Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi,
I'm a Round-2 waitlisted candidate. Has anyone waitlisted in R1/R2 sent a waitlist-update-letter (new stuff at work, promotions, raise, etc.)?

Did you send it as email-content or a separate document attached to the email and whom did you send it to?

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mutemath83 wrote:
Hi,
I'm a Round-2 waitlisted candidate. Has anyone waitlisted in R1/R2 sent a waitlist-update-letter (new stuff at work, promotions, raise, etc.)?

Did you send it as email-content or a separate document attached to the email and whom did you send it to?

Cheers!

During the waitlist chat someone pointed out that there was no place to upload materials, other than an employment update and a third letter of reference. They said additional materials like letting them know you're re-taking the GMAT/reporting an updated score, letting them know you're enrolled in a stats class, etc. should be emailed. I presume the general EWMBA admin email would route your update to the correct place. That address is: ewmbaadm@haas.berkeley.edu
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Scholarship application deadline is tomorrow. Is anyone applying? for which scholarship and why? pls elaborate if possible.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
pharaohs80 wrote:
Scholarship application deadline is tomorrow. Is anyone applying? for which scholarship and why? pls elaborate if possible.

Apply for whichever ones you think you'll qualify for. You only have to write a couple paragraphs so you might as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
just wanted to add that I'm currently enrolled for the foothill math 10 class to cover my statistics requirement. I've been in the class for I think 2 weeks now, first quiz is today. I think today is the last day to add.

the material so far is fairly easy, but I imagine it's going to get more difficult. The class is 100% online and it was around $190 total for everything necessary for the class. Bear in mind that I happened to have a TI-86 calculator from college, a required component of the class.

The classes revolve around the forum created for the students where you can ask/answer any questions. If you stay on top of the discussions, I actually feel you may learn better with this online class since you'll see the same concept/problem from so many different perspectives as each student learns differently.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all! Another R3 lurker coming out of the woodwork, prepping for the stats waiver prior to the decision date :/
Can anyone advise on calculator use during the exam? I read that they will provide if you don't bring one, but what type(s) of calculator would be permissible, or expected?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT Date: 02-18-2012
Send PM
My interviewer gave me a visiting card with the generic ewmba email listed as contact. Did anyone send a thank you email to the interviewer ?If so , how did you get the email address of the interviewer ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
himym wrote:
My interviewer gave me a visiting card with the generic ewmba email listed as contact. Did anyone send a thank you email to the interviewer ?If so , how did you get the email address of the interviewer ?

I didn't send a thank you note afterwords and they let me in R1. I wouldn't worry about it.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT Date: 02-18-2012
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
himym wrote:

I didn't send a thank you note afterwords and they let me in R1. I wouldn't worry about it.

thanks for the quick response packet :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
himym wrote:
packet82 wrote:
himym wrote:

thanks for the quick response packet :)

It may not matter much, but it's something easy to do. Make the message personal and memorable.

After my interview, I emailed the main admissions address and asked them to forward to my particular interviewer.

ewmbaadm@haas.berkeley.edu
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Send PM
jinj wrote:
I filled out a "prereq clearance form" (https://www.foothill.edu/reg/forms.php) and attached my transcripts (have softcopy handy cuz of haas application haa) and faxed it to the college counseling number listed in the form earlier in the morning. Now my math placement is shown as cleared in my student profile under "test score and placements". And i am able to place myself under the the waitlist.

They just opened 10 more spots on the waitlist on each of the online classes. i presume they will eventually let me in since people will drop and professor will give out add code.

For those who are out of state:
"If you live out of state, you may arrange for a proctor to administer your final exam. Special instructions must be followed to set-up a proctor for your final exam. Please contact your instructor to find out how to set-up a proctor for your final exam, if you are an "out-of-state" student."

I'm in Tatsiana's class, so I'll probably be seeing you on the discussion forums! What's your email jinj?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
I'm in Tatsiana's class, so I'll probably be seeing you on the discussion forums! What's your email jinj?[/quote]

That's great! I'm also enrolled in Tatsiana's class. I like the online lectures so far.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
pinchharmonic wrote:

I'm in Tatsiana's class, so I'll probably be seeing you on the discussion forums! What's your email jinj?

i passed the waiver exam so i dropped the foothill class...

i probably will need some refresher eventually on regression though haha.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jinj wrote:

Congrats jinj!
What type of calculator are we supposed to carry for the exam?
Also, someone had earlier recommended pointers from here -> pawanagarwal dot com/2012/06/haas-school-of-business-statistics-waiver-exam/
What's your take?

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
Kudos
mutemath83 wrote:
jinj wrote:

Congrats jinj!
What type of calculator are we supposed to carry for the exam?
Also, someone had earlier recommended pointers from here -> pawanagarwal dot com/2012/06/haas-school-of-business-statistics-waiver-exam/
What's your take?

Cheers!

i borrowed a calculator from my friend (who used it to take some professional exam), it wasn't graphing calculator, but for the test, all you need is basic function (+-x/ and power).

yea i used that site as study guide... However, I didn't have enough time to read ch. 14 and 15 for the regressions...

The main portion of the exam asked about basic stats (mean, median, mode.. variance, standard deviation), the skewness (1 question i think?), CLT, confidence levels, some z-table lookups, probabilities, combinations/permutations, and for random variables, just remember the ones mentioned in the haas prereq. pdf (hypergeometric was not on my test). And they did ask about covariance, hypothesis, regression, r-square, anova tables (which I didn't have time to study for).

Basically, the haas exam topic pdf is very true about what's being tested.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jinj wrote:

i borrowed a calculator from my friend (who used it to take some professional exam), it wasn't graphing calculator, but for the test, all you need is basic function (+-x/ and power).

yea i used that site as study guide... However, I didn't have enough time to read ch. 14 and 15 for the regressions...

The main portion of the exam asked about basic stats (mean, median, mode.. variance, standard deviation), the skewness (1 question i think?), CLT, confidence levels, some z-table lookups, probabilities, combinations/permutations, and for random variables, just remember the ones mentioned in the haas prereq. pdf (hypergeometric was not on my test). And they did ask about covariance, hypothesis, regression, r-square, anova tables (which I didn't have time to study for).

Basically, the haas exam topic pdf is very true about what's being tested.

Jinj, Thanks for the detailed response. Appreciate it!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Do they provide calculators to those who don't bring any?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  62   63   64   65   66   67   68  ...  75   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts