Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
tihor wrote:
jinxed wrote:
Is this the right forum for rd 3 applicants?

The deadline is 28th July and I dont see any posts for it in this thread.

r2 deadline is next week and i dont see much for that too :-)
post away...!

that probably is because everybody is busy plugging on the essays. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Media, Tech, Entrep.
Schools:INSEAD R1 D'11
Send PM
Kudos
tryinghard wrote:
I have quick questions from all the guys who have been admitted. In the weakness question did you put a true character weakness such as impatient, arrogant etc etc or a superficial weakness such as time management or inability to say no etc etc.

I am getting conflicting advice and would like an opinion.

I've heard people say that that you should pick something that an MBA would fix anyways, but I think it's fine to name an actual weakness as long as it's appropriate and doesn't reveal some deep-seated ethical/character flaw that will make you crash and burn at school. Consider it a chance to show self-awareness and a way with words. Pick something that's clear and easy to put into words, even if it's not your top weakness. In fact, that probably makes it easier to write about.

For example -- arrogance sounds awful and may not be the best choice, but there's a political way to phrase it:
Quote:
Sometimes I can be curt with less experienced colleagues and pay their ideas less respect than they deserve. While this helps me in being decisive and getting things done, it's not always the best way to keep others motivated. Everyone needs a chance to be heard, so I have to remind myself to give others more opportunity to speak.

You get the idea. Your essay should probably be more direct than this overall, but I think this section deserves a bit of wordyness.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:LBS (dinged), INSEAD (Jan.2011)
Send PM
Kudos
For those of you who are interested in the admitted students so far here a short overview:

Admitted Students: 183
Fonty Campus male: 70
Fonty Campus female: 36
Singapore Campus male: 54
Singapore Campus female: 23

Indian: 24
American: 18
French: 15
Lebanese: 14
British: 12
Canadian: 11
German: 11
Chinese: 10
Russian: 7
Japanese: 4
Intern
Intern
Send PM
stk wrote:
For those of you who are interested in the admitted students so far here a short overview:

Great thanks for the info
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Thanks Stk, Would it be possible to split the Indian admits into Male/Female?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Schools:LBS (dinged), INSEAD (Jan.2011)
Send PM
Kudos
Sure :-) 17 male and 7 female
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V42
Send PM
stk wrote:

great info stk....would you by any chance know how many Indians there were in the Jan '10 batch or Sept '10, or 11?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
R2 and R3 applicants - check out this blog

https://adam-markus.blogspot.com/

there are some superb tips about the essays for INSEAD

To admits - any suggestions for funding? INSEAD costs a ton! I looked thru their website and it seems that its mostly loans and some scholarships (which will cover maybe $10k if you are good enough to get it)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
I have a few questions, they might be very naive but I would rather not take chances.

1. In the GMAT score section the heading says Verbal % - by % I would think its percentile and not the actual verbal or Quant score. The reason for confusion is in the total the form does not ask %. So in the Total it is the acyual score but in the Quant and Verbal section it is the percentile but not the score.

2. I did not see an option to enter AWA score, I hope I am not missing anything.

3. In the Job description section there are two dates
a.) DATE OF APPOINTMENT TO PRESENT POSITION
b.) DATE OF JOINING PRESENT COMPANY
I am assuming the first one is the date when I got the offer letter and the second one is the date when I physically joined the operations. The reason I am asking is I have gap og almost 9 months in these dates becasue of visa issues.

Please give your thoughts.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
tryinghard wrote:
I have a few questions, they might be very naive but I would rather not take chances.

1. In the GMAT score section the heading says Verbal % - by % I would think its percentile and not the actual verbal or Quant score. The reason for confusion is in the total the form does not ask %. So in the Total it is the acyual score but in the Quant and Verbal section it is the percentile but not the score.

2. I did not see an option to enter AWA score, I hope I am not missing anything.

3. In the Job description section there are two dates
a.) DATE OF APPOINTMENT TO PRESENT POSITION
b.) DATE OF JOINING PRESENT COMPANY
I am assuming the first one is the date when I got the offer letter and the second one is the date when I physically joined the operations. The reason I am asking is I have gap og almost 9 months in these dates becasue of visa issues.

Please give your thoughts.

1 & 2) Sounds about right

3) I took this as "date you started at company" and "date you got current position". In other words -- if you joined as analyst and are now an associate, b.) would be the date you joined company as an analyst and a.) would be the day you were promoted to associate. I don't think the offer letter is what they're looking for, though it may help you to interpret it that way if you're trying to explain a gap in employment.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks Monkey Punch.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
When do I make the application fees payment. Is it at the time when I submit the form or when I get an email from INSEAD that my paperwork is complete?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
tryinghard wrote:
When do I make the application fees payment. Is it at the time when I submit the form or when I get an email from INSEAD that my paperwork is complete?

Payment is required as one of the submission steps, then you get the 'all complete' email.

I waited until the final day (part last-minute-essay edits, part last-minute-recommendations) and the payment system actually broke down, causing a bit of worries. While INSEAD said that website downtime might be ignored if you missed payments at the time, I'd recommend clearing everything up a couple days early just in case.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Planning to submit my application for Round 2 but still working on essays. Can I check if my recommenders have submitted their references before I submit my application? The application page on the website suggests that etherylDOTnet/INSEAD/application/ should give me the status but it asks for an application ID. Where would one find this ID? Thanks much.
Intern
Intern
Schools:INSEAD
 Q49  V42
Send PM
yonex wrote:
Planning to submit my application for Round 2 but still working on essays. Can I check if my recommenders have submitted their references before I submit my application? The application page on the website suggests that etherylDOTnet/INSEAD/application/ should give me the status but it asks for an application ID. Where would one find this ID? Thanks much.

If you use the URLs you sent to your referees yourself, you can see whether they've registered, are editing or have completed their recommendations (you'll have to go to the 2 links separately instead of one site, but at least you can check before submitting your application - I think the application ID only gets generated when you've submitted). Hope that makes sense and helps. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
inseadhopeful wrote:
yonex wrote:

If you use the URLs you sent to your referees yourself, you can see whether they've registered, are editing or have completed their recommendations (you'll have to go to the 2 links separately instead of one site, but at least you can check before submitting your application - I think the application ID only gets generated when you've submitted). Hope that makes sense and helps. :)[/quote

Well I tried using the application id window, since I have submitted my appl, and have an appl id, but it shows appl id not found. The only thing that happened was that after submitting the application I got a receipt on e-mail that appl has been recd, alongwith the recs and payment. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
cjanoam wrote:
The only thing that happened was that after submitting the application I got a receipt on e-mail that appl has been recd, alongwith the recs and payment. :)

Well done -- best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  70