Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Anderson (UCLA): FEMBA Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
i'm a r3 applicant and my status just changed to just submitted. Anyone receive any calls today?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dlee3814 wrote:
i'm a r3 applicant and my status just changed to just submitted. Anyone receive any calls today?

No....Did you submit in r3, but had materials that came in afterwards...Seems pretty late for your application to just change to submitted....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My app previously said "Submitted - Being reviewed by adcom" and now just submitted.. In some earlier posts saw that it meant decisions were coming.. Was just curious..

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dlee3814 wrote:
My app previously said "Submitted - Being reviewed by adcom" and now just submitted.. In some earlier posts saw that it meant decisions were coming.. Was just curious..

Oh okay, mine hasn't changed, but I am r4...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
Send PM
dlee3814 wrote:

This just happened to me today too...this is nerve wrecking!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
Send PM
choni wrote:
Just received a FEMBA email stating that they are accepting apps till May 31st (a full blown extension)...If I would have known this, I would have waited on my other decision and saved $200 bucks...lol...I'm just wondering if there is a shortage or if they are trying to find the purple squirrel candidates.... Because at Super Saturday, a current FEMBA student told me his cohort was majority engineers. And lets just say he didn't say it in a positive light....I'm not saying he said it negative either, but my take is that he mentioned it to say Adcom didn't diversify the cohort enough....Any thoughts?

While I respect all engineers. Overwhelming engineer elites in application is probably the only advantage I have. I have a design background and was hoping if that at all can stand out..at least a bit. my score & gpa aren't outstanding. fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
kaijinglebellcheng wrote:
choni wrote:
Just received a FEMBA email stating that they are accepting apps till May 31st (a full blown extension)...If I would have known this, I would have waited on my other decision and saved $200 bucks...lol...I'm just wondering if there is a shortage or if they are trying to find the purple squirrel candidates.... Because at Super Saturday, a current FEMBA student told me his cohort was majority engineers. And lets just say he didn't say it in a positive light....I'm not saying he said it negative either, but my take is that he mentioned it to say Adcom didn't diversify the cohort enough....Any thoughts?

While I respect all engineers. Overwhelming engineer elites in application is probably the only advantage I have. I have a design background and was hoping if that at all can stand out..at least a bit. my score & gpa aren't outstanding. fingers crossed.

For what it's worth, my class (class of 2015, 2012 application cycle) has significantly fewer engineers than other classes, but there is definitely no way that a cohort is "majority engineers." From what I've seen, classes tend to hover around 25% engineers inclusive of all engineering majors. With that said I have never seen a class that "wasn't diverse enough;" counting the number of engineers is a far stretch from concluding that a class is not diverse enough.

And yes, I am an engineer turned manager. Best of luck to all your apps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I just received a call form Anderson, I got in!!! Woohoo!

GMAT 680 GPA 2.9 Mechanical Engineer.

Goodluck to everyone else
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Statistics
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Congratulations Chimichurri!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am in the waitlist. What Should I do next step?

I need to sign in the form within one week. How I can improve something within one week?

Because I need to fill in the field of "Please provide any updates to your application that you feel would improve your candidacy:"

Please give me some advice.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Statistics
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Health Care)
Send PM
I've heard that the admissions office will give a "consultation" if you are put on the waitlist. I think I read on one of the previous pages of this post that somebody went to one and found it extremely helpful. I would call the admissions office Monday morning and ask to set up one of those appointments. At the very least you should go to it in order to show that you are interested and willing to do what it takes to get off of the list!

And congratulations on making the waitlist- it's better than a NO! And it's a foot in the door!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 540 Q39 V27
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Kudos
I Got admitted into UCLA , the call came on Friday.

My story attests to the fact that GMAT is not everything and that the Adcoms look at your entire application.

In my case my career progression, GPA, reco and my admission interview helped overcome the GMAT.

Good-luck to others who are waiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi all!

I want to apply for the FEMBA class of 2018. Before I begin the process I would like to know my odds of acceptance. I have six years of work experience, three in public accounting, three for a fortune 500 company. I have a degree in Finance, however i have 2.75 GPA. I took four classes this last semester in math related course and received a 3.5 GPA. Does this help? I have yet to take the GMAT, but in my practice tests I'm scoring in the 680 range. If I submit an application with the above credentials do I have a chance? I appreciate everyone's help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
gameboyying wrote:

I need to sign in the form within one week. How I can improve something within one week?

Because I need to fill in the field of "Please provide any updates to your application that you feel would improve your candidacy:"

The first part is just a confirmation that you're interested in being put on the wait list. I think they just offer up some space to include any changes if applicable, I was able to include a project that I started at work and another that was starting in a few weeks. In this case I think anything helps.

After that, at the bottom of your letter there should be some info about contacting Christy Marquez for an admissions consultation. I believe this is only available to wait listed applicants and she'll go through your app and basically tell you where you were dinged. Hopefully it something that you can either fix or show that you're making some progress to correct. For me, it was some of my math work so I sign up for pre-MBA math at Berkeley extension. They have an online course you can start at any time and that was enough to get me accepted. Even though I hadn't even started they mark those changes on your file. My guess is that it probably goes a long way if you call them up and show a willingness to work for your admission.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot. You answer give me a big help. :-D

ejcastel wrote:
gameboyying wrote:

The first part is just a confirmation that you're interested in being put on the wait list. I think they just offer up some space to include any changes if applicable, I was able to include a project that I started at work and another that was starting in a few weeks. In this case I think anything helps.

After that, at the bottom of your letter there should be some info about contacting Christy Marquez for an admissions consultation. I believe this is only available to wait listed applicants and she'll go through your app and basically tell you where you were dinged. Hopefully it something that you can either fix or show that you're making some progress to correct. For me, it was some of my math work so I sign up for pre-MBA math at Berkeley extension. They have an online course you can start at any time and that was enough to get me accepted. Even though I hadn't even started they mark those changes on your file. My guess is that it probably goes a long way if you call them up and show a willingness to work for your admission.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
choni wrote:
dlee3814 wrote:
My app previously said "Submitted - Being reviewed by adcom" and now just submitted.. In some earlier posts
saw that it meant decisions were coming.. Was just curious..

Any change in app status Choni?? Mine changed late Friday to "Submitted... Being reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

Manager
Manager
Send PM
ASRuiz wrote:
choni wrote:
dlee3814 wrote:
My app previously said "Submitted - Being reviewed by adcom" and now just submitted.. In some earlier posts
saw that it meant decisions were coming.. Was just curious..

Any change in app status Choni?? Mine changed late Friday to "Submitted... Being reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

Mine hasn't changed yet....
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts