Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Real Estate (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.51
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
VivRandom wrote:
dylanc wrote:
Not heard from SH yet..so I guess its looking pretty bleak now. Do all the applicants get an email on the 17th?

I think they do reply to everyone, at least that's what I've read on other forums.

No further updates from anyone today with SH as the coord. I've reasoned this out to make myself feel better! Doing the math, if every class has close to 500 admits, and 11% are Indians, that means at least 100 should get an interview invite (assuming 50% selection for interviews). So far, less than 10 from India have reported interview invites from India. Question is, historically have less than 10% of the people reported their invites on gc, or is SH not done yet? :shock:

True, but divide the number by 3, since there are 3 rounds of application. Anyways, I agree, still there are many slots before reaching the quota for your profile
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I am an American applicant who is planning to visit INSEAD in June (they have an admissions event on June 12th). Does anyone know if the school thinks highly of candidates who visit? I will be in Europe for two weeks, so will only visit, if it makes a difference - will not spend my whole day if it's a wash.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rocket1741 wrote:
I am an American applicant who is planning to visit INSEAD in June (they have an admissions event on June 12th). Does anyone know if the school thinks highly of candidates who visit? I will be in Europe for two weeks, so will only visit, if it makes a difference - will not spend my whole day if it's a wash.

I can't speak speficially about Insead, but I think the very top schools don't care too much. They have lots of applicants and don't have to worry too much about people picking other schools over them. Some of the second tier schools would be much more pleased with your visit, as they are like insecure girls that need reassurance that you are in "into them."
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
rocket1741 wrote:

Dude, you just want an excuse to go to Europe lol. I dont think INSEAD care if you go to their event. It is who you were, are, and will be that will get you into INSEAD, not just a visit. Unless during the visit, you happen to talk to the admission director, and make such an impression that will get you admit.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
ducceus wrote:
rocket1741 wrote:

Dude, you just want an excuse to go to Europe lol. I dont think INSEAD care if you go to their event. It is who you were, are, and will be that will get you into INSEAD, not just a visit. Unless during the visit, you happen to talk to the admission director, and make such an impression that will get you admit.

haha, well I wasn't really going to Europe to visit schools - I am actually hoping that I will hear back from Duke before my trip, so I can quit my work and stay over in europe for 2 more weeks. But, it will nice to visit INSEAD and pretend that I flew over just to see them, haha. In the process, I also also hope to charm the adcom, so they remember my name when I submit my app. (R2)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rocket1741 wrote:
ducceus wrote:
rocket1741 wrote:

haha, well I wasn't really going to Europe to visit schools - I am actually hoping that I will hear back from Duke before my trip, so I can quit my work and stay over in europe for 2 more weeks. But, it will nice to visit INSEAD and pretend that I flew over just to see them, haha. In the process, I also also hope to charm the adcom, so they remember my name when I submit my app. (R2)

This can work. I did this with ESADE and they rolled out the red carpet for me. I really loved my visit and. I learned a ton too from the experience. So it's useful in that regard. I also visited HEC when I was in Paris for business and they did nothing for me. I pretty much had to demand that they interview me on campus and forced them to let me watch a class. I got into both schools without any issues. But the most important thing about the visits was just being able to compare them now that I've gotten in. When you just look at the ranking, stats, and brochures they all look and sound the same.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Received a pre-selection invite from CT on Tuesday morning. No info on interviewers/ dates yet. 27/M/Indian working in the US/ mgmt consulting/ global experience/ 730

Does everyone go through 2 rounds of interviews?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
fscon wrote:
Received a pre-selection invite from CT on Tuesday morning. No info on interviewers/ dates yet. 27/M/Indian working in the US/ mgmt consulting/ global experience/ 730

Does everyone go through 2 rounds of interviews?

Montaug book says usually 2 but sometimes 1.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi All,
Do the order of invites generally follows order in which they were submitted to INSEAD..?

Thanks,
Neeraj
Manager
Manager
Send PM
neerz wrote:
Hi All,
Do the order of invites generally follows order in which they were submitted to INSEAD..?

Thanks,
Neeraj

I guess no. Here on the forum I found people who submitted applications after me, but received invites before me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Anyone else got their interviewers?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Any luck with the interview details guys ?? And others who received their invites before, have you completed your interviews ? If so could you please let us rest know how the experience was.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
joey88 wrote:
Any luck with the interview details guys ?? And others who received their invites before, have you completed your interviews ? If so could you please let us rest know how the experience was.

there is a parallel topic on INSEAD Sep'13 intake. Folks have just done their interviews and are sharing their experiences. should be helpful

insead-september-2013-calling-all-applicants-138352-720.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
VivRandom wrote:
dylanc wrote:
Not heard from SH yet..so I guess its looking pretty bleak now. Do all the applicants get an email on the 17th?

I think they do reply to everyone, at least that's what I've read on other forums.

No further updates from anyone today with SH as the coord. I've reasoned this out to make myself feel better! Doing the math, if every class has close to 500 admits, and 11% are Indians, that means at least 100 should get an interview invite (assuming 50% selection for interviews). So far, less than 10 from India have reported interview invites from India. Question is, historically have less than 10% of the people reported their invites on gc, or is SH not done yet? :shock:

SH/HS is still mute! Not a word from her yet!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Send PM
Well you guys consider yourself lucky. I'm still waiting for a sign of life from I.R.!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
joey88 wrote:

I'm having my first interview next week. I was lucky enough to get the insead email early. but my interviewers didn't have time until right before the deadline.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bob99 wrote:
joey88 wrote:

I'm having my first interview next week. I was lucky enough to get the insead email early. but my interviewers didn't have time until right before the deadline.

what did the school tell you about the deadline for completing all the interviews?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29  ...  134   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts