Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 4: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 2.71
WE:Underwriter (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entertainment & Media
Schools:USC (in!!!), NYU (Waitlist)
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink]
javatheboxer wrote:
Anyone heard from the wait list? I am hoping after the payment deadline there will be some movement.

I was hoping the same thing... I still haven't heard a peep from them. Not only has the R2 payment deadline passed, but also the R3 notification deadline. I reeeeaaaalllly hope we hear soon...'cause this waiting pretty much sucks :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got a phone call today, I got in! I also found out I got in last week at UCLA, been a R2 waitlister at both schools. Now I have to decide.... One question I have, the out of state tuition costs are listed at around 98k for both schools, but I've heard that USC is more expensive, does that generalization only apply to in-state students, who benefit from a lower tuition at UCLA? Also, I am assuming living expenses will be a bit higher at UCLA considering it's in one of the most expensive areas in SoCal.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cobrauf wrote:
Got a phone call today, I got in! I also found out I got in last week at UCLA, been a R2 waitlister at both schools. Now I have to decide.... One question I have, the out of state tuition costs are listed at around 98k for both schools, but I've heard that USC is more expensive, does that generalization only apply to in-state students, who benefit from a lower tuition at UCLA? Also, I am assuming living expenses will be a bit higher at UCLA considering it's in one of the most expensive areas in SoCal.

Congrats! A couple questions...can you please share your profile? And also, what did you do in terms of additional contact and updates?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
silverdana wrote:
cobrauf wrote:

Congrats! A couple questions...can you please share your profile? And also, what did you do in terms of additional contact and updates?

Thanks!

Sure, 730 gmat, 3.7 gpa from a FL state school, had my own business for 4 years. I did not actually provide additional updates since the office told me they wouldn't accept any additional recommendations and I didn't plan to retake the gmat.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Send PM
You can add me as an admit. Got the call today. I applied April 30th to MBA.PM. Good luck to all that are still waiting. FYI - I chose not to do the video resume.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
BMR21 wrote:
Is submitting the deposit done entirely online? They said the deadline is June 1, so I just want to see if its something I can do on the day of the 1st or if I have to send it in before then. I may not get a decision on some other schools until June 1 so I'm trying to plan out the timing.

online & by credit card.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Dear Hard Workers,

I just noticed that MBA.PM has added two more rounds:

- Round 3 June 1, 2011 June 1, 2011 June 30, 2011
- Round 4 July 1, 2011 July 1, 2011 space permitting

Does it mean more hopes for wait-listers?

I've been placed on WL on May 23; when would be the latest to give up hopes?
What are the chances to get in and how USC deals with WLers?
How should I communicate with them to hopefully make it happen?

Thanks for your help and support.
Barista
Intern
Intern
Send PM
barista wrote:
Hi Dear Hard Workers,

Barista

Does anyone know if you can apply for the MBA.PM and the full-time program for the same year? I am waitlisted for the Full-time program, but have since relocated to the LA area for a job. Where the PM program wasn't an option for me before, now it is... Thinking I might get a last minute app in given there seems to be space available. Thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am admitted to Georgetown and USC full-time MBA but I want to hear your thoughts before I make a decision.

I am an international applicant with. Post-MBA I want to work in management consultancy. I have no ties with any of these two places so both schools are equal for me. Which one is more respected in USA and which one would provide me more opportunities to find a job?

Thanks and good luck to all wait listed applicants!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GT is in DC and is closer to NY. Location maybe better than LA believe it or not. LA is better for entertainment.

splendido wrote:
I am admitted to Georgetown and USC full-time MBA but I want to hear your thoughts before I make a decision.

I am an international applicant with. Post-MBA I want to work in management consultancy. I have no ties with any of these two places so both schools are equal for me. Which one is more respected in USA and which one would provide me more opportunities to find a job?

Thanks and good luck to all wait listed applicants!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
phoich55 wrote:
silverdana wrote:

Does anyone know if you can apply for the MBA.PM and the full-time program for the same year? I am waitlisted for the Full-time program, but have since relocated to the LA area for a job. Where the PM program wasn't an option for me before, now it is... Thinking I might get a last minute app in given there seems to be space available. Thoughts?

This is straight form the USC FAQ page... hope it helps.

Can I apply to more than one Marshall MBA program in the same year, or move from one program to another?

USC Marshall offers five MBA programs, and each is entirely separate from the other programs. Applicants can only apply for admission to one program. We do not allow students to move from one program to another at anytime due to the differences in course work and structure of the programs.

Thanks for the info. Though, it's a bummer I have to keep waiting... :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
barista wrote:
Hi Dear Hard Workers,

Barista

Hey Guys,

I had the exact question as Barista, can anyone help us answer this?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
R3 wait listed.. wait was it R2? I could have sworn that R3 deadline was May 1st. Now when I check the deadline website May 1st is now R2 and R3 is due June 1st. Anyone else notice this?

Also, for those who have been accepted for the May 1st deadline (whatever round that is) what is the deadline for a deposit (I want to know when I should give up hope) and also how much is the deposit?

THANKS!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATISMYWITCH wrote:
R3 wait listed.. wait was it R2? I could have sworn that R3 deadline was May 1st. Now when I check the deadline website May 1st is now R2 and R3 is due June 1st. Anyone else notice this?

Also, for those who have been accepted for the May 1st deadline (whatever round that is) what is the deadline for a deposit (I want to know when I should give up hope) and also how much is the deposit?

THANKS!

I'm pretty sure the round 2 deadline was sometime in January. The deposit deadline for R2 was May 1st and it was $1500.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just saw that the Financial Aid deadline was May 3rd.

I had turned in my FAFSA way back in Feb, but I just recently turned in the supplementary form and the Grad Plus Loan form. Does anyone know if this will greatly affect my financial aid packet and has anyone heard about financial aid?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good to see one has the courtesy to send email to its applicants.

I haven't heard anything back from USC Marshall as of today and since march 27 (The date I've applied). They never responded to any of my 8 emails :wall I had to find out myself about the Suplemental and SSS forms, since I couldn't find any knowledgeable person on the phone to answers my questions. I was transferred more than 10 times and still left with my tail between my legs. And finally, I learned about my status online, as I've been checking it everyday. Never received any kinds of notification from them what so ever.

They suppose to be very charming now to fill the classes; I'm not sure how they would take care of their students later, after you've already paid the damn 100k.

Is this a bad sign or something magical would happen after you are admitted?
Just sharing my thoughts. Thanks for listening.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
barista wrote:
Good to see one has the courtesy to send email to its applicants.

I haven't heard anything back from USC Marshall as of today and since march 27 (The date I've applied). They never responded to any of my 8 emails :wall I had to find out myself about the Suplemental and SSS forms, since I couldn't find any knowledgeable person on the phone to answers my questions. I was transferred more than 10 times and still left with my tail between my legs. And finally, I learned about my status online, as I've been checking it everyday. Never received any kinds of notification from them what so ever.

They suppose to be very charming now to fill the classes; I'm not sure how they would take care of their students later, after you've already paid the damn 100k.

Is this a bad sign or something magical would happen after you are admitted?
Just sharing my thoughts. Thanks for listening.

I just hope it is not a bad sign :roll:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts