Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:12 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I filled out a "prereq clearance form" (https://www.foothill.edu/reg/forms.php) and attached my transcripts (have softcopy handy cuz of haas application haa) and faxed it to the college counseling number listed in the form earlier in the morning. Now my math placement is shown as cleared in my student profile under "test score and placements". And i am able to place myself under the the waitlist.

They just opened 10 more spots on the waitlist on each of the online classes. i presume they will eventually let me in since people will drop and professor will give out add code.

For those who are out of state:
"If you live out of state, you may arrange for a proctor to administer your final exam. Special instructions must be followed to set-up a proctor for your final exam. Please contact your instructor to find out how to set-up a proctor for your final exam, if you are an "out-of-state" student."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi, I had been admitted to the program and will take the HAAS online workshop. I am little bit scared coz I never study any statistics courses before.

So is there any book or online course (youtube or itune) I can study to ensure I will pass the final exam? Also, is there any sample problems I can practice?

thanks a lot!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
gruntling wrote:
Hi, I had been admitted to the program and will take the HAAS online workshop. I am little bit scared coz I never study any statistics courses before.

So is there any book or online course (youtube or itune) I can study to ensure I will pass the final exam? Also, is there any sample problems I can practice?

thanks a lot!

Check iTunes or youtube for the berkeley statistics course. That should cover 90% of what's on the workshop.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for your reply. Which one is better? Stats 2 or stats 21?

it seems 21 is more for business

packet82 wrote:
gruntling wrote:

thanks a lot!

Check iTunes or youtube for the berkeley statistics course. That should cover 90% of what's on the workshop.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
gruntling wrote:

I've been watching stats 21. It covers most of what we'll need to know. He doesn't cover CLT, but otherwise it covers the basics.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
so you will take the workshop as well? or you have pass the waive exam?

I have never studies stats before, so a little bit nervous...

packet82 wrote:
gruntling wrote:

I've been watching stats 21. It covers most of what we'll need to know. He doesn't cover CLT, but otherwise it covers the basics.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
gruntling wrote:
so you will take the workshop as well? or you have pass the waive exam?

I have never studies stats before, so a little bit nervous...

I'm taking the workshop starting next week, but I'm also enrolled in the Berkeley Extension course.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
packet82 wrote:
gruntling wrote:

yea i would think stat 21 as well.
my undergrad was from cal and stat 21 was the prereq for most of quantitative studies/major.

also.. khan academy on youtube is a good resource.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Hey Guys - anyone know when the results from the Stat waiver exam held on 4/6 come out?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [2]
Given Kudos: 44
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Kudos
I didn't go through the entire thread here so please ignore if any of this information is redundant. For anyone taking the waiver exams, last year I passed it by studying 5-6 chapters out of the Anderson-Sweeney book. I can't remember completely, but I think it was chapters 4,5,6,9,10,14 (pretty sure at least a couple chapters are off here...just look at the guideline doc on what topics are covered) and I sacrificed multiple linear regression (I think chapters 15) since you only needed around 70% to pass.

Most people who took the foothill course also recommended it because it's cheap and easy and a lot of it is done online.

Finally, the most stats you will use in your first year is for Intro to Finance and Operations, both done in the first term of the Spring semester. You will be using standard normal z-tables and standard loss tables - nothing nearly as complicated as the stats in required for the pre-req. I can't speak for elective as I have not taken them yet. Feel free to PM me with questions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
calculas wrote:
Hey Guys - anyone know when the results from the Stat waiver exam held on 4/6 come out?

Thanks!

FYI, just got an email 30 mins ago stating i have passed the stat waiver exam. =)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
jinj wrote:
calculas wrote:

Thanks!

FYI, just got an email 30 mins ago stating i have passed the stat waiver exam. =)

Me too. I am pretty sure that I made some mistakes, so it is really great that they also provide suggestions on what topics I should review.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tlbkcal wrote:
I didn't go through the entire thread here so please ignore if any of this information is redundant. For anyone taking the waiver exams, last year I passed it by studying 5-6 chapters out of the Anderson-Sweeney book. I can't remember completely, but I think it was chapters 4,5,6,9,10,14 (pretty sure at least a couple chapters are off here...just look at the guideline doc on what topics are covered) and I sacrificed multiple linear regression (I think chapters 15) since you only needed around 70% to pass.

Most people who took the foothill course also recommended it because it's cheap and easy and a lot of it is done online.

Finally, the most stats you will use in your first year is for Intro to Finance and Operations, both done in the first term of the Spring semester. You will be using standard normal z-tables and standard loss tables - nothing nearly as complicated as the stats in required for the pre-req. I can't speak for elective as I have not taken them yet. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Thanks for the information!
I got an email saying that i passed but should review a few topics (that i probably failed to answer correctly), one of them is linear regression. Do we really need to use linear regression in any of the classes? at least from what you have seen in first yr classes? Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks guys for the info.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
So I just spoke to the EWMBA folks regarding the data and decisions workshop. Apparently they put the *wrong address* up on the registration form & confirmation for the registration. Which explains why my check was returned to me in today's mail.

When I called they apologized....but apparently others got their checks returned earlier or somehow got a benevolent Berkeley mail sorter. I was told the class was already completely full, and there were several admits on the waitlist. She told me that emails went out to everyone who got in the class today, as well as out to folks who didn't, to let them know they're on the waitlist for the class. I told her I never got the email, and she was just confused and told me to get my check in as soon as possible, as they did have 2 folks drop out of the class today.

Feeling super burned that I will likely be very low on the waitlist for this class, due to my check being returned due to their error. My summer is jam-packed, and I really needed to take this in spring. I could definitely use the top-level, Haas-taught refresher rather than a mid-level, online stats course from a community college, even if it is cheaper.

Anyone actually get the email from Haas today about the workshop and willing to pass along what the text said?

Here's hoping enough folks who passed the waiver, or decided to take the cheaper community college class, call to drop out....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Bing85 wrote:
Anyone actually get the email from Haas today about the workshop and willing to pass along what the text said?

Here you go:

Hello,

Thank you for registering for our Spring Data & Decisions Workshop, set to start next Thursday, April 18th (please see below for the required live session dates and times). Your registration is confirmed upon payment receipt. Class enrollment has reached capacity and is now closed . We currently have a waitlist of students interested in taking the class.

Please note we will offer two summer session workshops that will begin on Saturday, June 8th (with Saturday morning live sessions) and Monday, June 10th (with Monday evening live sessions). Please let me know as soon as possible if you would prefer to switch your registration to either summer session or are no longer planning to take the April session.

If you haven’t already done so, please submit, by Wednesday, April 17th, your $1,000 check payable to UC Regents to:

Emily Chen
S440 Student Services Bldg
MC 1908
Berkeley, CA 94707-1908

Here are the course dates & times:

1. Thursday, 4/18
2. Thursday, 4/25
3. Thursday, 5/2
4. Thursday, 5/9
5. Thursday, 5/16
6. Thursday, 5/23
7. Thursday, 5/30
Final – Monday, 6/3

Time of synchronous sessions: 7-9 p.m.

Next week you will receive access to the online e-book and log-in instructions.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. We look forward to seeing you tonight at the welcome reception!

Best,
Julia
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Bing85 wrote:
So I just spoke to the EWMBA folks regarding the data and decisions workshop. Apparently they put the *wrong address* up on the registration form & confirmation for the registration. Which explains why my check was returned to me in today's mail.

When I called they apologized....but apparently others got their checks returned earlier or somehow got a benevolent Berkeley mail sorter. I was told the class was already completely full, and there were several admits on the waitlist. She told me that emails went out to everyone who got in the class today, as well as out to folks who didn't, to let them know they're on the waitlist for the class. I told her I never got the email, and she was just confused and told me to get my check in as soon as possible, as they did have 2 folks drop out of the class today.

Feeling super burned that I will likely be very low on the waitlist for this class, due to my check being returned due to their error. My summer is jam-packed, and I really needed to take this in spring. I could definitely use the top-level, Haas-taught refresher rather than a mid-level, online stats course from a community college, even if it is cheaper.

Here's hoping enough folks who passed the waiver, or decided to take the cheaper community college class, call to drop out....

Hey Bing - I am exactly in the same boat as you! Here is the text of the email I got ...

--
Hello,

Thank you for registering for our Spring Data & Decisions Workshop, set to start next Thursday, April 18tt. We are sorry to inform you that class enrollment is at capacity and we are unable to enroll you in the spring workshop. If you have sent us a check, we will shred it today. Also note the zip code was at one point incorrect on the registration form, so it’s possible your check could be returned to you.

Please note these other opportunities to fulfill the statistics prerequisite:

1. Summer Data & Decision Online Workshop: we will offer two summer session workshops that will begin on Saturday, June 8th (with Saturday morning live sessions) and Monday, June 10th (with Monday evening live sessions). Enrollment will be guaranteed for students who are admitted as of May 31.

2. Other approved courses (including online course options): view a list of approved courses.

3. Waiver exams: you can register for one of our upcoming waiver exams here or view a list of exam topics.

Please go here for more details about our prerequisites for enrollment.

Best regards,
Julia
---
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  61   62   63   64   65   66   67  ...  75   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts