Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.63
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: Booth Class of 2017 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink]
Hi everyone, I know it's a little early to think about this, but does anyone know when the background check will be? Maybe I missed it on the checklist site. Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.83
WE:Asset Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
tenniscourt wrote:
Hi everyone, I know it's a little early to think about this, but does anyone know when the background check will be? Maybe I missed it on the checklist site. Thank you!

I was told that they are expecting to send out information regarding background checks next week. Checks are expected to take between 3 and 8 weeks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
hey everyone - does anyone else have trouble being added to the fb group? I'm friends with Kylie already and sent her two fb messages. it's been weeks and there was still nothing...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
cranberries123 wrote:
hey everyone - does anyone else have trouble being added to the fb group? I'm friends with Kylie already and sent her two fb messages. it's been weeks and there was still nothing...

She has two accounts.... sure you friend requested the right one?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Which one is the right one? Can you describe the profile pic? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
Hey guys, congrats to everyone! I was wondering if people had starting withdrawing apps or turned down other acceptances already? I still have to hear from a couple programs in Round 2, and haven't decided yet if Booth is where I'll end up but I'm pretty certain that I won't be attending NYU or Ross. I already withdrew from NYU and will probably doing so from Ross in the next week or so. Figured this might help other people who are on the bubble for interview invites/etc. also at those programs. How are you all going about the process? Are any of you waiting to hear from every school and then deciding?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Friends: I found the below discount site for Lenovo laptops (for University of Chicago students). I don't know how great the deals are competitively but the prices look fair. You may need to set up a Lenovo account before browsing.

I'm wondering if I can unbundle Windows and get a better deal, since University of Chicago offers free Windows software for students.

https://shop.lenovo.com/uchicago/us/en/affinity/home/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
jrober12 wrote:
tenniscourt wrote:

I was told that they are expecting to send out information regarding background checks next week. Checks are expected to take between 3 and 8 weeks.

Thanks for the reply earlier! Just want to check, we haven't received any email from Re Vera right? Checklist says we have to return the form by 13th so wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
I have to say that I was very impressed by First Day...the amount of time and effort the current students put in to plan this event was really great to see. It was great to meet a lot of you, and I'm looking forward to this fall!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools: Booth '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
bostonbp wrote:
Friends: I found the below discount site for Lenovo laptops (for University of Chicago students). I don't know how great the deals are competitively but the prices look fair. You may need to set up a Lenovo account before browsing.

I'm wondering if I can unbundle Windows and get a better deal, since University of Chicago offers free Windows software for students.

Hey, thanks for the share! I just pulled the trigger on a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon. Weird thing I noticed that's worth pointing out: I was actually able to get the laptop for cheaper without the U Chicago discount. If you sign up for their email list OR use a code that expires today (SAV10THINKPAD), you get $100 off and free shipping. Shook out to be about $80 cheaper than the school price. Just an FYI!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jwjw wrote:
bostonbp wrote:

Hey, thanks for the share! I just pulled the trigger on a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon. Weird thing I noticed that's worth pointing out: I was actually able to get the laptop for cheaper without the U Chicago discount. If you sign up for their email list OR use a code that expires today (SAV10THINKPAD), you get $100 off and free shipping. Shook out to be about $80 cheaper than the school price. Just an FYI!

Good tip. I went with the Yoga Pad 2 pro, it's pretty awesome. I ended up going into Best Buy to look at them and bought an "open box" model (returned within fourteen days, but not for hardware malfunction or it would be refurbished). It was $300 less than an equivalent computer with the same specs ($900 vs $1200) and cheaper than what similar Yoga Pad 2 pros go for online (this one has the 4th generation i7, 256gb solid state drive and 8 gigs of ram). Pretty happy with it.

Anyone ever done a warranty through squaretrade? Looks way cheaper than Geek Squad (which is a ripoff) and has good reviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools: Booth '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
bostonbp wrote:
Good tip. I went with the Yoga Pad 2 pro, it's pretty awesome. I ended up going into Best Buy to look at them and bought an "open box" model (returned within fourteen days, but not for hardware malfunction or it would be refurbished). It was $300 less than an equivalent computer with the same specs ($900 vs $1200) and cheaper than what similar Yoga Pad 2 pros go for online (this one has the 4th generation i7, 256gb solid state drive and 8 gigs of ram). Pretty happy with it.

Anyone ever done a warranty through squaretrade? Looks way cheaper than Geek Squad (which is a ripoff) and has good reviews.

Nicely done! That's a great price for some great hardware. I don't have any experience with squaretrade, but agreed that store-bought warranties are always a rip and should be avoided.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
Send PM
dustwun wrote:
cranberries123 wrote:

Hi all, I'm a deferred admit from last year. Would you be able to tell me what FB group you're all referring to and how I can join? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
koach wrote:
dustwun wrote:
cranberries123 wrote:

Hi all, I'm a deferred admit from last year. Would you be able to tell me what FB group you're all referring to and how I can join? Thanks.

Friend Kylie Wilcer with the university on Facebook and ask her for an invite.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anybody do the CNet registration yet? I'm a bit confused on the benefits of xMail over gmail apps. They're suggesting xMail, so if I can use it on my laptops mail app that will be fine. Just wondering if anyone has experience. If not I'll call the school and figure it out.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anybody do the CNet registration yet? I'm a bit confused on the benefits of xMail over gmail apps. They're suggesting xMail, so if I can use it on my laptops mail app that will be fine. Just wondering if anyone has experience. If not I'll call the school and figure it out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
bostonbp wrote:

second this question - came here looking for an insight into the same problem. I'd rather have google i think, but....
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts