Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:06 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
Re: Calling all KATZ (Pittsburgh) Applicants Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
nitzz wrote:
Ajax12 wrote:
Has any R2 applicant whose interview is over received their results?

I got a mail that Ill know my results by 15th, but would like to know if there have been any updates regarding the same!

Thanks and all the best!

I wish I applied in R2. Now I have to wait till April 15 to receive my decision. :(

Hehe, I know the feeling!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GPA: 2.92
Send PM
Any admitted or interviewed ppl for full time mba in operations here?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GRE 1: Q780 V680
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
nidhi0989 wrote:
nitzz wrote:
Hi All,
I'm just done with my Katz evaluate interview for Full Time MBA program.I hope that questions asked in my interview will help people who applied to Katz.

Interviewed by:- William Valenta,Assistant Dean of MBA and Executive Programs
Interview Type:- Management Consulting
Duration :- 20 minutes

Questions asked in the interview:-
1)Walk me through your resume?
2)Professional Accomplishments?
3)Short term goal after MBA?
4)Why Katz interests you?
5)What firms are you looking at after your MBA?
6)Global issues that took your attention?
7)What research have you done on the skills required for your short term goal?
8) What do you think are the basic skills consulting firms are looking at in a candidate?
9)Tell me a time when you tried to accomplish something and you failed. What did you learn from that experience?
10)Any questions that I can help you with?

I think my interview went okay,but I'm expecting a reject from Katz because the interviewer told me that many consulting firms have a prerequisite of minimum 680-700 GMAT score and that my GMAT score is 40 points lesser than firms' prerequisite. :( Overall, I had a good interview experience. :)

Good Luck!

Regards,
Nitesh

Hey Nitesh,

I have received an interview invite from Katz. This my sound funny, but I'm not able to decide the post MBA function that I fit into. I wanna get into IT Consulting, should I pick a slot with Technology or with Management Consulting? Funny, but i'm bummed :oops:
Could you please tell me how specific is the interview category selection ?

Thanks,
Nidhi

Hi nidhi0989
i called them to confirm. For a future job in IT Consulting one must schedule a technology interview is what they said.
So we are good.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi All,

Can the post-MBA job function selected during the interview, differ from what was selected during the application process? I'm thoroughly confused!

I'm also assuming that this function can be changed after finally enrolling in the program (esp. for the 2-yr FT MBA)?

Thanks, MB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Katz '17 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys,

I recently saw the post on "Katz class of 2017" forum and thought I might be of some help here, by sharing my experience that I had with Katz Business school.
I had applied to Katz in the first round of the application. I was shortlisted and interviewed soon after and was admitted to the program thereafter. The interview questions were more or less generic on the profile and my experience.
A bit of my background.
I have 5 years of IT experience and have worked in the Financial domain with a Hong Kong based multinational. I also have international experience in working with a product based company in the technology sector. In my 5 years of experience, I have worked in the IT domain as an analyst and as a developer in the middleware and EAI layer.

I was in the same dilemma as you are, on which concentration to go for the interview as I am still not sure whether I want to take strategy consulting or technology/product development as a mainstream career choice. However, I went ahead with strategy with my interview selection.
The point I am trying to make here is that it will really not matter which concentration you choose for the interview because the decision of taking up the concentration as a career choice will be finally taken up in the second year of the MBA. My thought process on selecting the concentration is that I would want to study the mandatory subjects in the first year of MBA which would comprise subjects on all concentrations and then decide on what concentration I want to choose as a career choice so that I can make an informed decision. So, I believe one should not fret over it. Just be confident with laying down your thought process and you should be good.

Also, to add, I would say I had done a lot of research on colleges in the same category of GMAT and experience, Katz surely came out to be the best bet.
Lot of advantages Katz has, more in terms that it is a state university with a good reputation, the fee is quite affordable in comparison to other B-schools and Pittsburgh is a great place to live and earn education. Plus, it has proximity to New York and Boston which would be a great boon in terms of available job opportunities. I have connected with students who are there in the second year at Katz Business school and I received great feedback on the program.
I am totally convinced and would recommend Katz to everyone.

I wish all the best to the folks applying to Katz business school and would be happy to further share my experience on this.

Let us all admitted students connect more over the course of next few months before we head to US for a new and amazing start.

Regards
Rajat Bhatia
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kpsg wrote:
nidhi0989 wrote:
Hey kpsg - Yea, I booked for Technology. But i'm still confused :-D

:D
Now even i am getting confused
when is your interview? mine is on 13th

Hey kpsg,
How was your interview? :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nitzz wrote:
kpsg wrote:
nidhi0989 wrote:
Hey kpsg - Yea, I booked for Technology. But i'm still confused :-D

:D
Now even i am getting confused
when is your interview? mine is on 13th

Hey kpsg,
How was your interview? :)

tomorrow :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anybody who submitted application on Feb 1st received interview invite?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V24
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Human Resources)
Send PM
Finally Rejected after waitlisting. :( It was my best b school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dinged. :( Got the decision today.Good luck to other applicants. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GPA: 3.1
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I had an awful experience with Katz! Firstly, they seemed to be in sort of a hurry during the interview and I felt that there was so much more that I could have discussed with them, if I was allowed more time. Also, during my turn at asking questions, they mostly replied with a 'No' which overall felt unco-operative compared to some of the other interview sessions that I had. Post interview, they started enquiring about my post MBA Goals once again along with the whole Consulting Job and GMAT score drama through a series of emails. I was made to wait forever before finally being rejected after 5 weeks post interview.

Maybe it's the significant hop in terms of rankings or whatever; I definitely did not have a good time with them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
nitzz. when did you apply to katz? which deadline?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
abdullahqureshi wrote:
nitzz. when did you apply to katz? which deadline?

I applied in R3,submitted application on January 9, 2015
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nivedaece wrote:
Anybody who submitted application on Feb 1st received interview invite?

Hey,
Received an interview invite last week. Much like many others on this forum I'm pretty confused on which interview type to book. Will sort things out in a day or two and book an interview slot for the end of feb. dates permitting.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
R3 applicant. Was interviewed on Friday. Got waitlisted today :( :(
wtf!!!!
I had a very good interview
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
me4rajat wrote:
Hi Guys,

I recently saw the post on "Katz class of 2017" forum and thought I might be of some help here, by sharing my experience that I had with Katz Business school.
I had applied to Katz in the first round of the application. I was shortlisted and interviewed soon after and was admitted to the program thereafter. The interview questions were more or less generic on the profile and my experience.
A bit of my background.
I have 5 years of IT experience and have worked in the Financial domain with a Hong Kong based multinational. I also have international experience in working with a product based company in the technology sector. In my 5 years of experience, I have worked in the IT domain as an analyst and as a developer in the middleware and EAI layer.

I was in the same dilemma as you are, on which concentration to go for the interview as I am still not sure whether I want to take strategy consulting or technology/product development as a mainstream career choice. However, I went ahead with strategy with my interview selection.
The point I am trying to make here is that it will really not matter which concentration you choose for the interview because the decision of taking up the concentration as a career choice will be finally taken up in the second year of the MBA. My thought process on selecting the concentration is that I would want to study the mandatory subjects in the first year of MBA which would comprise subjects on all concentrations and then decide on what concentration I want to choose as a career choice so that I can make an informed decision. So, I believe one should not fret over it. Just be confident with laying down your thought process and you should be good.

Also, to add, I would say I had done a lot of research on colleges in the same category of GMAT and experience, Katz surely came out to be the best bet.
Lot of advantages Katz has, more in terms that it is a state university with a good reputation, the fee is quite affordable in comparison to other B-schools and Pittsburgh is a great place to live and earn education. Plus, it has proximity to New York and Boston which would be a great boon in terms of available job opportunities. I have connected with students who are there in the second year at Katz Business school and I received great feedback on the program.
I am totally convinced and would recommend Katz to everyone.

I wish all the best to the folks applying to Katz business school and would be happy to further share my experience on this.

Let us all admitted students connect more over the course of next few months before we head to US for a new and amazing start.

Regards
Rajat Bhatia

Hey,

I also got interview invite after few days of my application submission, just wondering how long does they take on providing the final decision. During my interview the intervier said the decision will be out in like 4-6 weeks. Was your case similar?

I am waiting for the good news from the college about my acceptance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
vaggar4 wrote:
Finally Rejected after waitlisting. :( It was my best b school.

So is it gonna be Mason for you this year or are you waiting for your waitlisted schools?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts