Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:56 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.24
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Got waitlisted. trying to see the bright side but still disappointed...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
kmba2013 wrote:
cgunger can you post your profile and current location?
Current industry/sex/nationality and current location? To help us get a sense.

Sure, male, chilean/german, based in Dublin, asset management, 6 years experience in Chile, Germany and Ireland
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got a call from JS today afternoon!! Was so excited to see the +33 number ! I am an Indian who applied in R3 - sure shows that INSEAD has a very defined admissions strategy and each round is as competitive as any other.

My stats: 26/f with 4 years of international experience in North America and Asia Pacific in investment banking and business development in the energy sector.

Originally posted by Tdotgirl27 on 24 Oct 2012, 07:48.
Last edited by Tdotgirl27 on 24 Oct 2012, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Darn...I just got the "waitlisted" e-mail... disappointed but still not ready to let my hopes go...What is the timeline for decisions to be notified to the waitlisted candidates? Is there anything else that I can do from my side? any pointers?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Could all the waitlisted candidates update the s/s at https://bit.ly/NrKjtD
?
it would be helpful to keep some sort of a count as to the movement of us waitlisted candidates.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Human Resources (Retail)
Send PM
I got a call from JS, Accepted :)
Cannot wait for this roller coaster to begin, do any of you know how we can connect to the facebook group or other ways to get in touch with current admits before the program? I'm planning to go over to the open days in Fonti as well and the business foundations in Singapore, are any others headed there?
My profile is 26/F/Indian/5 years experience in HR across sectors.
So there to all the nay sayers that said a R3 application as an Indian is stupid. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
kmba2013 wrote:
Cannot wait for this roller coaster to begin, do any of you know how we can connect to the facebook group or other ways to get in touch with current admits before the program? I'm planning to go over to the open days in Fonti as well and the business foundations in Singapore, are any others headed there?
So there to all the nay sayers that said a R3 application as an Indian is stupid. :)

Here is the facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/324912604257598/

welcome to the club!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
Send PM
@kMBA2013: Cant agree with you more. I am 26/F/5yrs work ex/Indian living in USA and I got in round 3 too.

Anyone here has recommendations for banks / financial institutions that offers student loans for Indians living in USA? I can provide a collateral in USA but not in India, so I am finding it difficult to secure funding from India. On the contrary the banks in USA do not offer loans for International students studying outside USA. I'd appreciate any help around this.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone,
I got waitlisted on R3. I'm very nervous but will have to cross fingers til the end.
Could someone tell me how many people have been accepted (after R3 in mba connect), and from those, how many are Spanish?
Thanks and good luck to all who are in the same situation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MariFig wrote:
kmba2013 wrote:

Here is the facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/324912604257598/

welcome to the club!!

Thanks MariFig! I'm in the group now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any R3 applicants starting in Fonty interested in shared accommodation please PM me. I'm looking at this in Fonty walking distance from campus and have found a couple that need room mates.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Harvard (R2 - Waiting), Stanford (R2 - See Wharton), Wharton (R2 - Bitchslapped)
Send PM
Add one more to the list of Indians in round 3 that are in. Only this time it's a guy! Heading back Singapore sooner than planned. :-)

I emailed my coordinators (had 2 because I was traveling throughout the process) asking them to set the guillotine down easy today. Turns out SH had been trying to reach me all morning but I had low cell reception here in Indonesia. Something I'll remember for the rest of my life, I got the INSEAD accept call as I was entering an Indonesian jungle, ditching my friends a day early from our surfing trip because I was very upset about INSEAD!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Harvard (R2 - Waiting), Stanford (R2 - See Wharton), Wharton (R2 - Bitchslapped)
Send PM
Sorry about the dearth of information in my last post.

28 (27 at application) male, Indian citizen and resident, half my life in Delhi, half in NY. Engineering studies in NY and former investment banker (top bb, 6 yrs exp) current itinerant backpacker. 710 on GMAT. With the exception of career essays, almost exclusively concentrated on telling the story of personal growth and beliefs and how they make up who I am at the moment in the essays.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone and congrats to all who gotten the offer. Even those who are waitlisted are in better shape than me.

Just wanna know if there are also people out there who are still waiting for notification from INSEAD or, sadly, received the rejection email ... I had some documentation issues (not by my fault). I was reminded by JS that INSEAD will not send out an offer until my file is complete. My issue was finally resolved on Fri afternoon but I didn't hear from JS on Fri. either.

It is hard to shake off the idea that what awaits me... shall be the rejection email. So, i just wanna know if, according to past trends, only rejection notifications are to be sent out after the deadline.

Either way, I am proud to make it this far and will hold my head high regardless of what is to happen. All the best to all accepted/waitlisted/rejected/still waiting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Still waiting for notification from INSEAD. Round 2 waitlisted and have no idea what the time frame is with regards to letting people know they didn't make it. The waiting is killing me, and I'm doing all I can NOT to send an email to Adcom asking for feedback.

Anyone got any advice?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: LBS '14 (S)
Send PM
Hi folks,
Wanted to get this forum's feedback...

I was waitlisted in R2. Haven't heard anything from AdCom.

As they've released R3 decisions, waitlisted R3 candidates, and admitted several R2 waitlisters, what are the chances of waitlisters getting acceptance at this point? Do you guys have any insights from your friends at INSEAD or from past years' forums when the movement happens or if it happens at all for the January cycle (as there isn't much competition from other schools to acquire applicants). I'm assuming the class is pretty much finalized and waitlisters will only get acceptance if someone with a similar profile drops off from the class roaster for whatever reason.

Also, what are your thoughts on waitlisters applying for the September cycle? Someone told me that waitlisters from previous years were evaluated in a different applicant pool that is separate from the general reapplicant pool. Any insights?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: LBS '14 (S)
Send PM
kiiroitori wrote:
Geography-

I feel your pain, I've been waitlisted since Round 1. I turned down offers at two other MBA programs to wait for INSEAD but the chances are not looking good now. I sent some emails to my coordinator about the reapplication process, perhaps annoying her in the process OH NO! I was contemplating pulling myself off the waitlist to apply for the Round 2 September intake but I decided against that strategy and will wait for a final decision for the January 2012 intake. From reading previous forum posts it seems that there are two types of emails that are sent in the case you can't get off the waitlist, one provides reapplication instructions and vaguely encourages you to reapply, the other is more of a rejection letter.

Hang in there!

Thank you for your note, kirrotori! :)

It's strange how they would tell some waitlisters not to apply. Hmmmm...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts