Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 03:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 28
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 06:36
KiliM wrote:
neerz wrote:
Hey All,

I am applying in R1 for Jan 2014 and have a question related to admission form. I have a query regarding admission form of the regular 10 month MBA course at INSEAD. My native language is not English but the mode of instruction for my entire university degree for all subjects was English. All my mark sheets and certificate of the 4 year university course are also in English. In such a case, do I need to submit a separate certificate/letter from university certifying the same or mentioning the same in the app form will suffice. Specifically asking this as I see the below sentence in your website " You need to submit a transcript which indicates that the curriculum was entirely taught in English".

Pls clarify/correct.

Thanks,
Neeraj

PS: I know this is 2013 forum but I am still writing it here as you guys would have applied already and would therefore be sure about my query.


I was in the same situation, I just submitted a copy of my transcript. They know what language schools teach in. Once you get accepted, they will ask for the original transcript. Also, in the application there is a question about your native language and the language in which your undergraduate was taught in.

Good luck!


Thanks man. Another question is on the essay "If you are currently not working, what are you doing and what do you plan to do until you
start the MBA programme if applicable? (250 words maximum)". Even if the person has been working continously, the second part of topicis still valid and mandatory to respond. Pls confirm.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Schools: Insead '14 (S)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 08:58
neerz wrote:
KiliM wrote:
neerz wrote:
Hey All,

I am applying in R1 for Jan 2014 and have a question related to admission form. I have a query regarding admission form of the regular 10 month MBA course at INSEAD. My native language is not English but the mode of instruction for my entire university degree for all subjects was English. All my mark sheets and certificate of the 4 year university course are also in English. In such a case, do I need to submit a separate certificate/letter from university certifying the same or mentioning the same in the app form will suffice. Specifically asking this as I see the below sentence in your website " You need to submit a transcript which indicates that the curriculum was entirely taught in English".

Pls clarify/correct.

Thanks,
Neeraj

PS: I know this is 2013 forum but I am still writing it here as you guys would have applied already and would therefore be sure about my query.


I was in the same situation, I just submitted a copy of my transcript. They know what language schools teach in. Once you get accepted, they will ask for the original transcript. Also, in the application there is a question about your native language and the language in which your undergraduate was taught in.

Good luck!


Thanks man. Another question is on the essay "If you are currently not working, what are you doing and what do you plan to do until you
start the MBA programme if applicable? (250 words maximum)". Even if the person has been working continously, the second part of topicis still valid and mandatory to respond. Pls confirm.


I don't believe you have to answer that question if you have been working continuously. I didn't.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 108
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 16:58
One week and counting.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Sep 2012
Posts: 26
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 5

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 08:23
I submitted my application a few days ago and got the confirmation email. Does any one know how long does it take to hear back regarding the admission decision?
_________________

verbalNY

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2011
Posts: 45
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 36

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 08:32
verbalny wrote:
I submitted my application a few days ago and got the confirmation email. Does any one know how long does it take to hear back regarding the admission decision?


Sounds like you're in for round 3. You will get your interview decision on 19th April and your final decision on 31st May:

http://mba.insead.edu/admissions/dates_deadlines.cfm

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 108
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 20:05
Based on the R1 timeline, one can estimate that calls will start going out this Tuesday.
7 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2012
Posts: 20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [7] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 00:13
7
This post received
KUDOS
Dear R2 fellows, fasten your seatbelt it's going to be an emotionally bumpy week!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 108
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 33 [1] , given: 20

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 14:20
1
This post received
KUDOS
Whis wrote:
Dear R2 fellows, fasten your seatbelt it's going to be an emotionally bumpy week!

Definitely!! Can't wait to see the first invites go out tomorrow. Good luck everyone!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2012
Posts: 12
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 04:23
The lull before the storm!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:05
R2 Dinged :( :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 7
Location: Philippines
Concentration: Operations
Schools: Insead '13 (A)
GPA: 3.44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:10
R2 Waitlisted :(

Any tips from those WL in R1? From those who got admitted, when is the down payment due? I assume that the earliest time I can get feedback is after R2 admits have paid their down payment, do correct me if I'm wrong.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 108
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:13
How did you guys find out? Email or call?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2011
Posts: 45
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 36

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:19
R2 dinged :( (notified by email)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 108
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:22
sry to hear guys. good luck with other schools/apps/career.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:24
wait listed by email..does anyone know about the wait list process?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 108
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:29
Btw, where are you guys located?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 7
Location: Philippines
Concentration: Operations
Schools: Insead '13 (A)
GPA: 3.44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:33
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:
How did you guys find out? Email or call?


Email
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Posts: 340
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 112 [1] , given: 215

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 08:12
1
This post received
KUDOS
Getting dinged or waitlisted is nevear pleasing. However, I think the application process works both ways. A school also makes sure that a candidate will be able to get the most out of a programme and that he/she will make a perfect fit. So, if good news don't come your way today, don't worry about it! Focus on the schools that accepted you, and enjoy the ride. The vast majority of people are extremely happy whichever school they go to.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 108
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 10:25
Ducksworth wrote:
Getting dinged or waitlisted is nevear pleasing. However, I think the application process works both ways. A school also makes sure that a candidate will be able to get the most out of a programme and that he/she will make a perfect fit. So, if good news don't come your way today, don't worry about it! Focus on the schools that accepted you, and enjoy the ride. The vast majority of people are extremely happy whichever school they go to.

Well said.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jan 2013
Posts: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 18:52
Got my waitlisted email yesterday... and yes, it doesn't feel great.

Anyone aware of what the rough percentage of waitlisted applicants get accepted to Insead?
Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2013, 18:52
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
88 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants Domrep 946 14 Jul 2013, 06:01
18 Experts publish their posts in the topic HEC Paris September 2013 Intake - Calling All Applicants rohitrai 98 23 Oct 2012, 00:07
78 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants rasta 849 16 Feb 2012, 23:38
INSEAD September 2012. Calling all applicants Patcheko80 4 06 Oct 2011, 21:38
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  52    Next  [ 1025 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.