Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:41 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
Send PM
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
rocket363 wrote:
trivium wrote:
litlong wrote:
Just got an Email from Berkeley.
"Thank you for submitting your application for admission to the Berkeley MBA Program at the Haas School of Business. Your file is now ready for review by the admissions committee.

While we currently have sufficient documentation to review your application, please note that if you are invited to interview, you will be required to immediately submit official academic records issued by your school if you have not yet done so."

does any one receive similar one?

Yes, I got this email, but it came 10 days ago. Were you late submitting any of your application materials?

I got that email as well just a couple days ago. All my materials were submitted on time and I got a confirmation of submission email immediately. I'm guessing they look at applications in piles, so the pile our apps were in just got thrown into the mix, and the automated email was sent when that occurred.

Agree.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
I wouldn't fret about the timing of that email.

I submitted my application a few hours before the deadline and received the application ready for review email 3 days after. It likely has more to do with where you live/what group you fall into/where you attended post-secondary education than anything else.

I also received an email with "application tips" a week ago, with my application supposedly under review, which I found odd and disheartening at the same time...

It was titled "Get our MBA application tips" and started with:

Congratulations! You’ve taken the first step in your journey towards the Berkeley MBA by creating a login. Now what?

Anyone else get this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:

I submitted my application a few hours before the deadline and received the application ready for review email 3 days after. It likely has more to do with where you live/what group you fall into/where you attended post-secondary education than anything else.

I also received an email with "application tips" a week ago, with my application supposedly under review, which I found odd and disheartening at the same time...

Congratulations! You’ve taken the first step in your journey towards the Berkeley MBA by creating a login. Now what?

Anyone else get this?

I got all the same emails and at the same time as you did. A lot of schools divide applicants in piles based on their overall GMAT score with 730+ in a separate pile. I scored a 740 with the same quant score, so it makes sense that we would be in the same pile. Did you get a super Saturday invite by any chance? I did not.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
trivium wrote:
forevertfc wrote:

Anyone else get this?

I got all the same emails and at the same time as you did. A lot of schools divide applicants in piles based on their overall GMAT score with 730+ in a separate pile. I scored a 740 with the same quant score, so it makes sense that we would be in the same pile. Did you get a super Saturday invite by any chance? I did not.

Didn't get a Super Saturday invite, but I'm from Canada and it seems like that is for US folks.

I find it odd that they are sending me emails with tips on how to prepare the application when I've already submitted my app.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
trivium wrote:
forevertfc wrote:

Anyone else get this?

Didn't get a Super Saturday invite, but I'm from Canada and it seems like that is for US folks.

I find it odd that they are sending me emails with tips on how to prepare the application when I've already submitted my app.

Did you create your username shortly before applying? The email is probably sent automatically a certain number of days after the account is created. Just an oversight in their system.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
brleong990 wrote:
I haven't gotten that e-mail either. I submitted a few days before the deadline. I only got the original email saying thank you for applying.

Same - I submitted almost a week before and didn't get that. Maybe they are going backwards from submit date? Either way, it seems pretty random.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
luckyducky7 wrote:
brleong990 wrote:
I haven't gotten that e-mail either. I submitted a few days before the deadline. I only got the original email saying thank you for applying.

Same - I submitted almost a week before and didn't get that. Maybe they are going backwards from submit date? Either way, it seems pretty random.

Check your status in the application portal. Mine is "Under Review", and has been since that email. Here is an excerpt from the email they sent out a day or two after the deadline:

First, we make sure your application is complete and in order. Do we have your transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation? Did you pay the application fee? Does all of the data in the application align with the resume and transcripts? Once this information is confirmed, usually 2 to 4 weeks after the deadline, your application is ready for review.

Your application is assigned to an admissions representative according to the country in which you were educated. This allows us to calibrate grades and experiences across universities.

It wouldn't make sense for them to go region to region within this process. It's likely that they would split the applications up so that the admin rep(s) responsible for your country isn't hammered with all of them at once and sees a steady flow of applications coming in. That would mean those coming from countries with a ton of applications (India, US, China) will likely see a longer delay.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: A Top-Ranked Part-Time MBA Program with Global Learning Opportunities
As the top-ranked part-time MBA program, we at Berkeley-Haas work hard to integrate global perspectives into our curriculum and community.

Our professors and students hail from around the world. Many more have traveled and worked extensively outside the US. Their perspectives inform and enrich the learning experience for everyone.

But let’s be honest, there’s no better way to learn how business works in other countries than by going there yourself. 

That’s why our Evening  & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program includes international opportunities like Seminars in International Business, where students travel to countries such as South Africa, China, and Turkey to explore culture, history, and business environments. 

In the International Business Development Program, students engage in a consulting project for an organization facing a specific business challenge. First-hand student blog posts will give you a glimpse into how IBD changed their lives and helped the organizations they worked with move forward. 

Here's a preview of a few of last summer's projects, which gave students the chance to:

Identify new market opportunities for the Peruvian Tagua nut;

Generate profits for products created by women saved from Mumbai's Red Light District; 

Deliver risk management guidelines for Ghana's Ashesi Unversity;

Study credit quality in China for Silicon Valley Bank.

These global opportunities are one reason people choose the Berkeley MBA Program. We invite you to find 11 more.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Have any round 1 admitted students, who have already put in their deposit and Statement of Intent to Register, had any luck registering for their Cal Net ID? It says my Student ID number is not in the CalNet registry.

Thanks and good luck to everyone still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q41 V46
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
luckyducky7 wrote:
brleong990 wrote:

Check your status in the application portal. Mine is "Under Review", and has been since that email. Here is an excerpt from the email they sent out a day or two after the deadline:

First, we make sure your application is complete and in order. Do we have your transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation? Did you pay the application fee? Does all of the data in the application align with the resume and transcripts? Once this information is confirmed, usually 2 to 4 weeks after the deadline, your application is ready for review.

Your application is assigned to an admissions representative according to the country in which you were educated. This allows us to calibrate grades and experiences across universities.

It wouldn't make sense for them to go region to region within this process. It's likely that they would split the applications up so that the admin rep(s) responsible for your country isn't hammered with all of them at once and sees a steady flow of applications coming in. That would mean those coming from countries with a ton of applications (India, US, China) will likely see a longer delay.

Does anyone else simply have "Received" for their application status? I'm wondering if "Under Review" is step 2... or where my application is in the process. I submitted by the R2 deadline but there was an anomaly when I submitted that was partially resolved the day after the deadline by admissions staff... I am hoping that my application was not "received" by a black hole, never to move forward.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Considering an EMBA? A Personal Consultation Can Help
If you're considering an EMBA, you know it's a big decision. Especially when you are somewhat deep in your career. Perhaps you are concerned about what work/life balance might look like with school added to the mix. Or are feeling a bit queasy about taking the GMAT after being out of school for awhile. A personal consultation with Admissions can give you some fresh perspective. 

A school’s website can provide a lot of information and insight, but sometimes it just helps to talk with someone: To gain clarity on the decision given your unique set of circumstances. And to glean additional insights that can help you determine whether an EMBA program is right for you and whether or not now is the time.

David Firth-Eagland, a student in the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program, was considering a number of Bay Area EMBA programs when he connected with our admissions office last spring. At the time, he thought he would apply the following year, but soon changed his mind.

"I realized I could complete the application process in less time than I thought." 

“I had been thinking about going to business school for four or five years,” says David, “I was emotionally ready to start a program, but told myself I needed 3-4 months to prepare for the GMAT or GRE. Talking with Susan Petty in Admissions helped me see that I could get my application done in less time than I thought--not that it wouldn’t be hard, but that I really could do it.”

David also used his consultation to learn more about the program. “Susan answered all my questions, and it was through her that I confirmed that Berkeley-Haas was the kind of environment I was looking for.”

"Until you actually talk to someone, you don't have a real sense for the school."

He now says he’s happy to be in the midst of his studies a year sooner than he’d originally planned. “I came here to round out my technical strengths with finance and marketing, but I hadn’t anticipated how much immediate value I’d also get out of the network and the leadership learning,” says David.

“Applying can seem scary,” he says. “You’ve got a career path of 13 years, and suddenly you’re going to make this leap? I had looked at all the schools’ websites, visited the forums, studied the rankings, but until you actually talk to someone, you don’t have a real sense for the school." 

"I'd recommend a consultation for anyone who is uncertain if they’re up for the challenge of the program or the application process. It really helps to connect with someone.”

Want some fresh perspective or guidance on your EMBA decision? Let's talk.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Does anyone else simply have "Received" for their application status? I'm wondering if "Under Review" is step 2... or where my application is in the process. I submitted by the R2 deadline but there was an anomaly when I submitted that was partially resolved the day after the deadline by admissions staff... I am hoping that my application was not "received" by a black hole, never to move forward.[/quote]

My application status is also "Received" and I submitted on 6th Jan, before the deadline. I don't think its something that you should worry about!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Does anyone else simply have "Received" for their application status? I'm wondering if "Under Review" is step 2... or where my application is in the process. I submitted by the R2 deadline but there was an anomaly when I submitted that was partially resolved the day after the deadline by admissions staff... I am hoping that my application was not "received" by a black hole, never to move forward.[/quote]

My application status is also "Received" and I submitted on 6th Jan, before the deadline. I don't think its something that you should worry about!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vaishalibajaj wrote:
Does anyone else simply have "Received" for their application status? I'm wondering if "Under Review" is step 2... or where my application is in the process. I submitted by the R2 deadline but there was an anomaly when I submitted that was partially resolved the day after the deadline by admissions staff... I am hoping that my application was not "received" by a black hole, never to move forward.

Update: My application status was changed to "Incomplete" apparently there was an issue with a transcript. :?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Orion17 wrote:
vaishalibajaj wrote:

Update: My application status was changed to "Incomplete" apparently there was an issue with a transcript. :?

Do you have a chance to submit the missing info?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sk1ver wrote:
Orion17 wrote:
vaishalibajaj wrote:

Do you have a chance to submit the missing info?

Hey Sk1ver, yeah... I faxed Haas a copy of an official transcript yesterday and just got the email indicating that my application is now ready for review. I also checked my application status and it now reads "Application Under Review." I sincerely hope Haas will not ding me for this random issue.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.56
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
So....things are heating up for R2ers. Seems like most schools are pushing out invites now. Anybody get an invite yet (besides that Saturday event)? Or have any indication of when they will start rolling out?

I suppose their FAQ says:
"Interview invitations generally start going out 4 weeks after the application deadline, and continue to go out on a rolling basis up until the notification deadline. You will be notified by email if you are invited to interview."

So maybe starting next week, Feb 4-ish?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts