Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 22:52 It is currently 05 May 2024, 22:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:UCLA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Any international applicants received interview invitations yet??? Have you guys heard anyone?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:University of Chicago
 Q40  V44
Send PM
I am in the same boat, I am a national living internationally...I am not sure if anyone has gotten anything!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBA14 wrote:
Any international applicants received interview invitations yet??? Have you guys heard anyone?

No, not a word, not a single line, no news from Stanford at all.

I wish all of us can get what we want, but I really cannot be sure this is going to happen any sonn! :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Haas
Send PM
I am curious whether those of you (edgy, biggus etc.) who just got invites also found new entries in your "my events" panel for campus events you have attended before your application. (as described above) Is it maybe a standard procedure to link the campus visit days to the online profile during the review process?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools:Stanford '12
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Wall Street Finance
WE 2: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
MBA14 wrote:

im international and i believe millie said she was european, so some have def gone out...but hang in there guys. its not over yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Has anyone called the admissions office lately to enquire about the invites??

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Schools:SOM Round 2 (interview); Hass Round 2 (interview); GSB
Send PM
Did anybody else see this message posted on the ClearAdmitWiki today? Any idea what "reports" they are referring to?

"Round 2 interview invitations continue to trickle out the admissions office; according to reports, though, the bulk still have not been released."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
turtleturtle wrote:
Did anybody else see this message posted on the ClearAdmitWiki today? Any idea what "reports" they are referring to?

"Round 2 interview invitations continue to trickle out the admissions office; according to reports, though, the bulk still have not been released."

That's what it said a week ago too (3/3/10), when it was probably more accurate than it is now. I think "reports" probably means they are perusing this forum, BW, and hearing back from their own applicants -- for what that's worth.

I'm looking for reasons to hope, too, but I'm not going to put too much stock in that one.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
I was recycling my Stanford essays for another school's application and discovered one missing preposition and a typo. I stopped right there. Didn't want to see any further damages. After going through my essays 1,000,001 times, I was sure that they were error-free... Darn it! Why oh why?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
cookster wrote:
I was recycling my Stanford essays for another school's application and discovered one missing preposition and a typo. I stopped right there. Didn't want to see any further damages. After going through my essays 1,000,001 times, I was sure that they were error-free... Darn it! Why oh why?

I can sympathize but I'm pretty sure a typo or two isn't going to kill your application. That said, I looked back on my Stanford essays recently and though at the time of submission I really thought my "What Matters Most" essay was really powerful, with the benefit of distance and daylight I have to say I could see how I could come off as kind of... scary.

Rrrrawr.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools:Stanford '12
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Wall Street Finance
WE 2: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
agree with aenigma. i went back through my stanford packet and found a preposition error in one description box of my application. dont worry about it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Cleantech
Schools:Tepper Class of 2012
 Q47  V44
WE 1: Nonprofit
Send PM
First, congratulations to everyone who has received interviews lately! I'm vicariously excited by your news. :-)

Does anyone know if Stanford waitlists without an interview? It's kind of a strange concept, yet that's where I stand with Sloan.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, they definitely do. They waitlisted about 110 people in the first round, many of which did not receive an interview. I don't know if any waitlisted people from round 1 have gotten interviews this round, however.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anybody in London/Europe received any invites from Stanford GSB? It would be great if those who are from this region can respond and share their profiles for the benefit of the forum and the eager invite-seekers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
DavidKard wrote:
Has anybody in London/Europe received any invites from Stanford GSB? It would be great if those who are from this region can respond and share their profiles for the benefit of the forum and the eager invite-seekers!

I'm from Europe but no news from GSB. Someone from London reported an invite, but that is quite a while ago. I guess Stanford got more than enough qualified candidates from R1, so do not bother to interview many in R2. Even though there is still hope, but chance is low.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Yes they do

onmymind wrote:
First, congratulations to everyone who has received interviews lately! I'm vicariously excited by your news. :-)

Does anyone know if Stanford waitlists without an interview? It's kind of a strange concept, yet that's where I stand with Sloan.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools:HBS R2, Stanford R2, Wharton R2, Columbia RD, Tuck R2, Darden R2, Texas R2
Send PM
DavidKard wrote:

David,

I live in the UK and receieved an interview invite this week, and am arranging an alumni interview in London. I imagine there are still a few days to send out interviews, so hang in there!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  41   42   43   44   45   46   47  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts