Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
2 or 3 more days depending on whether they follow form and call the admitted applicants a day earlier!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q41 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
How is everyone feeling?

I just got dinged by Wharton so I could be better. Still have Booth to wait for. Needless to say this week is rough.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
p1erre wrote:
How is everyone feeling?

I just got dinged by Wharton so I could be better. Still have Booth to wait for. Needless to say this week is rough.

Just got dinged from Wharton as well, stings a little. We are in the same boat, with the same schools pending :)

Have you prepared any round 2 applications? I have a good feeling about Booth :D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
p1erre wrote:
How is everyone feeling?

I got dinged (not even waitlisted) after interview at Darden, so I'm not feeling too great about my chances tomorrow if I apparently wasn't even competitive at Darden.
Intern
Intern
aalba005 wrote:
p1erre wrote:
How is everyone feeling?

Just got dinged from Wharton as well, stings a little. We are in the same boat, with the same schools pending :)

Have you prepared any round 2 applications? I have a good feeling about Booth :D

Sorry to hear about your ding. It does suck.

I have decided on round 2 schools, but haven't started any apps. What about you?

I feel good about Booth as well...I had a really really engaging and funny interview. To be perfectly honest (with myself) I left Wharton feeling neither here nor there about my interview. I mean, they went well but I definitely didnt feel a connection. I left feeling the same way I did when I arrived. How did you feel when you were done?

My Sloan interview went really well too so I'm kinda confident in good news from them too. How did yours go?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
p1erre wrote:
How is everyone feeling?

Anxious, paranoid, uneasy, sweaty, panicked, concerned, helpless, concerned, consumed. And that was all before I brushed my teeth this morning. I'll keep you updated on my condition as the day procceds :shock: !

Sorry to hear about Wharton. I was dinged without interview there so if it's any consolation (I know it isn't), you at least kicked my butt!

I feel a bit neutral about my interview at Booth. It wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't a slam dunk. I wonder how the interview is weighted at Booth...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
p1erre wrote:
aalba005 wrote:
p1erre wrote:
How is everyone feeling?

Sorry to hear about your ding. It does suck.

I have decided on round 2 schools, but haven't started any apps. What about you?

I feel good about Booth as well...I had a really really engaging and funny interview. To be perfectly honest (with myself) I left Wharton feeling neither here nor there about my interview. I mean, they went well but I definitely didnt feel a connection. I left feeling the same way I did when I arrived. How did you feel when you were done?

My Sloan interview went really well too so I'm kinda confident in good news from them too. How did yours go?

I also have decided on round 2 schools but have not started any apps. Only concern for round 2 is my mental state with waiting for 2 more months as well as coaxing my recommenders to help me one more time during the holiday season.

For the Wharton interview, I felt the group portion went ok, I did not take more than 1/6 of the total time but I did shift the groups idea a few times away from focusing on certain areas that already have serious investment in resources from within Wharton, Upenn or in general from Non-Profit power houses. I am not sure if I should have been more passive. No use over thinking it now.

After I completed all the interviews I definitely felt much better with my Booth and Sloan interviews. I felt Sloan was my strongest and that Booth went very well.

Hoping for good news tomorrow if they start calling people a day early like in the past :)
Intern
Intern
Physics wrote:
p1erre wrote:
How is everyone feeling?

Anxious, paranoid, uneasy, sweaty, panicked, concerned, helpless, concerned, consumed. And that was all before I brushed my teeth this morning. I'll keep you updated on my condition as the day procceds :shock: !

Sorry to hear about Wharton. I was dinged without interview there so if it's any consolation (I know it isn't), you at least kicked my butt!

I feel a bit neutral about my interview at Booth. It wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't a slam dunk. I wonder how the interview is weighted at Booth...

Hahaha I think you've captured my feelings as well...you forgot 'concerned'!

Sorry about your Ding as well. I'm not sure I kicked your butt...I live in the Caribbean and spent a ton of $$ to fly up for the interview. Feel like i was psyched actually. Oh well...

I wonder how it's weighted as well. I think it's the one school with the least amount of data available regarding this process (number interviewed, number accepted etc).

I knew for Wharton that being invited to interview didn't really mean jack because they interview both clear winners and marginals...and the TBD and negligible individual interview is definitely NOT ENOUGH to swing a marginal. The really do need to re-assess how they review applicants.

Anyway, good luck!! I really hope you get a call from Booth tomorrow or Sloan on Friday.
Intern
Intern
[/quote]

I also have decided on round 2 schools but have not started any apps. Only concern for round 2 is my mental state with waiting for 2 more months as well as coaxing my recommenders to help me one more time during the holiday season.

For the Wharton interview, I felt the group portion went ok, I did not take more than 1/6 of the total time but I did shift the groups idea a few times away from focusing on certain areas that already have serious investment in resources from within Wharton, Upenn or in general from Non-Profit power houses. I am not sure if I should have been more passive. No use over thinking it now.

After I completed all the interviews I definitely felt much better with my Booth and Sloan interviews. I felt Sloan was my strongest and that Booth went very well.

Hoping for good news tomorrow if they start calling people a day early like in the past :)[/quote]

I liked the TBD but it really doesn't help the school choose fairly because everyone does well in them (or feels like they did well). Outside of a candidate going ape**** in the group, there's NO WAY two second year students can objectively put together a comprehensive and individualized report on each candidate. Everyone in my group was great from my perspective.

Sounds like we had similar experiences otherwise. Sloan was my best as well. Do you have any safety schools?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Ready for Round Two

We know that many of you are celebrating the holiday season while also putting those final touches on your Round Two applications. As we shared with you earlier this year, you’ve got this. The weeks and months of preparation have served you well, and now you need to focus on refining and submitting! One of the most important things to remember is to be genuine and authentic, and let your personality and story come through the application. 

Once you hit submit on January 8th (or before), we begin the first phase of the application evaluation process. From January 8th through February 10th, the Admissions Committee will be reviewing applications. Interview invitations will be released on a rolling basis for one week starting on Monday, February 10th and ending on Friday, February 14th. Invitations will be released daily at 9am via the online application system.

Those who receive an invitation will have the option to interview from February 17th to March 8th on campus, at one of our off-campus locations in London, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, or anywhere in the world with one of our alumni community interviewers. If invited to interview, you will receive all details and instructions via email.

As you finalize your applications, we know that you may have questions about the application, or Booth in general. Join us for our upcoming Twitter Chat on Thursday, December 19th, or one of our student-hosted events in cities all over the world. 

We wish you a very happy holiday season and the best of luck on your application!

Regards,

Carrie
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
p1erre wrote:

Hoping for good news tomorrow if they start calling people a day early like in the past :)[/quote]

I liked the TBD but it really doesn't help the school choose fairly because everyone does well in them (or feels like they did well). Outside of a candidate going ape**** in the group, there's NO WAY two second year students can objectively put together a comprehensive and individualized report on each candidate. Everyone in my group was great from my perspective.

Sounds like we had similar experiences otherwise. Sloan was my best as well. Do you have any safety schools?[/quote]

I agree with your TBD thoughts. Regarding safety schools, I am vying for a special scholarship that requires me to get into a program from a predetermined list of schools so my round 2 schools will also consistent of very competitive programs. I am staying positive for tomorrow. Since Sloan results are on Friday I really hope I get good news tomorrow since waiting 3 days might be the end of me.
Intern
Intern
I agree with your TBD thoughts. Regarding safety schools, I am vying for a special scholarship that requires me to get into a program from a predetermined list of schools so my round 2 schools will also consistent of very competitive programs. I am staying positive for tomorrow. Since Sloan results are on Friday I really hope I get good news tomorrow since waiting 3 days might be the end of me.[/quote]

Ok, I gotcha. Best of luck with your program!

I agree, I hope both of us get good news tomorrow. Three days will definitely be the end of me as well. I'm thinking to apply for vacation and just sleep in so I'll wake up at noon :idea:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V43
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
p1erre wrote:
How is everyone feeling?

Like tomorrow will either be one of the best days of my life, or unquestionably the worst. I know that sounds overly dramatic, and it probably is, but that's how I feel right now. :-D
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Dinged by Harvard, Stanford, and now Wharton. It stings. However, Booth is definitely my sentimental favorite. I think my interview went well, but it was not perfect; I wasn't as articulate as I wanted to be on several of the questions. However, I think I still gave some very strong answers, which I hope will cancel out any weakness my interview might have. Booth and Kellogg are my last two schools, I'm HOPING one works out as I've invested so much time and energy. If it doesn't, I'll probably find another job, and maybe live abroad for a few years (something I've always wanted to do).

Good luck everyone tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
rcmba wrote:
p1erre wrote:
How is everyone feeling?

Like tomorrow will either be one of the best days of my life, or unquestionably the worst. I know that sounds overly dramatic, and it probably is, but that's how I feel right now. :-D

While I would like to say it's overly dramatic...it will also be one of the best or worst days of mine also. After getting dinged from Wharton (HBS & Columbia without interview), I'm not sure I can take another.

But chatting with fellow posters helps. Best of luck tomorrow!
Intern
Intern
aszx5527 wrote:
Dinged by Harvard, Stanford, and now Wharton. It stings. However, Booth is definitely my sentimental favorite. I think my interview went well, but it was not perfect; I wasn't as articulate as I wanted to be on several of the questions. However, I think I still gave some very strong answers, which I hope will cancel out any weakness my interview might have. Booth and Kellogg are my last two schools, I'm HOPING one works out as I've invested so much time and energy. If it doesn't, I'll probably find another job, and maybe live abroad for a few years (something I've always wanted to do).

Good luck everyone tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about your dings. I was dinged today too and by HBS and Columbia some weeks ago, each without interview. W/L by NYU too. I'm sure you did well in your interview. Postmortems are always grimmer than the actual experience. Kellogg, Booth and Sloan are my last of the M7. I have one saftey in Georgetown.

I hope one works out for you too. Tell me about the investment!! It's so much work and I've spent alot of money too :? :evil:

Your plans sound pretty great actually. I am from Trinidad & Tobago (in the Caribbean) but I want to get work experience in the US so that's my motivation.

Best of luck tomorrow!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
p1erre wrote:
Physics wrote:
p1erre wrote:
How is everyone feeling?

Hahaha I think you've captured my feelings as well...you forgot 'concerned'!

Sorry about your Ding as well. I'm not sure I kicked your butt...I live in the Caribbean and spent a ton of $$ to fly up for the interview. Feel like i was psyched actually. Oh well...

I wonder how it's weighted as well. I think it's the one school with the least amount of data available regarding this process (number interviewed, number accepted etc).

I knew for Wharton that being invited to interview didn't really mean jack because they interview both clear winners and marginals...and the TBD and negligible individual interview is definitely NOT ENOUGH to swing a marginal. The really do need to re-assess how they review applicants.

Anyway, good luck!! I really hope you get a call from Booth tomorrow or Sloan on Friday.

Doesn't pretty much any school that interviews such a high percentage of candidates (Booth included) interview a lot of marginals? If only 50% of people get admitted post-interview, either they're interviewing candidates that aren't getting in unless they cure cancer during the interview, or an awful lot of people do poorly on the interview, which seems hard to believe given the high quality of the applicant pool at these schools.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts