Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:08 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Send PM
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]
@zpotm That's the spirit! Don't stress on the little things no point worrying so much. Just enjoy your holidays.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V40
GPA: 3
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Anyone receive int invites?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.1
Send PM
Hi tejachebrole,

Yes I got a Webconference based interview invite.

Btw, post interview are results expected to be released directly on D-Day or can we expect results to trickle in until that day.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
hselika wrote:
Hi tejachebrole,

Btw, post interview are results expected to be released directly on D-Day or can we expect results to trickle in until that day.

In round 1, OPUS was updated the day before D-Day and they made the call out on the date listed. Best of luck to waitlisters and applicants, I'll be turning down Emory for Georgetown so I hope this opens up a spot for one of you guys.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
ZuluMong wrote:
hselika wrote:
Hi tejachebrole,

In round 1, OPUS was updated the day before D-Day and they made the call out on the date listed. Best of luck to waitlisters and applicants, I'll be turning down Emory for Georgetown so I hope this opens up a spot for one of you guys.

Why Georgetown? Emory seems to be a bit stronger school. Higher scholarship or... ?
Did Emory offered you the scholarship?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
hselika wrote:
Hi tejachebrole,

Anymore interview invites for round 2 candidates?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
alexpiers wrote:
ZuluMong wrote:
hselika wrote:
Hi tejachebrole,

Why Georgetown? Emory seems to be a bit stronger school. Higher scholarship or... ?
Did Emory offered you the scholarship?

A mix of personal and professional reasons, for my post-MBA goals of federal consulting and/or staying in community development finance, studying in DC is going to be an advantage. I hope my decision to go elsewhere doesn't influence others about Emory, because I still feel Emory is a great program in terms of career prospects, tuition and cost of living, and community (visited and spoke to current students, I highly recommend this).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
LN03FZL wrote:
hselika wrote:
Hi tejachebrole,

Anymore interview invites for round 2 candidates?

Still waiting...Also one of the current students told me that they finished with the holidays today, so no invitations were sent in a last week or two...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Goizueta (M)
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Hey All - I am a current 2nd Year student at GBS concentrating in Marketing Strategy. I am happy to answer and student life/academic questions you might have about our program.

Let the questions fly!

---
Jon Hall
MBA Candidate 2013
Goizueta Business School - Emory University
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.1
Send PM
JonHallGBS wrote:
Hey All - I am a current 2nd Year student at GBS concentrating in Marketing Strategy. I am happy to answer and student life/academic
questions you might have about our program.

Let the questions fly!

---
Jon Hall
MBA Candidate 2013

Hi jonhall,

I have one question for you. What was your reason for choosing GBS.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Did Emory offered you the scholarship?[/quote]

A mix of personal and professional reasons, for my post-MBA goals of federal consulting and/or staying in community development finance, studying in DC is going to be an advantage. I hope my decision to go elsewhere doesn't influence others about Emory, because I still feel Emory is a great program in terms of career prospects, tuition and cost of living, and community (visited and spoke to current students, I highly recommend this).[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

Best wishes!
Current Student
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Just got an interview invite! I have to schedule it before Jan 18th. I'm in India so will be web conferencing. If anyone who's already interviewd has any tips let me know.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kidchaos wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just got an interview invite! I have to schedule it before Jan 18th. I'm in India so will be web conferencing. If anyone who's already interviewd has any tips let me know.

Hey congrats for the invite. Did you receive it last night or just now, when its dead in the night over there?
Current Student
Send PM
zpotm wrote:
kidchaos wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hey congrats for the invite. Did you receive it last night or just now, when its dead in the night over there?

Last night but I am on the other side of the globe so early morning for me. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Goizueta (M)
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos
hselika wrote:
JonHallGBS wrote:
Hey All - I am a current 2nd Year student at GBS concentrating in Marketing Strategy. I am happy to answer and student life/academic
questions you might have about our program.

Let the questions fly!

---
Jon Hall
MBA Candidate 2013

Hi jonhall,

I have one question for you. What was your reason for choosing GBS.

hselika,

Great question. I have two very specific reasons for choosing GBS - the small community and the GMSC program:

-Small School Community + Big School Recruiting: I have grown up in small educational communities and knew I wanted a more intimate learning environment in which I would be challenged, but also have the support of both my classmates and professors. GBS does not have a cut-throat mentality among students. Professors are constantly available and will even open their professional networks to students if they see a proper fit. However, one of the big knocks on smaller schools (<300 per class) is that they cannot entice a large network of companies to visit campus for recruiting; this certainly is not the case for GBS. One quick look at our top hiring companies - Deloitte, Accenture, Bank of America - indicates that quality of candidates being put out by GBS far outweighs our smaller program. Even outside of our top hiring companies, it is easy to see that the majority of on-campus recruiting is dominated by traditional MBA-hiring companies - 3M, AT&T, Bain, McKinsey, BCG, Georgia-Pacific, RJ Reynolds, Delta Air Lines, to name a few.

-Goizueta Marketing Strategy Consultancy (GMSC): Given my marketing background and interest in Marketing Strategy, the GMSC program is what initially drew me to GBS. This is a very intensive marketing strategy class that places teams of 6 MBA students as real-world marketing consultants working on real-time projects for a client. This is not a class designed to demonstrated GBS's "Experiential Learning" as some similar programs are at other schools - you and your teammates are genuinely consultants on a project for a paying client with a budget that you must consider. Previous clients include Coca-Cola, The Weather Channel, Delta Air Lines, Carnival Cruise Lines, Mohawk Industries, Wellpoint, UCB Pharma, Solvay, among many others. The program was a great preparation for my marketing strategy internship at a major multinational, and I give a great deal of credit to my learnings in GMSC in helping me transition that internship into a full-time offer.

Please let me know what other questions you have. I have truly enjoyed my experience at GBS and am very sad to be leaving the great city of Atlanta in August.

Best,
Jon
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Got an interview invite on Friday. I am supposed to complete the interview before Jan 18. I am based in Pakistan and will be opting for the web based interview.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
For everyone who has interviewed via Microsoft lync, do I need to download the software or can I join the web conference through a link without installing any software on my laptop? If I do need to download it, can someone direct me to the relevant page? I can only find the trial version of the lync server edition.

Thank you.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts