Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 20:49 It is currently 03 May 2024, 20:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.99
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: International High IQ Society
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.68
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
johnnyGMAT2k10 wrote:
shankzster wrote:
Hi All,

I just called the Admissions office of Johnson and had the following conversation with them (verbatim):

"
Me: Hi, there are rumors floating around that Johnson is already rolling out their decisions for R1 applications. I'd like to confirm if that is the case.

Admission : Our decision notification is Dec 20th.

Me: Does that mean that we will not get the decision before that?

Admission: Yes
"

I think that clears it up. So, we can all breathe a sigh of relief and postpone this excitement/anxiety for a few more days.

If this information helped, kudos are welcome :)

While I don't doubt that you did have this conversation, my friend did indeed get an admit call yesterday, I'm just reporting what I heard, do with it what you want.

I have to agree with johnnyGMAT here.

If it were a Receptionist who answered the phone, they probably just based their answer off of the published calendar.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Avault wrote:
Ahhh I hate this wait. A friend just pranked me from a restricted number - "This is not Cornell" ... it's going to be a long 2 weeks.

That's hilarious. Every day that I don't get a call, I look a little more like my avatar.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yjiang42 wrote:
I had my interview on November 8th, and she told me that I should expect a decision between four to six weeks (Dec 6 to 20th).

I believe that every time you call the admission office, they are ONLY ALLOWED to say Dec 20th.

Hmmm..I was told Dec 6th too.. The plot thickens!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
Avault wrote:
Ahhh I hate this wait. A friend just pranked me from a restricted number - "This is not Cornell" ... it's going to be a long 2 weeks.

It's hilarious, but also sick. I take it this friend is not currently applying to b-school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Haha nope...he is just enjoying the turmoil from the sidelines =-/
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
shankzster wrote:
johnnyGMAT2k10 wrote:
shankzster wrote:
Hi All,

I just called the Admissions office of Johnson and had the following conversation with them (verbatim):

"
Me: Hi, there are rumors floating around that Johnson is already rolling out their decisions for R1 applications. I'd like to confirm if that is the case.

Admission : Our decision notification is Dec 20th.

Me: Does that mean that we will not get the decision before that?

Admission: Yes
"

I think that clears it up. So, we can all breathe a sigh of relief and postpone this excitement/anxiety for a few more days.

If this information helped, kudos are welcome :)

While I don't doubt that you did have this conversation, my friend did indeed get an admit call yesterday, I'm just reporting what I heard, do with it what you want.

Then it is weird why they are sending out mixed signals. It'd be great if you could share the date your friend got an interview invite and the date he/she completed the interview. Also, did he/she get a phone call or an e-mail?

She interviewed during Johnson's Diversity weekend, JMB, which is in October, I believe it was an open interview, and applied through the Consortium for Round 1. She got the phone call yesterday afternoon and texted me shortly after right before she sent me the invite to go celebrate her admit, lol
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
yjiang42 wrote:
I had my interview on November 8th, and she told me that I should expect a decision between four to six weeks (Dec 6 to 20th).

I believe that every time you call the admission office, they are ONLY ALLOWED to say Dec 20th.

I had my interview on November 8th too and I was told to expect a decision a day or two before the Dec 20th deadline!!!
yjiang42: did you have the interview on campus?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
gjaligama wrote:
yjiang42 wrote:

I had my interview on November 8th too and I was told to expect a decision a day or two before the Dec 20th deadline!!!

I had a phone interview with a member of the adcom. She also told me that Cornell is in the process of swithching to rolling admission.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
yjiang42 wrote:
gjaligama wrote:
yjiang42 wrote:

I had a phone interview with a member of the adcom. She also told me that Cornell is in the process of swithching to rolling admission.

That's interesting. I wonder if they think their yield will improve after transitioning to rolling admissions.

On a different note, I have a feeling that most of the calls will go out next week, but good luck to everybody hoping to get a call this week. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
johnnyGMAT2k10 wrote:
She interviewed during Johnson's Diversity weekend, JMB, which is in October, I believe it was an open interview, and applied through the Consortium for Round 1. She got the phone call yesterday afternoon and texted me shortly after right before she sent me the invite to go celebrate her admit, lol

Wow..hearty congratulations to her..If they are informing people by phone, then I will sleep with my phone on "Loud" mode..It'd be funny (in a weird way) to be woken up in the middle of the night (due to the time difference between India and the USA) and told that you've been admitted :)
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
Avault wrote:

Having gone through this process for almost a full calendar year, I would never ever prank call another applicant like that. Kudos to you for not reacting negatively. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
threestripes wrote:
Avault wrote:

Having gone through this process for almost a full calendar year, I would never ever prank call another applicant like that. Kudos to you for not reacting negatively. :)

Don't worry, I will get him back!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
threestripes wrote:
That's interesting. I wonder if they think their yield will improve after transitioning to rolling admissions.

On a different note, I have a feeling that most of the calls will go out next week, but good luck to everybody hoping to get a call this week. :)

I'm not sure about yield, but I definitely think it could marginally increase application volume. Especially in Round 1, which I'm sure the adcomm would love. I'm a personal fan of schools using their application process as a means of differentiation. Columbia and Duke have their EA rounds, Darden just moved up their decision date by a few weeks and is way ahead of Ross. I don't see anybody losing in this scenario.

This quasi-rolling timeline at Johnson is kind of torturous so far, however.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
LionsSBC12 wrote:
threestripes wrote:

I'm not sure about yield, but I definitely think it could marginally increase application volume. Especially in Round 1, which I'm sure the adcomm would love. I'm a personal fan of schools using their application process as a means of differentiation. Columbia and Duke have their EA rounds, Darden just moved up their decision date by a few weeks and is way ahead of Ross. I don't see anybody losing in this scenario.

This quasi-rolling timeline at Johnson is kind of torturous so far, however.

Come to think of it, you're right. More people would try to apply earlier to boost their chances of getting in. On the flip side, those who would normally wait until Round 2, which is between the top schools' R1 submission deadline and R1 decision release deadline, could push their submission date to after they hear back from the top schools. Therefore, those who end up getting into the top schools could skip submitting to Johnson altogether.

Good luck, LionsSBC12! I'm rooting for you. If anything, I'd be shocked if they haven't already decided to accept you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
I got admitted into Johnson as well... Call came yesterday. Applied by the Nov 15th Consortium deadline, but was a known quantity with the program.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
No interview invite yet.... Waiting for the ding email... :|
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
Zilla wrote:
I got admitted into Johnson as well... Call came yesterday. Applied by the Nov 15th Consortium deadline, but was a known quantity with the program.

Congrats, Zilla! If you don't mind, can you please update your profile so that the data board reflects your admit. Thanks! :)

LSEguy wrote:
No interview invite yet.... Waiting for the ding email... :|

Sorry, dude. As much as I would like to ask you to be more optimistic, it is getting very close to the decision release date. In any case, good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  72   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts