Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Sloan vs. CBS

71% [10]
28% [4]
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V48
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBB Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: MIT Sloan vs. Columbia Business School [#permalink]
Great pros and cons list, great considerations about each school.

In my honest opinion, you don't need our help to make the decision. With all the information you have gathered so far, it is only a matter of time before a decision comes to you. And worry not about which one you choose, you'll do just fine in both. :)

Congratulations to both admits and good luck with your future endeavours!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.55
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:
Congrats :-D

When I read you first part of your post, I was 70% sure that you leaning towards CBS. After finishing, I was confident that you 'fit' in CBS more than in Sloan. Although you want to spend your MBA outside New York, staying in NY will outweigh your desire leaving it. Your career path will be challenged with the fact that recruiters in Finance is heading to CBS. As you know the competition in IB is fierce. So Why don't you want to benefit from being in NY and develop your network? CBS will clearly help you through its famous coffee chatting and other resources.

I felt from your words about people in Sloan (either your profile compared to other or awful criticism of your way of talking), that you do not feel comfortable. So, I think you found your fit in CBS. It is clear your destination. :gl

Sounds kind of angry doesn't it? He'll be fine either way, but it certainly is easier to have access in your backyard. Not sure where the coffee chat reputation comes from.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V48
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
DCTech87 wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
Congrats :-D

When I read you first part of your post, I was 70% sure that you leaning towards CBS. After finishing, I was confident that you 'fit' in CBS more than in Sloan. Although you want to spend your MBA outside New York, staying in NY will outweigh your desire leaving it. Your career path will be challenged with the fact that recruiters in Finance is heading to CBS. As you know the competition in IB is fierce. So Why don't you want to benefit from being in NY and develop your network? CBS will clearly help you through its famous coffee chatting and other resources.

I felt from your words about people in Sloan (either your profile compared to other or awful criticism of your way of talking), that you do not feel comfortable. So, I think you found your fit in CBS. It is clear your destination. :gl

Sounds kind of angry doesn't it? He'll be fine either way, but it certainly is easier to have access in your backyard. Not sure where the coffee chat reputation comes from.

Angry? Not angry at anything.

Also, as it seems you are a student/alum, Can you expand on your coffee chat comment and your thoughts on CBS?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Looking at your comments it seems like you have already chosen. If for some reason you are still on the fence, go to both school's admit weekends. Everyone I have spoken to says that the weekends are really helpful.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts