Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [1]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Schools: Yale '16 (M)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Dakells wrote:
Hey guys! I just withdrew from the Kellogg waitlist. Best of luck to you all and keeping my fingers crossed some positive news comes out on the 7th!

So you've made a decision! Best of luck and have lots of fun!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.62
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos

Originally posted by rreish on 07 May 2013, 08:04.
Last edited by rreish on 14 May 2013, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Schools: Yale '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
rainfall wrote:
Easier said than done, I know. I checked my status twice today :D

Me too! Well, just to see if the previous trend holds! But looks like no one got a status change so far?

Hookemhorns - rooting for a green under your name too!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
WE:Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
asiamba wrote:
castor wrote:
I'm in! I just got a call from my wait-list manager!
I've waited for two years! :D

Hey Castor! Congratulations! A great sigh of relief I'm sure after 2 long years.

Hope you don't mind me asking, what does your "check application status" page say now? Has it been updated?

Thanks!

Thanks for congrat!
Status was changed to "All the required elements of your application are complete." when I checked 5 hours ago.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
is this even the summer wait list
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bschoolfool wrote:
just got in...absolutely thrilled. got the call around 3 pm EST =)

received the email...and i'm in! (2Y - R1 wl)

missed the call because i'm Sydney and i usually turn off mobile when i am sleeping
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 610 Q40 V34
GPA: 3.02
WE:Business Development (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
tinkered wrote:
Waitlisted again. Tbh I don't have a lot optimism left anymore :(

I'm extremely positive and optimistic...but this process has even made me lose my optimism. Good luck to you!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Kudos
Wasn't able to post earlier, but I got the call and I'm in! So excited, and glad this roller coaster of a process is finally, truly over. Excited to put down my deposit and be done with the whole admissions process.

Congrats to all the others who got calls today and best of luck to those who are still waiting. Pulling for you all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Kudos
Zomba wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
Zomba wrote:
Got an email saying waitlisted again, followed by an email from my WL manager saying that I'm in! They didn't call because of the time difference.

Thinking time now, for me.

wow - must be quite a roller coaster ride. In my very UNBIASED opinion, I think you should pick Kellogg and give your Duke spot to one of the WLers. (just kidding). They both are very similar schools in terms of the awesomeness of the student body, and you cannot go wrong with either one of them. Let us know what you decide.

Well, I know of at least one Fuqua admit who just backed out and is going to Tuck, so that's one spot.

My family all wants me to go to Duke, but I need some time to consider/talk it over that he wife. Kellogg was my #1earlier, but I am impressed with Duke's direction.

Good luck to those still waiting! More spots will appear, though I can imagine the wait is unbearable.

Z,
Kindly come to Duke. I will need a late night partner to miss bus rides with going home from shooters.
Thx
T
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
ghosht wrote:
Z,
Kindly come to Duke. I will need a late night partner to miss bus rides with going home from shooters.
Thx
T

:P

Ahh, Shooters. Just classy enough to suit me... What sort of bus leaves early like that?

I just saw the change of status. I'll look everything over and make a quick decision. I'm honestly a bit overwhelmed to have gone from no choices to 3 (now two).

If this came at the R1 deadline, I'd be at Kellogg in a split second. It's harder now that I've met so many cool Fuqua folks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
I updated our roster, but not sure about which round each person applied in since they weren't originally on there. It's just more names added to the lists who are now admitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.9
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Admitted off the waitlist! I also got an email saying that I was invited to remain on the wait list, but this was quickly followed up with a call from my WL manager with the great news. Best of luck to everyone waiting, stay strong.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Kudos
mkilfoyle wrote:
I was added to the WL today as an R3... What is the general sense on this board as to what percentage of people end up receiving offers off the wait list?

Don't try to fill your head with percentages. As with all schools, there are no stats to lean on as to how many people get off waitlists. It all has to do with how many people applied, how many admitted have accepted the offer, etc. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it will be an exercise in futility if you try to figure it out.

That being said, I've seen some posts that have mentioned people who got accepted over the summer off the waitlist, so all is not lost. Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
aviator9999 wrote:
Zomba, congrats! You were waitlisted initially?

Yeah, I was a R1 applicant. Looooooooong wait prior to being admitted on 5/7

hailmary620 wrote:
I will try to convince all Duke WLers to pool together $1500 and give it to you. Either way, lots of high fives and chest bumps - you will have a blast at Kellogg!

Heh. I appreciate the sentiment, though some remaining Kellogg WLers may feel a bit differently ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Just trying to get ducks in a row for next week. Lots of top schools have deposit deadlines. Side note: if you are deciding between Booth and kellogg, why are you considering signing a lease at Ross at this late stage?[/quote]

Hi, to answer your question, I am enrolled at Ross and just got into Booth off the waitlist. I will need to make a final decision on a school by June 5th, so I asked my waitlist manager if there was any chance I would hear from Kellogg by then. I am not deciding between Booth and Kellogg, I am deciding between Ross and Booth.

Posted from my mobile device [/quote]

Now I'm curious... if you're just deciding between Ross and Booth, why are you staying on Kellogg's waitlist? If you know you're not going to go there, I would recommend gracefully bowing out and giving someone else your (potential) spot.[/quote]

MBA83 is exactly right. Kellogg is my first choice, so I am sorry, but I am not taking your recommendation of gracefully bowing out of the waitlist. I am choosing between Booth and Ross because I have obviously not been admitted to Kellogg...
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Kudos
Blumpkin wrote:
loralu wrote:
Now I'm curious... if you're just deciding between Ross and Booth, why are you staying on Kellogg's waitlist? If you know you're not going to go there, I would recommend gracefully bowing out and giving someone else your (potential) spot.

MBA83 is exactly right. Kellogg is my first choice, so I am sorry, but I am not taking your recommendation of gracefully bowing out of the waitlist. I am choosing between Booth and Ross because I have obviously not been admitted to Kellogg...

Got it-so your talk about housing deposit was meant induce a quicker decision at your first choice. Good luk with that-lol[/quote]

Did you actually read my post?! Kellogg asked me about whether I had already signed a lease. I did not offer that information. Not sure what your agenda is, but I think if you are going to make snide remarks and "laugh out loud" you should probably read posts thoroughly. This isn't a forum for that type of attitude. We are all waitlist and hopeful that we get admitted. If you aren't gonna be supportive, this might be a bad place for you to post.

Posted from my mobile device [/quote]

"snide"? "be supportive"? Are you serious right now? Have you ever worked at an office?
Tongue was firmly in cheek and was resorting to "gallows humor". However, now that you've called into question my reading comprehension skills-not to mention my attitude and demeanor in your role as self-anointed authority of all things internet forum, while simultaneously managing to demonstrate the very animosity you claim to be rallying against- I will note that this entire discussion was based on a rather ambiguous (I did "read" it) post you made, that I politely asked you to clarify (others did as well). Ultimately, the post had absolutely zero to offer for others and was, in fact, an attempt to force an early decision. Posting information of this type of self-centered and "one-off"/"unique" nature is neither helpful, nor in the spirit of "support". Thank you for the lecture, but please when you dismount your high horse, I would suggest replacing some of the glass panels from your house.[/quote]

Its just a little disappointing to see that tomorrow's business leaders fight over things so trivial on forums. Lets just wish Good Luck to everyone and hope that we get the results we wish for.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
[quote="brandon432"]We traded voicemails last Thursday. WL manager was out of office Friday and today. I have a call scheduled for tomorrow. Hoping for the best.

Hi Brandon,
Any word here. Also, are you a local (Chicago-area) candidate?
-Kyle
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts