Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 09:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LSAT for GMAT

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2009
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: LSAT for GMAT [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2010, 18:20
My tutor recommended doing LSAT verbal (critical reasoning and comprehension). His reasoning was that it is harder than the GMAT equivalent sections and once you can do the LSAT, the GMAT is a piece of cake. I ended up with a 750, but Verbal was my strong point from the beginning.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2010
Posts: 91
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 43

Re: LSAT for GMAT [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 11:11
Pkit wrote:

I have compared LSAT powerscore CR Bible to GMAT powerscore CR Bible, every single word is the same, except for some chapters, which are specific to LSAT only.


I am lost...so both GMAT and LSAT CR bibles are almost similar?
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
avatar
Status: Graduated
Affiliations: HEC
Joined: 28 Sep 2009
Posts: 1638
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 86

Kudos [?]: 490 [0], given: 432

Premium Member
Re: LSAT for GMAT [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 11:29
Expert's post
score780 wrote:
I am lost...so both GMAT and LSAT CR bibles are almost similar?


The chapters that overlap are identical. But the LR Bible has additional chapters and covers more topics than the CR Bible.

See this link: lsat-books-for-gmat-verbal-prep-97191.html
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2010
Posts: 91
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 43

Re: LSAT for GMAT [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2010, 11:57
bmillan01 wrote:
score780 wrote:
I am lost...so both GMAT and LSAT CR bibles are almost similar?


The chapters that overlap are identical. But the LR Bible has additional chapters and covers more topics than the CR Bible.

See this link: lsat-books-for-gmat-verbal-prep-97191.html


bmillan, i read your other thread on LSAT books but i am lost. You're saying here that the LSAT CR bible covers more chapters. Are these chapters needed for the GMAT...can they be considered advanced practice or they contain topics that are totally irrelevant to GMAT?
I already have the GMAT CR bible. If i want intense training, should i also get the LSAT CR bible? For LR, should i buy the LSAT or GMAT bible?

thanks a mill!
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 538
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 46

Re: LSAT for GMAT [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2010, 12:13
score780 wrote:
bmillan01 wrote:
score780 wrote:
I am lost...so both GMAT and LSAT CR bibles are almost similar?


The chapters that overlap are identical. But the LR Bible has additional chapters and covers more topics than the CR Bible.

See this link: lsat-books-for-gmat-verbal-prep-97191.html


bmillan, i read your other thread on LSAT books but i am lost. You're saying here that the LSAT CR bible covers more chapters. Are these chapters needed for the GMAT...can they be considered advanced practice or they contain topics that are totally irrelevant to GMAT?
I already have the GMAT CR bible. If i want intense training, should i also get the LSAT CR bible? For LR, should i buy the LSAT or GMAT bible?

thanks a mill!

They are certain topics that are irrelevant to the GMAT. The LSAT has more types of CR questions than the GMAT does. I would say the GMAT bible is fine, the end of the chapter questions are exactly identical.
_________________

It's a dawg eat dawg world.

Re: LSAT for GMAT   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2010, 12:13
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
LSAT-GMAT waltiebikkiebal 1 22 Oct 2013, 04:06
Experts publish their posts in the topic LSAT To GMAT run4run 1 07 Jan 2010, 09:16
LSAT vs GMAT Adil 2 09 Oct 2006, 03:32
GMAT-LSAT RC Material acegmat 1 17 Sep 2005, 23:53
GMAT_LSAT 1 wunderbar03 5 28 Apr 2005, 06:42
Display posts from previous: Sort by

LSAT for GMAT

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 25 posts ] 

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.