Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:19 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3046 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3046 [1]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Re: Eight-Nine-Ten: The Countdown Begins [#permalink]
Hussain15 wrote:
Just a little update!

I have stopped the continuos flow of CATs & started to review my material. I am planning to spend next 5 days in reviewing MGMAT SC & CR along with Number Properties guide. After a week I will go for the last 4 CATs to see my final performance. I think this is the right time to review the basics & my previous errors. Also spending my time on tag search of verbal questions, here at this forum which is a healthy pool of questions. Hoping to increase the verbal to 40.

Revision of your errors is very important. :)
Just make sure near your exam you do not practice any test other than Gmatprep. Be close to official test as much as you can.

I m sure you will get Q50 V40+ :lol: ....persevere
Good luck!!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
A little late in updating my report, anyhow here it is.

During the last 4 days, I have gone through the MGMAT first 4 Q guides & CR guide. Purpose was to complete the last revision before test. After completion of Words problems guide tomorrow, the CAT stuff will start again day after tomorrow. I have atleast 4 CATs available & 1 GMAT Prep, so the last week before test will be CATs only week. I am planning to revise SC during the last 3 days before test. Apart from a lucky 710 in gmat prep, my highest score to date is 680 (800 score). Lets see how much this revision has helped me to reach 700.

I am also trying to be relaxed, as I have an idea now that how much can I go up or down from my avg score. Away from kids for the last 24 days, a bit hard!! I wish this experience will result in hitting 700!! Verbal is my only hope!!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Ok Guys, I am tired, done & frustrated. Completed all the CATs, done with my last gmat prep today & dont want to study anymore despite a week is still left. My avg score in all CATs is 660 & I know why is it. Verbal is the reason. Any how, I think its time to go back home to my family & kids. I wanna spend the last few days before test with the kids & will watch movies (what about inception?).

This last month was a great experience. I spent my whole time doing CATs or surfing here. It was good to be here (earned a number of kudos :) ) & I managed to move up from 590, my first gmat prep score. At the end of the day, I conclude by saying that for 700, Verbal is a must. I will continue this thread till the test day as I have to revise MGMAT SC book & some other stuff.
Manager
Manager
Status:Not afraid of failures, disappointments, and falls.
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 260
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Welcome back and good luck with everything, now what matters most is that how do you do on test day and for that you have to keep your nerves and to not get frustrated what so ever.

Good luck with hitting 700+ mark on Actual Test :).
cheers
Retired Moderator
Send PM
What a pity! I didn't think of spending the last four days before test in such a situation. Day before yesteday, my office called me back on an urgent project analysis. I couldn't revise my notes as per my plan & at the same time I had to spend a lot of time on my machine, playing with excel sheets. I am in office right now, & thinking what to do tomorrow. As per the defined SOP by majority of test takers, I should not study the day before test. So I think I should act upon this strategy & spend the last day before test with my family. Yesterday I visited the test center. The center looked okk, with not much noise around. As far as the tension is concerned, I am not feeling much, reason being I know my avg gmat score to date & I am not expecting a big score.

Hopefully, I will be off from office in 3 hours & then I will have 30 hours for complete rest. :) See you tomorrow, for the last post of this thread.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
So guys, here is my last post of this thread. I am in office still :( , but have tried to have a final look at my Q notes. This was a great last month & I hope you had some insight on my preparation. I am planning to have some outing during next 3 hours, so good bye to study. :) After reviewing my CATs details, you would not have expected much but who knows what happens in real day.

See you tomorrow with my gmat story. :P
Manager
Manager
Status:Not afraid of failures, disappointments, and falls.
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 260
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Congratssss! and now just focus on the next step. At last you defeated the beast :).
Good luck with application process. Hope you'll be in Europe next year most probably Oxbridge :).
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Thanks Atif, I was busy in writing my debrief. Though I havn't crossed 700 but I think I will not retake.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
hi .. nice to see your last month exp.... can you please let me know if the GMATTER u r talking abt is downloadable from internet . if so, please share the details.

thanks in advance
Retired Moderator
Send PM
srivicool wrote:
hi .. nice to see your last month exp.... can you please let me know if the GMATTER u r talking abt is downloadable from internet . if so, please share the details.

thanks in advance

Have you tried googling??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
i tried googling it... i got this site

https://www.gmatter.biz

but it is not working. can you please let me know from where we can download..

thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thanks hussain.. i got the gmatter installed. now installing the .net framework from the below link

https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Lot of people told me that they studied only for two months and few hours a day. How come it is possible? Do we have to be really mater in maths and English? Lot of people give up after the first attempts. What am I suppose to do now? Lot of people are saying if you are not able to score at the first attempt , chances are less for you to score more at the second time. Is it true? I do not want to give up but at the same time, I do not want to waste money and time by going again and again if I am not confident. I need advise. Please tell me if I have to wait , take time , master it and then appear close to the start of the next semester or study these two books and give it a try. please advise me.
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
sivsrinivas wrote:
Lot of people told me that they studied only for two months and few hours a day. How come it is possible? Do we have to be really mater in maths and English? Lot of people give up after the first attempts. What am I suppose to do now? Lot of people are saying if you are not able to score at the first attempt , chances are less for you to score more at the second time. Is it true? I do not want to give up but at the same time, I do not want to waste money and time by going again and again if I am not confident. I need advise. Please tell me if I have to wait , take time , master it and then appear close to the start of the next semester or study these two books and give it a try. please advise me.

Go to mba.com and download gmatprep. give the test under exam conditions and judge your level. After that try to improve your weak areas and nourish your strengths.

A small improvement in verbal brings more improvement than improvement in quant. Those who score well in 1 month are those who are good in both subjects and they need some gmat relevant practice to score well.

Do not give up - is the most important aspect of Gmat. Retake is always good to improve the score.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
sivsrinivas wrote:

I agree with the comments of gurpreet.

Also, I hope you know that my preparation started last year with on & off study due to my professional & family matters. I personally think that a 3-4 month period is ideal for gmat study. You can check out this plan for more detail
gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Secondly, people here have improved from 570 to 730 in second attempt & there are several successful retake stories. But at this point of time, you dont need to think about your retake. Just comply a study plan & give your best shot.

In case of any help, do let us know. Best of luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Hussain15,

Can you provide a link to GMATTER? I share similar weaknesses with you in regards to verbal. I struggle with timing myself on RC and CR. Any feedback on improving verbal would be welcomed. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
Very helpful strategies and words of motivation. Thanks everyone.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts