Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
so...its 2 weeks to d-day...anyone feeling nervous yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Has there been any one who heard the decisions for the Haas round 4... do they give out results only on 31 May or some time before as well...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Fightitout wrote:
Has there been any one who heard the decisions for the Haas round 4... do they give out results only on 31 May or some time before as well...

All decisions are supposed to be released on May 31. They start calling the admitted students a day early though.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Fightitout wrote:

Admit calls should start coming in from May 30, a day before the published result date and might continue to May 31.
This has been the behavior in Round 1 and 2, so I expect it will repeat.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vitenite wrote:

Still waiting for the stats waiver exam result. It wasn't as easy as I expected. whatever it may be, I hope it does not tilt the end decision.
Yes, eagerly waiting for the results so that I can move on with other things depending on this and end this drama
Intern
Intern
Send PM
finally wrote:
vitenite wrote:

Still waiting for the stats waiver exam result. It wasn't as easy as I expected. whatever it may be, I hope it does not tilt the end decision.
Yes, eagerly waiting for the results so that I can move on with other things depending on this and end this drama

great timing! just received the stats waiver result - Pass! phewww... the wait for D-day begins now
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Cleared the Stats waiver. I didn't have a good feeling after the exam. It s probably the generous grading that helped me! Looking forward to May 31.All the best for those who have their waiver exam in June.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Freemont - I have a few questions about the stats exam
1. statistics for business and economics is not available and hence I am planning to refer to a different book...Did you do the same or did you go through the same book ( I guess I am asking if the exam is about the concepts than I should be fine brushing up from another book)
2. Did you use the book as the reference and basically study the topics which have been mentioned in the pdf..
3. How long in your opinion should one prepare if he has a strong math background ( I have not attended a stat course for the past 7 years :))...but I scored like 50 on quant so ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Fightitout wrote:
Hey Freemont - I have a few questions about the stats exam
1. statistics for business and economics is not available and hence I am planning to refer to a different book...Did you do the same or did you go through the same book ( I guess I am asking if the exam is about the concepts than I should be fine brushing up from another book)
2. Did you use the book as the reference and basically study the topics which have been mentioned in the pdf..
3. How long in your opinion should one prepare if he has a strong math background ( I have not attended a stat course for the past 7 years :))...but I scored like 50 on quant so ...

I started with Anderson and Sweeney,then read more about each topic from various sources on the net.
Yes, this book isn't a must. You can learn the concepts from other sources too.
:idea: Make sure you understand 'when' and 'how' of each concept rather than just 'what'. :idea:
I used the below link for chapter wise questions from Anderson & Sweeney.
https://cws.cengage.co.uk/aswsbe/students/mcq.html
Use this link with caution. Actual questions in the exam are simple too but NOT so direct. They are wrapped in a context. ( I hope I didn't break any agreement!! :roll: )
2 weeks are required to cover all topics. Second half of the topics list is new to me. So I spent more time on them.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT Date: 02-18-2012
Send PM
Did anyone register for the Data and Decisions workshop starting in June ? Iam skeptical of registering for the course before the final decisions are made. Will they offer a refund if you arent admitted ? Also , is it a big deal if you mentioned you were going to register for the Haas course in the application and later changed my mind to just take a course from a community college , once iam admitted ? Any help is appreciated.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
himym wrote:
Did anyone register for the Data and Decisions workshop starting in June ? Iam skeptical of registering for the course before the final decisions are made. Will they offer a refund if you arent admitted ? Also , is it a big deal if you mentioned you were going to register for the Haas course in the application and later changed my mind to just take a course from a community college , once iam admitted ? Any help is appreciated.

I doubt they'd refund you, but you'd have to call the office to ask.

No, it's not a big deal if you take it from the community college instead of the Haas course. They just want to know what your plans were, if they change after you submit the application, they're fine. As long as you complete the prereqs, they're happy.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT Date: 02-18-2012
Send PM
Quote:
I doubt they'd refund you, but you'd have to call the office to ask.

No, it's not a big deal if you take it from the community college instead of the Haas course. They just want to know what your plans were, if they change after you submit the application, they're fine. As long as you complete the prereqs, they're happy.

thank you for the insight , packet82.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know the laptop requirements for the program? I cannot seem to find them on the website. Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
finally wrote:
Does anyone know the laptop requirements for the program? I cannot seem to find them on the website. Thanks!

here you go: https://groups.haas.berkeley.edu/hcs/how ... re_mba.pdf
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I need some last-minute help: I've been planning on taking the June Data & Decisions workshop for some time, but should I not gain admission this round I hope to have a back-up plan. As such, I've begun looking at the provided list of pre-approved courses.

Is anyone aware of particular offerings that are offered online? And if taken online, can be completed in around 2 months (prior to July 29th deadline). Worst case scenario I could schedule an individual waiver exam, but would prefer not to cut it so close if possible.

Any and all advice and recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 421 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Anybody admitted, denied or wait listed from R4
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 421 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Haaswaitlist2013 wrote:
Hi all,

I need some last-minute help: I've been planning on taking the June Data & Decisions workshop for some time, but should I not gain admission this round I hope to have a back-up plan. As such, I've begun looking at the provided list of pre-approved courses.

Is anyone aware of particular offerings that are offered online? And if taken online, can be completed in around 2 months (prior to July 29th deadline). Worst case scenario I could schedule an individual waiver exam, but would prefer not to cut it so close if possible.

Any and all advice and recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you!

I am in a similar boat. If anybody knows of a statistical course provided online that can meet the waiver requirement can you post it on this forum.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71  ...  75   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts