Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 05:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
56 KUDOS received
CBS Thread Master
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1061
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 332 [56] , given: 97

Premium Member
ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 03:46
56
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi Folks,
I found the several topics discussed by experts like e-GMAT,GMATPill etc. and questions and/or strategies shared by Awesome GMAT Club heroes like bb/rhyme/Souvik/Carcass etc. on RC very helpful,I'm trying to help you guys all by putting them altogether in this thread for quick reference.

I think this will gonna help all of us who are already in the club(almost everything available in our Club about RC under one thread) and also will be immensely helpful to the new comers.

Here it goes:

Topics and Questions by e-GMAT:


Topics and Questions by GMATPill :


Strategies discussed by MGMAT


Strategies discussed by Magoosh:


Carcass's collections of RC strategy docs
See the attachment

Efficiently tackle Inference questions in RC and CR by Marcab


GMAT Club RC strategy guide


This post is consolidated by bb himself and updated as on Mar12,2011



Video Collection to takle RC passages by Ron Purewal



RC: Long Passages & Main Idea Questions



Sorry but for this video is not possible to incorporate. Follow this link http://vimeo.com/14615312


A Trick for Finding the Main Idea




Reading Comprehension - Inference & Suggestion Questions




Reading Comprehension - Inference & Suggestion Questions 2




Reading Comprehension: Short Passages & Miscellaneous Question Types




How to Break Down a Science Reading Comprehension Passage




Please come up with your suggestions & comments.

Hope this helps :)
Attachments

RC Tips and Tricks_Carcass.rar [1.57 MiB]
Downloaded 1727 times

To download please login or register as a user


_________________

e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog


Last edited by carcass on 08 Mar 2014, 00:13, edited 5 times in total.
Polish the post
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 2176
Followers: 172

Kudos [?]: 1524 [0], given: 610

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: ALL RC Strategy docs+OQ by Experts & Legendary Club members [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 04:15
Expert's post
Put the post permanent sticky. So we have ALL the vaiable resources ready for use.

I would have done this post after these holidays, but you did before me. awesome :)

I think that all is in (at the moment). I do not see enything else.

Thanks.

Best regards,

carcass.

PS: cheers 8-)
_________________

KUDOS is the good manner to help the entire community.

CBS Thread Master
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1061
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 97

Premium Member
Re: ALL RC Strategy docs+OQ by Experts & Legendary Club members [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 04:50
Expert's post
carcass wrote:
Put the post permanent sticky. So we have ALL the avaiable resources ready for use.

I would have done this post after these holidays, but you did before me. awesome :)

I think that all is in (at the moment). I do not see enything else.

Thanks.

Best regards,

carcass.

PS: cheers 8-)


Thanks carcass for confirming that this is all we have as on date....But didn't get you as highlighted above !

Happy New year to you..Cheers :thumbup:
_________________

e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 2176
Followers: 172

Kudos [?]: 1524 [0], given: 610

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: ALL RC Strategy docs+OQ by Experts & Legendary Club members [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 04:55
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:
carcass wrote:
Put the post permanent sticky. So we have ALL the avaiable resources ready for use.

I would have done this post after these holidays, but you did before me. awesome :)

I think that all is in (at the moment). I do not see enything else.

Thanks.

Best regards,

carcass.

PS: cheers 8-)


Thanks carcass for confirming that this is all we have as on date....But didn't get you as highlighted above !

Happy New year to you..Cheers :thumbup:


permanent sticky is a post put at the top of the page of the forum.

I edited your post. Now I think is a bit better ;)
_________________

KUDOS is the good manner to help the entire community.

2 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1506
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 506

Kudos [?]: 1603 [2] , given: 625

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: ALL RC Strategy + docs by Experts & Legendary Club Members [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 06:16
2
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
CBS Thread Master
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1061
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 97

Premium Member
Re: ALL RC Strategy docs+OQ by Experts & Legendary Club members [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 06:51
Expert's post
carcass wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
carcass wrote:
Put the post permanent sticky. So we have ALL the avaiable resources ready for use.

I would have done this post after these holidays, but you did before me. awesome :)

I think that all is in (at the moment). I do not see enything else.

Thanks.

Best regards,

carcass.

PS: cheers 8-)


Thanks carcass for confirming that this is all we have as on date....But didn't get you as highlighted above !

Happy New year to you..Cheers :thumbup:


permanent sticky is a post put at the top of the page of the forum.

I edited your post. Now I think is a bit better ;)


Ah! It's really cool carcass...:)
Do you work in web designing or something like that? :wink:

BTW, how to use the permanent sticky and where do I get it? What's its utility ?
_________________

e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

CBS Thread Master
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1061
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 97

Premium Member
Re: ALL RC Strategy + docs by Experts & Legendary Club Members [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 06:55
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
Very good post Debayan!
Kudos!


Thanks Souvik...
Sent you a couple of PM..have a look man!
_________________

e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 2176
Followers: 172

Kudos [?]: 1524 [0], given: 610

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: ALL RC Strategy docs+OQ by Experts & Legendary Club members [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 07:19
Expert's post
Quote:
BTW, how to use the permanent sticky and where do I get it? What's its utility ?


Sorry it is a feature for mod :roll:
_________________

KUDOS is the good manner to help the entire community.

MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1506
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 506

Kudos [?]: 1603 [0], given: 625

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 07:23
Expert's post
CBS Thread Master
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1061
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 97

Premium Member
Re: ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 07:45
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
@debayan
A thread can be made into a sticky so that it always appear on top!


That's really good.So, as the conversation goes on in a thread, several pages get associated with it.So, I think with the help of this permanent sticky the main post of the thread will always be on the top of every page associated with this thread.Let me know if I got it right ?

But, please tell me whether the thread initiator can use it(in that case where to get it)? Or it can be done by forum moderators only?
_________________

e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 2176
Followers: 172

Kudos [?]: 1524 [0], given: 610

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 07:57
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
@debayan
A thread can be made into a sticky so that it always appear on top!


That's really good.So, as the conversation goes on in a thread, several pages get associated with it.So, I think with the help of this permanent sticky the main post of the thread will always be on the top of every page associated with this thread.Let me know if I got it right ?

But, please tell me whether the thread initiator can use it(in that case where to get it)? Or it can be done by forum moderators only?


I already answer to your question. it is only a feature for the staff of the board ;)
_________________

KUDOS is the good manner to help the entire community.

CBS Thread Master
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1061
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 97

Premium Member
Re: ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 08:03
Expert's post
carcass wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
@debayan
A thread can be made into a sticky so that it always appear on top!


That's really good.So, as the conversation goes on in a thread, several pages get associated with it.So, I think with the help of this permanent sticky the main post of the thread will always be on the top of every page associated with this thread.Let me know if I got it right ?

But, please tell me whether the thread initiator can use it(in that case where to get it)? Or it can be done by forum moderators only?


I already answer to your question. it is only a feature for the staff of the board ;)


Hmm..sorry didn't see that earlier.
So, headache is yours not mine... :P
_________________

e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

Director
Director
Status: Gonna rock this time!!!
Joined: 22 Jul 2012
Posts: 551
Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 561

GMAT Tests User
Re: ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 02:19
Was struggling with inference questions in RCs .. Ron's videos helped me a lot.. simply amazing they are
_________________

hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

Who says you need a 700 ?Check this out : http://gmatclub.com/forum/who-says-you-need-a-149706.html#p1201595

My GMAT Journey : end-of-my-gmat-journey-149328.html#p1197992

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 288
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 75

Re: ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2013, 05:51
Hi Experts,

1. Is it correct that we get 3 RCs in exam?
2. Out of 3, 1 is long passage & 2 are short passages?
3. Total RC Questions: 12-13 ??
_________________

YOU CAN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Posts: 936
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 160 [1] , given: 543

Re: ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2013, 06:40
1
This post received
KUDOS
greatps24 wrote:
Hi Experts,

1. Is it correct that we get 3 RCs in exam?
2. Out of 3, 1 is long passage & 2 are short passages?
3. Total RC Questions: 12-13 ??


You will get 4 RC's one of them will be really late in the exam around 30-34 probably around that number

1 Passage is pretty long and 3 of them should be around medium to small but usually the smaller ones have really tricky questions.
_________________

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped...

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

2 KUDOS received
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 1697
Followers: 388

Kudos [?]: 1540 [2] , given: 25

GMAT Tests User
Re: ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 10:27
2
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
fozzzy wrote:
greatps24 wrote:
Hi Experts,
1. Is it correct that we get 3 RCs in exam?
2. Out of 3, 1 is long passage & 2 are short passages?
3. Total RC Questions: 12-13 ??

You will get 4 RC's one of them will be really late in the exam around 30-34 probably around that number
1 Passage is pretty long and 3 of them should be around medium to small but usually the smaller ones have really tricky questions.

The only correction I will make to what fozzzy said ----
Everyone does get 4 passages.
Most people get three short passages (250-350 words) with 3 questions each, and just one long passage (350-450 words) with 4 questions, for a total of 13 RC questions. Those folks will get 14 SC and 14 CR.
Some people, though will see two short passages and two long passages, for a total of 14 RC questions. These folks will either get 13 SC & 14 CR, or 14 SC & 13 CR.
Also, I don't know that the questions are necessarily easier or harder for short or long passages --- the difficulty of the questions has much more to do with the complex algorithm that the CAT is following. For more on this, see:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/what-is-th ... tive-test/

Also, here are a few more strategy articles on GMAT RC:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/inference- ... rehension/
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/gmat-rc-el ... g-answers/
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/gmat-readi ... ully-once/
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/gmat-reading-list/
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/curiosity- ... n-success/

I hope all this helps.

Mike :-)
_________________

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Image

Image

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 474
Location: India
GPA: 2.5
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 59

GMAT Tests User
Re: ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 09:52
Mates you all rock....this is really cool All in One......
_________________

"When the going gets tough, the tough gets going!"

Bring ON SOME KUDOS MATES+++



-----------------------------
Quant Notes consolidated: consolodited-quant-guides-of-forum-most-helpful-in-preps-151067.html#p1217652

My GMAT journey begins: my-gmat-journey-begins-122251.html

All about Richard Ivey: all-about-richard-ivey-148594.html#p1190518

Magoosh GMAT Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 1697
Followers: 388

Kudos [?]: 1540 [0], given: 25

GMAT Tests User
Re: ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 10:25
Expert's post
sdas wrote:
Mates you all rock....this is really cool All in One......

I'm glad you find all this helpful. Let me know if you have any RC questions in the future.
Mike :-)
_________________

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Image

Image

Re: ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members   [#permalink] 08 Apr 2013, 10:25
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Popular new posts All of the members of club Y are either Democrats or Janice 12 08 Jan 2005, 14:10
New posts all the 700 club members please read and advice gter 6 20 Dec 2005, 14:08
New posts 2 Experts publish their posts in the topic All of the members of club Y are either Democrats or Republi sonibubu 5 28 Jan 2008, 12:41
Popular new posts Experts publish their posts in the topic Q. To be accepted as a member at the Brown Country Club, one nehadass 11 21 Jul 2012, 14:01
Popular new posts 89 Experts publish their posts in the topic ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members bagdbmba 20 10 Jan 2013, 11:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.