Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: York University (Schulich) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Toronto Rotman 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
FIY, I am a Chinese Applicant and I'm in China right now.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cqpineapple wrote:
Interviewed with Claire on 15 Feb and she told me the result will be out before 24 Feb. However, I didn't get any mail or call yesterday(24 Feb).

Can anyone give some advices? Btw, Did anyone recently get interview or admission?

I think you should send them an email or call them to enquire about the result. I was in a similar situation as I had to take a decision on another school and was waiting for rotman's reply. i called them and requested them to expedite the process. Admission committee at rotman is quite helpful. I was interviewed on wednesday (22 FEB) and got an admit mail yesterday
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@sachintendua
Thank you for the advice and experience. I will ask them asap.

Btw, may I ask which program you will choose? Rotman or the other? And can you share your insight? Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cqpineapple wrote:
@sachintendua
Thank you for the advice and experience. I will ask them asap.

Btw, may I ask which program you will choose? Rotman or the other? And can you share your insight? Thanks in advance.

The other program is Richard Ivey. I think I will join rotman. I am originally from India. Rotman provides student loans to international applicants without co-signer. Also at Rotman, I can do internship unlike at Ivey which is 1 yr program.

All the best !!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
Send PM
Hi,

do i have a chance ?

My profile is

M, 31, India
Under Grads - Bachelors in Business Admin ( strong academics )

Experience - 10 years ( 8 years in leadership role ) , financial services across wealth management , banking and insurance.
GMAT - 620 ( V - 30, Q 45 )

I have yet not started application, please give your inputs.

thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Chance questions are hard for people on this thread to answer because none of us are part of the admission committee. Personally I asked Rotman directly about my chances and I read their reaction for the answer. But if I were to guess, I would say that the chance of you getting in for R3 is not good, since most (all?) of the spots are already filled. Even with a spectacular application, you might not get in. Perhaps delay for a few months and apply for R1 of the following year will give you a better shot at it. Your GMAT is a bit low compared to the school's average but if your other components are strong, I think you would stand a good chance of getting in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,
I have a question to all of you and was hoping for an answer,
I applied to Rotman & Telfer for the fall 2012
I got a full time offer at the telfer school of management and have to respond to them by march 20th, unfortunately after a really good interview with the admissions team in UofT, i received an email telling me that i am on the wait list.
1.Being in the tough scenario that i am in, is there anything i can do to get out of the wait list window and be granted with admission at uoft?
2. Many schools arent okay with contacting the admissions department and following up on the wait list status, do the same rules apply to rotman?
3.By having a full time offer at Telfer, would i be able to use that for my advantage for rotman?

Thanking you all for your responses
Manager
Manager
Send PM
fkhaled wrote:
Hey guys,
I have a question to all of you and was hoping for an answer,
I applied to Rotman & Telfer for the fall 2012
I got a full time offer at the telfer school of management and have to respond to them by march 20th, unfortunately after a really good interview with the admissions team in UofT, i received an email telling me that i am on the wait list.
1.Being in the tough scenario that i am in, is there anything i can do to get out of the wait list window and be granted with admission at uoft?
2. Many schools arent okay with contacting the admissions department and following up on the wait list status, do the same rules apply to rotman?
3.By having a full time offer at Telfer, would i be able to use that for my advantage for rotman?

Thanking you all for your responses

I don't see a problem with you following up on your application status, however I don't think they will open up a spot for you, even if you use your Telfer's admission as a negotiation tool, might actually backfires lol. What I think you can do though is explain it to them that Rotman is your number one choice and that you have until the 20th to get back to Telfer and ask them if it's possible to give you an answer before Telfer's deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Interviewed with Bailey last week, and she is even nicer in person, than in all the email and phone conversations I have had with her. The interview was very painless and enjoyable. She is very approachable and made me feel completely at ease.

Just received an admit today with $$. Now to see if other schools offer any scholarships. Rotman's offer certainly makes them that much more attractive to me.

Of course, I have been warned by many about Rotman's downtown location and its associated high cost of living there.

Decisions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
alinomoto wrote:
Interviewed with Bailey last week, and she is even nicer in person, than in all the email and phone conversations I have had with her. The interview was very painless and enjoyable. She is very approachable and made me feel completely at ease.

Just received an admit today with $$. Now to see if other schools offer any scholarships. Rotman's offer certainly makes them that much more attractive to me.

Of course, I have been warned by many about Rotman's downtown location and its associated high cost of living there.

Decisions.

Congrats! Did you receive your admit via email or in the mail?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
allaboutmimi13 wrote:
alinomoto wrote:

Decisions.

Congrats! Did you receive your admit via email or in the mail?

Thanks. I received my admit via email. They informed me that the package will be mailed next week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
alinomoto wrote:

Decisions.

Hi Alinomoto - Congrats!
Can you please share your profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.33
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
alinomoto wrote:

Decisions.

Got an interview with Bailey tomorrow, hope to update soon about my status
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I am in a quandry. I have an admit both from rotman and ivey. I will prefer to join ivey as it is a 2 year program and i want to make a switch into banking and hence prefer Ivey.

However, I received an email from ivey that they have increased my scholarship. At Ivey the total tution fees is 88 000, I have already paid 5000 admission fee and my total scholarship is 25000. Hence my total cost comes to 58000 CAD.

At Rotman the tution fees is 99000 but I have schol of 10000. SO my total cost is 88000. Also at rotman unlike ivey I can get low interest rate loan.

Is 89/58 = 1.53 . How much advantage I will have if I join Rotman as compared to Ivey

Also is it worthwhile sending an email to rotman asking for more scholarship ? :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
sachintendua wrote:
I am in a quandry. I have an admit both from rotman and ivey. I will prefer to join ivey as it is a 2 year program and i want to make a switch into banking and hence prefer Ivey.

However, I received an email from ivey that they have increased my scholarship. At Ivey the total tution fees is 88 000, I have already paid 5000 admission fee and my total scholarship is 25000. Hence my total cost comes to 58000 CAD.

At Rotman the tution fees is 99000 but I have schol of 10000. SO my total cost is 88000. Also at rotman unlike ivey I can get low interest rate loan.

Is 89/58 = 1.53 . How much advantage I will have if I join Rotman as compared to Ivey

Also is it worthwhile sending an email to rotman asking for more scholarship ? :lol:

Surely you mean you prefer joining Rotman :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sachintendua wrote:

Umm are you sure Ivey is a 2-year program? I am pretty sure that it is 1-year. Also, if you are going to switch careers, I would highly recommend a 2-year program like Rotman or Schulich, which feature a summer internship.

Rest is entirely up to you. Both Ivey and Rotman are strong in banking.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
Either way, I wouldn't sweat about 30,000 CAD. Over an entire career this difference amounts to 100 $/month. Go for the school that you really like and forget about the rest!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts