Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.97
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Yeah I applied for Round 3. Waiting anxiously for the 7th. I'm assuming all interview invites come out on the specified day?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Yup. Round 3 here as well.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Have any round 3 applicants received an interview invite yet? Or does that happen exactly on April 7th?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V30
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail)
Send PM
News anybody??
Probably find out around noon...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.73
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
If we are invited for an interview, will we receive an email? Thanks.
Current Student
Send PM
d5321 wrote:
If we are invited for an interview, will we receive an email? Thanks.

As far as I know, we will be informed via SIS system and email.
Damn no interview invite for me :cry:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just received my invite at 3:50 PM ET.
Current Student
Send PM
ibiza6403 wrote:

Same here... They also wrote that this is not a final decision. I would be invited at a later stage in this round.. Pehh!
bb85 wrote:
ibiza6403 wrote:

Same here... They also wrote that this is not a final decision. I would be invited at a later stage in this round.. Pehh!

Yeah its over for us. Personally hoping for some interview invites from UCLA and USC. Good luck with the rest of your process.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Preparing for an Internship at Coca-Cola
Building brands and creating great customer experiences has always been my professional passion. One of the reasons I came to Fuqua was to transition from my previous role at a company where brand management was more of a support function to a company where the brand was the heart and soul of the firm.

This past summer I had the opportunity to work in brand marketing through an internship at Coca-Cola—one of the world’s most loved brands. Here are some ways Fuqua helped prepare me for a fantastic internship experience.

Getting the Offer
  • Relationships: One of the reasons I chose to attend Fuqua was the program’s success in placing students at top marketing companies. The Coca-Cola Company actively recruits at Fuqua, including visiting campus to meet with interested students. Having the company actually come to my school helped remove a big barrier in the recruiting process.
  • Mentor support: I was paired with a second-year MBA student with a similar background who had already successfully navigated the internship recruiting process. Having a mentor to help guide me through the process, prep for interviews, and make internship decisions not only made me a stronger candidate but also helped me find the right fit.
  • Peer support: A combination of the Team Fuqua spirit and Fuqua’s student-led culture provided unique opportunities for me to successfully manage internship recruiting. For example, a weekly marketing interview prep series led by second-year students demystified the recruiting process. Additionally, group mock interviews led by the Career Management Center helped me learn from others and polish my interviewing skills.

A custom “Team Fuqua” Coke
On the job
  • Team Fuqua: Our school is consistently recognized for graduates that are particularly strong at working effectively with others. Formal mechanisms such as intentionally designed Consequential Leadership (C-Lead) teams, to informal mechanisms such as student-led clubs and activities provide an education in collaboration and leading teams towards a common goal—the crux of the Team Fuqua spirit. Collaborating with diverse groups of people and building relationships is a critical skill at a relationship-driven company such as Coca-Cola, so our education is very applicable.
  • Network: Both Duke and Fuqua have a strong alumni presence at the Coca-Cola Company. Since 10 weeks is not a lot of time to navigate a large organization, it was great to have a built-in support network to make the company seem smaller.
  • Coursework: Fuqua does a great job offering coursework to prepare students for the technical and soft skills required to be successful. From a technical standpoint, courses such as Marketing Intelligence, Information Management, and Foundations of Strategy provided tools to help me synthesize large amounts of data in a strategic way—a critical skill for a marketer. Additionally, Fuqua is one of the only schools to build 2 communication courses into the core curriculum, which prepared me for the presentations I gave during the summer
As students at Duke, we often discuss how we can make our MBA experience not simply transactional, but transformational. I hope you can see from my experience through an internship at Coca-Cola, that my journey to find the right career path is not simply about securing an internship. It’s about the 360-degree experience of building relationships, helping others, expanding one’s comfort zone and having a great time along the way!

The post Preparing for an Internship at Coca-Cola appeared first on Duke MBA Student Blog.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Benefitting from a Collaborative Environment
Making decisions is hard. Every single thing we choose eliminates all other possibilities. This is life.

When deciding which business school was the right place for me, I evaluated several factors. Among them was diversity—was I going to be able to learn from classmates from all around the world and many different backgrounds? A focus on health care—whichever school I chose had to be a leader in health care, and its MBA coursework would have to give me a variety of opportunities to learn about the industry.

But most importantly, I wanted a collaborative environment. I don’t think I fully understood the value of a collaborative environment and the impact it has had on my MBA life until I faced one of the hardest things a person can—the death of a loved one.

They say Fall Term 2 of a Daytime MBA student’s first year is one of the toughest, with a heavy academic load combined with intense recruitment activities. Days tend to be long, and patience is not always student’s best strength. I remember we all went into the second week of the term knowing it would be particular challenge. We could see on Monday morning that each day that followed was going to include 14 or more hours of intense work, with little time to rest, eat and recharge energies.

On Tuesday night, I was in the middle of a company presentation when I got a call from my husband. He said that his sister had passed away. This was not unexpected, as she had been fighting cancer for over a year, but at that moment my world seemed to collapse. I went home to my Station 9 apartment, bought a plane ticket for early the next morning, had dinner, packed, and tried to sleep for a few hours.

You might be wondering why I’m telling you this story, and what does it have to do with Fuqua and an MBA. As I was saying, I had not truly realized the importance of a collaborative environment until that evening. My Consequential Leadership (C-LEAD) team responded incredibly to what I was going through. One of them offered to drive me to the airport at 4:00 a.m. and was there for me when I most needed it. It seems crazy that a few months ago we had not even met, and on a day like this they stepped up to help. Coursework was taken care of. Notes from class were also take care of. Between my amazing section of 70-plus classmates, who emailed me during the week to give me strength and offer their help, and my C-LEAD teammates, I knew that I didn’t have to worry about what I was going to miss while home.

But a collaborative environment is not only about the students, it is also about the professors. I have to say that the response of each and every one of my professors was more than I expected. Their understanding was much appreciated. Most even went the extra mile, saying that they would personally help me get back on track when I returned. They offered their time and their support.

The Fuqua community is unique because of the careful selection that the Admissions office does every year when admitting students. We are a supportive community that will not only enrich you from an academic and professional standpoint, we will also enrich you from a human perspective. We are there to cover each other’s backs and help when needed. I definitely felt it while going through this rough experience.

When deciding which school you would like to go to, focus on the factors that are really important to you. The ones I mentioned at the beginning of this post were some of the ones that made me choose Fuqua, and I must say I’m happy that I did!

The post Benefitting from a Collaborative Environment appeared first on Duke MBA Student Blog.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Why this place is so silent? How many applicants are waiting for R3 decisions tomorrow?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Why this place is so silent? How many applicants are waiting for R3 decisions tomorrow?

I was waitlisted R2 and am waiting for tomorrow's decision. Not sure why it's been quiet around here, but I'm hoping that it's because not many people applied R3 and I have less competition! 8-)
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
klaxon wrote:
Narenn wrote:

I was waitlisted R2 and am waiting for tomorrow's decision. Not sure why it's been quiet around here, but I'm hoping that it's because not many people applied R3 and I have less competition! 8-)

Sounds like it. Good luck to you and all others for tomorrow!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
klaxon wrote:
Narenn wrote:

Sounds like it. Good luck to you and all others for tomorrow!!

Waiting with bated breath as well... Historically they have called admitted students the day prior. It doesn't seem to be that way this round..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts