Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink]
Hi Seniors, Experts and Desautels applicants/ students/ alumni,

Looking forward to any thoughts/ opinions on the below.

Gaurav

grvsngh wrote:
Hi All,

I am writing to seek some advice- have been admitted to Desautels MBA program starting fall 2015. I also have an admit from Sauder and am a little confused on which one to accept. It will be great if you can share your thoughts/ experience about the school. Some of my specific questions I am grappling with are:
1. My personal preference is to stay in the east, and my aim is to find a job in Toronto post my MBA. While both Sauder and Desautels are in other cities, I feel that Montreal will be closer to Toronto, more aligned in terms of economy, and easier to travel to in case of job interviews etc. I am discounting Montreal since I do not know even elementary french.
2. Coming to french, I wonder how much of a handicap would it be in terms of my experience in Desautels/ McGill and also in finding internship/ jobs etc if i do not know french. I am of course open to learning but don't expect to become good enough in 20 months.
3. Program length- The brochure says that the course is for 20 months. However, it does not mention what is the length of the internship. Sauder is a 16 month program with 4 months of internship. Jonathan had mentioned that it is 20 months but can be completed in 16 months. For financial reasons as well as personal reasons, I would like to complete the program as soon as possible. Do you if that is possible at Desautels. If i can get to do 4 months of additional internship as a part of the coursework (apart from the 4 months of summer internship), that would be fine for me.
4. Are there any chances for MBA students to find any on-campus work- teaching assistantship, research etc.

Lastly, any advise for an international student like me would be very helpful, including on how much I should plan to budget for living expenses.

Sincerely,

Gaurav
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi,
I am about to pay my registration fee. I wanted to ask for modes of payment. Is it net banking, credit card or foreign exchange? Looking a quick response as my last date is on 23rd April
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
i,
Please evaluate my profile

GMAT: 680
Background: MSc In Finance in french Business School
Work ex: Approx 5 years in Asset Management in France, Belgium and Luxembourg
GPA: 3.5
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hola everyone,
I have also received an admit today. However, I am in some doubt which college to choose. Need some help.
1. I am admitted to Mcgill with a scholarship.
2. I am admitted to Schulich york without a scholarship.
3. I am admitted to Illinois with a scholarship.
4. I am admitted to Melbourne business school without a scholarship.

As for my career goals, I would like to do major in Strategy management with minor in finance. I am from India with 4 years work experience. Please, any advice would be helpful.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gmatrocker1 wrote:
Hola everyone,
I have also received an admit today. However, I am in some doubt which college to choose. Need some help.
1. I am admitted to Mcgill with a scholarship.
2. I am admitted to Schulich york without a scholarship.
3. I am admitted to Illinois with a scholarship.
4. I am admitted to Melbourne business school without a scholarship.

As for my career goals, I would like to do major in Strategy management with minor in finance. I am from India with 4 years work experience. Please, any advice would be helpful.

Hey Buddy,

It all depends what you want to get out of MBA. For the kind of roles, Schulich and McGill both would suffice, dont know about Illinois. The US market is better than canada, but Canada has better immigration laws, so youve got to stack them side by side and decide what you need.

If the discussion boils down to Schulich and McGill- Opportunities in your prefferred sector, University Experience, Alumni reach, Finances, Language (French), Profs, Research funding/options/Placements and Internships/ and City!
Please consider these parameters!

Cheers! and good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Applicants,

I am a current (1st year) student at Desautels McGill. We would be hosting a Periscope session on Saturday (24th Oct) 1100 to 1200 hrs EST. Periscope is a live streaming app available on IOS and Android. We will answer all your questions there.

To test this we will be available in an hour, today, 21st Oct, Wednesday at 2200 hrs (EST) for 30 minutes to answer your questions.

My twitter handle is akshayleo25. You need to have a twitter profile to sign up on Periscope. Please note that this initiative is taken up by the students and the University is in no way involved in this.

Please look for McGill MBA Unofficial Q&A for 2016 Intake

Best regards,
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Desautels Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Desautels Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Desautels Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Desautels Forum to dive into all things related to Desautels's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts