seems a very decent initiative Rohit. All the best!
GMAT Club Bot