Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools:HBS R2, Stanford R2, Wharton R2, Columbia RD, Tuck R2, Darden R2, Texas R2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Kellogg, Wharton, Columbia
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 2: 690
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
One more week of interviews going out next week :)

kombz wrote:
Yeah... no news for me either. It's a long shot anyway but who knows?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools:Stanford '12
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Wall Street Finance
WE 2: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
shout out to all the r1 interviewees: thanks for all the pm advice on interviewing. you know who you are.

for everyone else waiting and preparing:

did my gsb interview a couple days ago...it was a formal set up and i met my interviewer at his corporate office. i would describe his demeanor during the interview as neutral to nice. we discussed the usual questions that you would expect in an interview (why mba, why stanford, why now). he asked me to walk through my resume and asked some really great/interesting probing follow up questions in between. ultimately, he seemed really interested in how and why i had made major career decisions over my professional life and in what really motivated me as an individual. the more i think about, it really seemed to be fit a interview and another data point for the gsb to make sure you are who you say you are, but ill refrain from speculating on its importance.

ps: i guess its to be expected, but i was really impressed by how well spoken and accomplished my interviewer was. its weird to say, and im not sure if ive drank too much of the gsb koolaid but his presence was the right mix of confidence and humility (IMHO). needless to say, i really hope i get in. again, GL to everyone waiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey I just had the "Event" section added to my online account with Stanford. I recall several others reporting this a couple of weeks ago, but didn't see any follow-up with respect to whether they had been invited to interview.

Anyone have any intel on this? I assume at this point I am getting dissed, but would be super thrilled to find out otherwise.

And, for the roll call: White Male / Non-Ivy / 3.7 / 750 / 4 years of PE (middle market) & IB (bulge bracket)... yeah, not that interesting...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Haas
Send PM
I had the event panel in my account from the beginning - to be sure I verified that with a new account. it's always there, maybe you just haven't seen it or it hadn't been displayed due to technical reasons. Anyway, from what I understood, people found the events they had attended in their event panels. Is that what happened to your profile? It never happened to mine (even though I visited campus from continental Europe ;-)).

In theory there might be a slim chance but I think they are almost done - and with my profile I have already given up end of last week.
Manager
Manager
Schools:Stanford, Haas, Stern
Send PM
I'm going to pile on with the end-of-the-road train. I pretty much see a slim-to-none chance for any positive response from the GSB. Although, I am still hoping for a non-interview waitlist.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:UCLA
Send PM
RonMexico wrote:
dcdevil wrote:
Congrats RonMexico! Kinda random but when did you go to flight school?...just curious if we were there at the same time.

dcdevil,

I did my FAM-1 flight back in late January, 2000. If you need more info about my secret identity, please PM me. Good luck with the apps this year!

Good luck to you too! I got to Pensacola in June of 2002.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
2 questions for GSB R1 WListed candidates:
1) has anyone who was WL w/o an interview received an interview invite?
2) did you ever receive some sort of confirmation that your acceptance of a WL spot was processed/acknowledged?

Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:HBS (R2 - Accepted & Matriculating), Kellogg (R1 - Accepted), Columbia (RD - Accepted), Stanford (R2 - Dinged)
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Does anyone know if this is the last week for invites to go out? Seems unlikely that any would go out next week given the decision is rendered on 31st.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Definitely the last week. I'd guess maybe 5-10 more invites will go out Thursday/Friday max so things aren't looking too great :)

kohlia wrote:
Does anyone know if this is the last week for invites to go out? Seems unlikely that any would go out next week given the decision is rendered on 31st.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:HBS (R2 - Accepted & Matriculating), Kellogg (R1 - Accepted), Columbia (RD - Accepted), Stanford (R2 - Dinged)
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
cyrez8 wrote:
Definitely the last week. I'd guess maybe 5-10 more invites will go out Thursday/Friday max so things aren't looking too great :)

kohlia wrote:

Great, thanks! I think I was in desperate need of closure, so that helped big time :)

Congratulations to all who got interviews - good luck on the 31st.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have been following both this forum and BW since begining of Feb and I have seen fewer than 15 invites have gone out (since begining of Feb)...wondering whether most of the invites have gone out....Anyone called Stanford Admission Office lately? Wondering whether it's time to give up hope and move on....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sadly, it is definitely time to give up hope :)

Not everyone that gets an interview comes to the forums to post

MBA14 wrote:
I have been following both this forum and BW since begining of Feb and I have seen fewer than 15 invites have gone out (since begining of Feb)...wondering whether most of the invites have gone out....Anyone called Stanford Admission Office lately? Wondering whether it's time to give up hope and move on....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You are probably right cyrez8....may have to start considering other choices (_ _!)
Manager
Manager
Schools:Stanford, Haas, Stern
Send PM
Nothing from the GSB yet. Looks like I will be in the application pool again next year.... ugh.
Current Student
Send PM
I haven't heard anything either. I wish they'd just ding you immediately instead of making you wait.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
Hey guys! I am looking for a roommate in Palo Alto (or anywhere around there) starting July. PM me if you're interested.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Booth '12
 Q43  V42 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V41
GPA: 3.0
WE 1: 4.5 yrs Managemen Consulting (operations/supply chain)
Send PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if there were any Stanford R3 applicants here? I kinda ended up in S's R3 by accident. I hit submit on my application on Jan 6th about 2 hours late :*( I received an error that said the round I was applying to was no longer available and I should change that part of my application... so yeah, R3 woohoo!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts