Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:34 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 671 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 671 [0]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3804 [1]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Need help with ESR analysis and improve score beyond 700 to 750+ [#permalink]
Kudos
ESR provides really good insights to our performance in exam. to see what all now it offers and can help you with, have a look on this :
https://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html

If you order the ESR, do upload it on the same URL to get some analysis done by experts. ESR helped me alot. i did not know that i did worst in SC but it was pretty clear after looking at the ESR.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Need help with ESR analysis and improve score beyond 700 to 750+ [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi anox,

First off, a 700/Q49 is an outstanding score (it's right around the 90th percentile overall), so you can apply go any Business Schools that interest you. As such, a retest might not be necessary. Depending on the Schools that you plan to apply to, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile. There's a Forum full of them here:

ask-admission-consultants-124/

If you do plan to retest, then there are some things that you should consider. First, GMAC has publicly stated that the Official Score that you earn on Test Day is within +/- 30 points of actual ability. Assuming a similar 'swing' in how your CATs function, your CAT score results all hover right around a 700 - and those results show that you essentially performed the same way each time (+/- a few points). Raising a 700 to a 750+ will require that you make some significant adjustments to how you handle the Verbal section (and the overall task would be easier if you could squeeze some additional points out of the Quant section too). Beyond that, at higher-and-higher score levels, the GMAT becomes really 'sensitive' to little mistakes - if you make too many, then a 750+ score simply becomes impossible to achieve.

1) Have you purchased the ESR? While the Enhanced Score Report doesn't offer much information, there are usually a couple of data points in the Report that can help to define the exact areas that you need to work on. If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze the data for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC,

I have attached my ESR above in the original post. Let me know if you can help me analyze it. The details of verbal section pretty much aligns with my self-evaluation that I mentioned previously.

1) I am not able to hit the ground running => 4 out of 10 questions wrong in the 1st quarter
2) I ran out of time for the last quarter of the test => ~7 to 8 questions wrong out of 10 total.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks!
A
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi anox,

Is this the exact PDF that you received? I ask because each of the Verbal subcategories is ranked at the 5th percentile - and that is clearly not correct. If this is what you received, then I would suggest that you report back to GMAC and ask to have your report re-generated. Beyond that, I would want to see the FULL ESR (including the section describing your Quant performance); since you're looking to squeeze out all of the possible additional points that you can - some of those points could be found in the Quant.

Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi anox,

Is this the exact PDF that you received? I ask because each of the Verbal subcategories is ranked at the 5th percentile - and that is clearly not correct. If this is what you received, then I would suggest that you report back to GMAC and ask to have your report re-generated. Beyond that, I would want to see the FULL ESR (including the section describing your Quant performance); since you're looking to squeeze out all of the possible additional points that you can - some of those points could be found in the Quant.

Rich

Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC,

Yes this is the exact report I received. I also noticed the 5%-ile in each of the verbal & quant section which looked off to me. I have submitted a support inquiry for the same. I will get back to you as soon as I any updates.

Meanwhile, I have attached my full ESR with this post.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Best,
A

Originally posted by anox on 14 Jan 2017, 16:39.
Last edited by anox on 15 Jan 2017, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi anox,

Given the errors in the percentiles, I have to question whether any of the other data provided in this ESR is incorrect. As such, I'd rather wait to see what GMAC sends back to you - I would assume that it would be a correct ESR - so that I can see THAT data before I offer any suggestions.

Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi anox,

Given the errors in the percentiles, I have to question whether any of the other data provided in this ESR is incorrect. As such, I'd rather wait to see what GMAC sends back to you - I would assume that it would be a correct ESR - so that I can see THAT data before I offer any suggestions.

Rich

Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC,

I finally got the correct ESR for my test. I have attached it to this post.

Thanks,
A
GMAT Club Bot