Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 3: 760
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 5 yrs
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
Hi all - Agree with rmc720. I was actually admitted in mid-February and I have the 4/15 deadline for deposit. The Columbia connect II weekend is April 7-8 so I am guessing that everyone admitted after Columbia Connect I in Feb has until that April 15th deadline...

gobigorgohome - Since other people are hearing from their other R2 schools by this week mostly, I'm guessing you'll start to see some movement soon hopefully!! Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nycgirl84 wrote:
Hi all - Agree with rmc720. I was actually admitted in mid-February and I have the 4/15 deadline for deposit. The Columbia connect II weekend is April 7-8 so I am guessing that everyone admitted after Columbia Connect I in Feb has until that April 15th deadline...

gobigorgohome - Since other people are hearing from their other R2 schools by this week mostly, I'm guessing you'll start to see some movement soon hopefully!! Good luck!

Thanks rmc720 and nycgirl84! April 15th sounds much more reasonable. Fingers crossed!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Submitted: 1/26
Under Review: 2/2
Interview Invite: 2/23
Interview: 3/4
Interview Complete: 3/7

Still waiting...I say the longer I wait the more they are thinking about me! The glass is half full for this guy!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Long time lurker here that felt obligated to boost morale here on the board. I got an acceptance call today, so there is no reason to lose hope.

Applied: Jan 2
Interviewed: Feb 27
Complete: March 11

Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I also received my ding a couple of days of ago. I believe that it is partially due to my late submission (mid Jan).
Anyways, I am planning on doing an ED, when is the earliest possible submission date. I want to be able to get a decision before the R1 deadlines of other schools will that possible?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
Send PM
ua87 wrote:
I also received my ding a couple of days of ago. I believe that it is partially due to my late submission (mid Jan).
Anyways, I am planning on doing an ED, when is the earliest possible submission date. I want to be able to get a decision before the R1 deadlines of other schools will that possible?

I think you can submit your application as soon as it becomes available for the next application season. I think one of the GC members here submitted as early as May last year. Check the spreadsheet. You can definitely get a response before R1 deadlines if you submit early enough.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
Send PM
JRBuhn9 wrote:
Long time lurker here that felt obligated to boost morale here on the board. I got an acceptance call today, so there is no reason to lose hope.

Applied: Jan 2
Interviewed: Feb 27
Complete: March 11

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Wharton Class of 2013
GMAT 2: 720
Send PM
nycgirl84 wrote:

Hopefully they let us know this week so that if we're lucky to be admitted we can make plans to attend Columbia Connect. This Friday will be two weeks out from Columbia Connect and only three weeks from the deposit deadline! Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dw21 wrote:
I have friend at Columbia now who got accepted from the waitlist. He said that after he was waitlisted, he continued going to campus, visiting classes, spoke with professors and adcom members, etc. Basically, did everything possible to show how strong his interest was in the school. He eventually got accepted... I would recommend doing the same. Don't just call and say please accept me.. Actually go and show that you really want to be accepted. This link shows some good info also
https://www.ivyleagueadmission.com/waitbus.html

Hi dw21, thank you very much for this. Without revealing too much about your friend for privacy reasons, can you share with us his timeline (ie. when he applied, when he was waitlisted, when he eventually was accepted)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
A friend of mine got an admit call this morning...I'm so nervous! My app went complete a day after his.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What dates did you guys go complete? I'm 2/28 and still waiting...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hmm I had gotten a call last week about being on the waitlist, and adcom suggested I consider the EMBA which would be starting in the spring. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1474 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
might sound silly but does anyone believe there is a chance for getting in if anyone applies from this point onwards?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
 Q47  V38
GPA: 3.52
WE 1: 5 yr Big Four
WE 2: 0.5 yr IB
Send PM
gobigorgohome wrote:
dw21 wrote:
I have friend at Columbia now who got accepted from the waitlist. He said that after he was waitlisted, he continued going to campus, visiting classes, spoke with professors and adcom members, etc. Basically, did everything possible to show how strong his interest was in the school. He eventually got accepted... I would recommend doing the same. Don't just call and say please accept me.. Actually go and show that you really want to be accepted. This link shows some good info also
https://www.ivyleagueadmission.com/waitbus.html

Hi dw21, thank you very much for this. Without revealing too much about your friend for privacy reasons, can you share with us his timeline (ie. when he applied, when he was waitlisted, when he eventually was accepted)?

My friend is currently enrolled - class of 2012. He was admitted last year off the waitlist so i'm not sure of his time line. Sorry.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
zisis wrote:
might sound silly but does anyone believe there is a chance for getting in if anyone applies from this point onwards?

From today, you have 20 days to apply, so undoubtedly your app and recommendations will be rushed. Considering it seems like most of the class is filled, unless your credentials are exceptional, I wouldn't waste my money, my time, nor want to have the status as a reapplicant for next year.

I would suggest applying ED or J-term for 2012 if possible.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
ding w/o interview ...sigh
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
zisis wrote:

P>0, but its obviously not as good as it would have been had you applied 6 months ago. That being said if you've cured cancer or have some other interesting/compelling story in addition to being a stellar candidate then there very well may be a spot for you in the class.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  192   193   194   195   196   197   198