Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Biotech
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:R2: MIT (ding), Stanford (WL w/int), Wharton (WL w/ int), Emory (admitted!)
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
Received an interview. Woot!

I was definitely not expecting this one. The e-mail says to complete the interview in 10 days. Anyone has difficulty with that?

Good luck to all of you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Schools:HBS (R2) - ACCEPTED, Stanford (R2) - WAITLIST, Wharton (R2) - ACCEPTED
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: Strategy consultant - Fortune 10 company
WE 2: Investment banking - M&A
Send PM
Kudos
Received an invite a few hours ago--looks like they're still working weekends. Awesome. :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just received an interview! I am really excited, I no longer believed I would receive one. I guess this will keep the hope alive. Best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Schools:Wharton (R1, accepted with fellowship), MIT Sloan (R1, accepted), HBS (R1, ding w/o interview), GSB (R2, accepted)
GMAT 3: 750
Send PM
Kudos
thanks everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:University of Chicago
 Q40  V44
Send PM
Kudos
You guys are seriously pessimistic! I just visited the admissions office while I was at the school and they said they did not even send the bulk of their interviews out as of yet. Its trickling in slowly. Also last year I had two friends that received interview invites a week before the final days. Just be happy you put your best foot forward and did all that you could...no point in getting all wrapped up...who knows what can happen.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
Kudos
RuthlessCA wrote:
You guys are seriously pessimistic! I just visited the admissions office while I was at the school and they said they did not even send the bulk of their interviews out as of yet. Its trickling in slowly. Also last year I had two friends that received interview invites a week before the final days. Just be happy you put your best foot forward and did all that you could...no point in getting all wrapped up...who knows what can happen.

Yay. :-D

I know my post came off pretty dark but what I was trying to convey is that, given the numbers - and despite being a pessimistic person - I do think there's still hope. But if some people cope better by underplaying their chances in the hopes of minimizing disappointment (and this is usually my strategy), I can dig it. To each her own.

Personally I like your scoop.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Internet
Schools:Stanford, HBS (interview)
 Q50  V42
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Product Management
WE 2: Software Engineer
Send PM
Kudos
This is kinda funny.... but sucks because it likely ruined my chances for an GSB interview :\

I was at Bloomingdales, buying a new suit for my HBS interview (which doesn't really warrant a *new* suit, but in my job I don't wear suits and the only one I own I bought in 2003 from Banana Republic).

A woman was in there as well, trying on clothes for her wedding. She was absolutely gorgeous. The Bloomingdales attendant told her that I was buying a suit for my HBS interview. The beautiful woman said "Congrats! I went to Stanford GSB! "

THEN I said "OMG I am so mad at that school I could just burn it down!" totally kidding, and referencing how excruciating it's been to see the interviews slowly trickle out without getting one myself. But still - my comment was *way* too dramatic. That's what these forums do to us though :p

She told me she gives some of the interviews, so of course I asked if she knew whether all the invites were out yet. However she's not doing interviews this year (traveling) so she didn't know. She was super nice though, and one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

Anyways, thought I'd share my foot-in-the-mouth moment. I am sure it didn't do well for my chances - HA!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos

Hi team, new to this blog but since I have found reading your posts really helpful would like to chip in too.

Could someone kindly add me to the rollcall. I'm a Round 2 applicant, invited for interview.

M/29/Medtech/730/Australia
    Manager
    Manager
    Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
    Given Kudos: 3
    Schools:HBS/KSG Class of 2014 (deferring)
    GPA: 3.66
    Send PM
    Kudos
    colequinn wrote:
    This is kinda funny.... but sucks because it likely ruined my chances for an GSB interview :\

I was at Bloomingdales, buying a new suit for my HBS interview (which doesn't really warrant a *new* suit, but in my job I don't wear suits and the only one I own I bought in 2003 from Banana Republic).

A woman was in there as well, trying on clothes for her wedding. She was absolutely gorgeous. The Bloomingdales attendant told her that I was buying a suit for my HBS interview. The beautiful woman said "Congrats! I went to Stanford GSB! "

THEN I said "OMG I am so mad at that school I could just burn it down!" totally kidding, and referencing how excruciating it's been to see the interviews slowly trickle out without getting one myself. But still - my comment was *way* too dramatic. That's what these forums do to us though :p

She told me she gives some of the interviews, so of course I asked if she knew whether all the invites were out yet. However she's not doing interviews this year (traveling) so she didn't know. She was super nice though, and one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

Anyways, thought I'd share my foot-in-the-mouth moment. I am sure it didn't do well for my chances - HA!

Another reason to boost Stanford up as my number one...and another reason my HBS interview (which I felt went well <knock on wood>) doesn't make me feel any better.

J/k, j/k, seriously though this trickle crap irks me to no end, plus I do not like my chances - two of the four schools I applied to send the majority of their invites out in one big wave - MIT LGO and HBS - and I got invites for both. Wharton on the other hand I sat there for weeks waiting for my interview, only to not get one. I don't like how Stanford is shaping up the same way (at least it seems NO ONE is getting an interview, where at least W was a steady one or two every day)...
    Intern
    Intern
    Send PM
    Kudos
    Hey everyone,

I just received my interview invite about an hour ago- don't lose hope yet!

Stats:
    25/f/3.9 top liberal arts/3.5 years mgmt consulting and non-profit/740/heavy ec's

Also got a HBS invite, but a friend got one from Stanford and not HBS a couple weeks ago.

Good luck!
    Current Student
    Own Kudos [?]: 72 [1]
    Given Kudos: 12
    Schools:Booth 2012
    Send PM
    Kudos
    GOT AN INVITE TODAY TOO!!! WOOOHOO!!!

I had totally given up hope!! Ahhhh!!!
    Intern
    Intern
    Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
    Schools:Haas (R2) admitted, Stanford (R2) admitted
     Q49  V45
    Send PM
    Kudos
    Just got an invite too, when I had finally given up all hopes!! They also said they couldnt find anyone in my area and suggested a phone interview, I am not sure which one I will choose yet... Wohoooo :-D
    Intern
    Intern
    Affiliations: Truman Scholar
    Concentration: General
    Schools:Stanford GSB R2, MIT Sloan R2 (w/o int), HBS R2 (w/o int)
     Q47  V44
    GPA: 4.0
    WE 1: 8 years, Senior VP, acquired Silicon Valley startup
    Send PM
    Kudos
    I received an interview invitation this evening as well. Just as the case with the above poster, they requested it be complete within a week.

I've posted my stats before, but as I know many folks have been curious, I'll post again here for easy reference:
    30 / M / 730 GMAT / 4.0 GPA at an Ivy League undergrad / 8 years work experience (split between non-profit and a now-acquired Silicon Valley startup)

Good luck to those of you out there who still have your fingers crossed!!

Posted from my mobile device
    Intern
    Intern
    Schools:GSB (ding w/ int), HBS (ding w/o int), Kellogg (admit!), Wharton (admit!), MIT (waiting)
    GPA: 3.7
    Send PM
    Kudos
    Hey y'all. Also just got the interview invite! Very exciting and wholly unexpected. Good luck to everyone.

27/m/760/finance/top 5 uni
    Current Student
    Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
    Given Kudos: 25
    Schools:HBS R2, Stanford R2, Wharton R2, Columbia RD, Tuck R2, Darden R2, Texas R2
    Send PM
    Kudos
    Just got an interview invitation last night - a rather nice bit of news before bedtime.
    Current Student
    Own Kudos [?]: 72 [1]
    Given Kudos: 12
    Schools:Booth 2012
    Send PM
    Kudos
    Congrats Ron and whosholdingthekeys!

Looks like lots of invites have gone out in the past week! Crazy!
    Current Student
    Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
    Given Kudos: 18
    Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
    Schools:Stanford '12
    GMAT 2: 710
    GPA: 3.9
    WE 1: Wall Street Finance
    WE 2: Entrepreneurship
    Send PM
    Kudos
    shout out to all the r1 interviewees: thanks for all the pm advice on interviewing. you know who you are.

for everyone else waiting and preparing:

did my gsb interview a couple days ago...it was a formal set up and i met my interviewer at his corporate office. i would describe his demeanor during the interview as neutral to nice. we discussed the usual questions that you would expect in an interview (why mba, why stanford, why now). he asked me to walk through my resume and asked some really great/interesting probing follow up questions in between. ultimately, he seemed really interested in how and why i had made major career decisions over my professional life and in what really motivated me as an individual. the more i think about, it really seemed to be fit a interview and another data point for the gsb to make sure you are who you say you are, but ill refrain from speculating on its importance.

ps: i guess its to be expected, but i was really impressed by how well spoken and accomplished my interviewer was. its weird to say, and im not sure if ive drank too much of the gsb koolaid but his presence was the right mix of confidence and humility (IMHO). needless to say, i really hope i get in. again, GL to everyone waiting.
    GMAT Club Bot
       1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  56   
    Moderators:
    GMAT Club Verbal Expert
    6923 posts
    GMAT Club Verbal Expert
    238 posts