Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:34 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [2]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Need Advice for course and mocks [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi adityadon,

Since your practice CAT did not include the Essay and IR sections, you didn't have to face the FULL GMAT and the fatigue/endurance issues that all Test Takers face on the Official GMAT. As such, your 610 isn't perfectly 'accurate.' That having been said, it's still a solid 'starting' score.

There are a number of different score combinations that will total 730+, so I'm curious why you have a specific 'sub-goal' to score V43-V44? As it stands, you'll have to make some significant improvements to BOTH your Quant and Verbal scores to hit your goal. With a high-enough Quant Score, you could score below V43 and still have an overall score at the 730+ level.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
If you are looking for online questions for verbal, you may find this database useful: www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/gma ... -questions

Paid members have access to the full video explanation from GMAT PILL -- as well as all the core course material, but you are welcome to take a look at this Practice Pill portion of our offering.

To help you get a better feel for our unique video thought process approach, check out the free sample videos at the bottom of our homepage.
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Expert Reply
adityadon wrote:
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi adityadon,

With a Test Date at the end of May, you've given yourself plenty of time to study, which is good. Most Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) on their studies; during that time, it's common to spend 10-15 hours per week (or more) on the process.

The 610 is a solid "baseline score"; did the Test include the Essay and IR sections?

There are a variety of resources that you can use during your studies. Most GMAT companies offer some type of free resources (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) so that you can "test out" a product before you buy it. I suggest that you take advantage of ALL of them, then choose whichever one(s) best match your personality, timeline and budget. There are plenty of sources for practice CATs too (and you can purchase them in 'groups' of CATs).

When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Hey Rich ,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
The mock i gave didn't include IR/AWA section. Also i did 3-4 silly mistakes in quant. Need to work on that as well..
I would need an online source for Verbal specially RC/SC that willl push my verbal score in range of around 43-44.
Could you suggest something ?

I would advise that you test out a number of online courses to see which best fits your needs. Most offer a free trial period. Here's a link to sign up for a 7-day free trial for the Economist GMAT Tutor: https://econgm.at/freetrialoffer. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Best of luck!

Jessica
RC & DI Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 31969 [0]
Given Kudos: 291
Send PM
Expert Reply
hi aditya,
if you talk of indian MBA, i think you are talking of CAT..
the level of CAT is much higher than GMAT in both quant and verbal....
but the verbal is totally different in both cases and it is easy to improve in verbal in GMAT as it tests only certain SC rules, which can be addressed by practice and notes. and CR too requires more of logic than english, however RC may be slightly on tougher side because of the content.. how to go ahead would depend on where u stand today and how comfortable u are with each topic..
GMAT Club Bot