Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 07:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 20:00
sanjuro9 wrote:
@wouldbecrazy - I don't really mean to engage in a dialogue with you. My class is comprised of students from 50 different countries and about 70% of class can't claim to have English to be their first language. You are right about fit. You should look for a school with more uniform student body.

On a side note, in the real business world, in most circumstances communication doesn't usually go the way you have planned. How you steer the uncomfortable situation to your advantage and get your message across determines your success.

I too have no intention to engage in any conversation with you. But since you responded specifically to me I need to clear your facts very clear.

I have not said the incidence was with OxBridge.

It does not matter 50 different countries or people from Mars. When you are taking a responsible task, be capable of doing a decent job. If you are not comfortable, don't play with another person's life. This is called responsibility, ethics!!

In normal world, when people talk, they atleast CATCH something, even in sign language!! But then again, we are not talking to someone from the street, we are talking about someone who supposed to evaluate another person!! How are you going to evaluate another person when you are unable to catch even 20% of what has been explained?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.73
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 19

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 02:04
magiccapofnix wrote:
Well, on a different topic- I had my interview on 25th..But immediately after the interview started we started to face connection issues. The call dropped for 4 times in 6 minutes :-( !!

Finally on suggestion of the interviewer, I rescheduled my interview on 11-March which is so close to the decision date..

Now I am kind of worried due to this- its so close to the 15-March decision date that there would be hardly any time left after my interview is finished on 11th..

Hi magiccapofnix.

I had a similar experience with my interview which was on the same date..
Even my interview has been postponed to 11th March..

Although I had prepared a lot and had made specific arrangements for the interview, I am kinda relieved with the postponement.

We now have some more time to prepare for the interview and will not have to wait as much as the other applicants.. :)

btw, just to clear the air about the stature of the interviewers at Oxford, mine was taken by
http://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/research/fellows/Pages/GrantPhillips.aspx

I would have loved to have the interview continued.

Anyway,

hoping that i survive the the existing stress levels..

cheers!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 03:55
Even i would hv loved to continue the interview. Now i really dont know whether 11th March is better than yesterday..

Btw same interviewer for me..

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V49
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 08:30
This post received
KUDOS
I interviewed yesterday in LA and attended an information session.

First off the interview was perhaps the most rigorous that I have experienced so far. My interviewer was familiar with my entire file, and showed considerable skill at getting at my motivations, judgement and aptitude. I think that the interview went well (hopefully). For those of you who are yet to interview, make sure that you know your file and be prepared to answer some tough questions.

During the information session, a very compelling case was made for the Oxford MBA. There were quite a few alumni in attendance, and their enthusiasm for the program came through. It was also quite apparent that they had all gone off to accomplish some fairly impressive things in the short time since graduating.

If you are on the fence about Oxford, and you get a chance to go to one of these events I would highly recommend it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 215

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 14:52
bikermba wrote:
I interviewed yesterday in LA and attended an information session.

First off the interview was perhaps the most rigorous that I have experienced so far. My interviewer was familiar with my entire file, and showed considerable skill at getting at my motivations, judgement and aptitude. I think that the interview went well (hopefully). For those of you who are yet to interview, make sure that you know your file and be prepared to answer some tough questions.

During the information session, a very compelling case was made for the Oxford MBA. There were quite a few alumni in attendance, and their enthusiasm for the program came through. It was also quite apparent that they had all gone off to accomplish some fairly impressive things in the short time since graduating.

If you are on the fence about Oxford, and you get a chance to go to one of these events I would highly recommend it.

If accepted, would you go to Haas or Saïd?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 00:32
Interviewed yesterday with Grant on skype - exact 30 minutes interview.standard questions, why MBA, now, oxford, leadership questions, career progression, where do you want to work, pretty standard interview. Had some problems in reception in skype, but was okay for the rest.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.21

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 21:12
I know this isn't the correct forum, but I'm looking for unbiased advice, so I thought this board is as good as any: would you prefer going to a more well-known school and earn an MMS (Master in Management) or a less well known school and earn an MBA? My future goals are in flux, but as it looks currently, I think my future will be more in managing an organization as opposed to consulting/marketing/accounting/finance. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS, INSEAD

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2013, 02:53
Yesterday I had my Cranfield interview. It was one of the best interviews , rather discussion as mentioned by interviewer. I get to know Cranfield better and I would like to share here. Cranfield is mainly meant for senior guys who have around 5-7 years of experience and this is obvious from their class profile. Also average age of their class is around 31. To me , Cranfield is a friendly , experienced , mature and prestigious management institute. Their method of teaching and curriculum is a bit different as well.

Overall interview was quite good. Around 20 min were spent on presentation and related discussion. After that we discussed about WHY MBA , WHY Cranfield. Also there were questions related to work experiences , leadership abilities and personality.

How you guys compare Cranfield and SBS@Oxford. What I have understood is that Cranfield is more of a leadership school.
Intern
Intern

Deleted [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2013, 14:51
deleted

Last edited by shengsheng on 26 Jun 2013, 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 14

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2013, 16:03
Submitted for R3 as well. Since they moved up the R3 deadlines from last year, I'm hoping that there will be a fair number of seats still left.

My Oxford MBA 2013-2014 blog - http://oxonian2013mba.wordpress.com/

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 12

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2013, 16:23
any R2 applicants hear about the final result yet? Do we need to wait until March 15 or can we expect to hear a lil earlier?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V49

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2013, 16:33
strangebrew wrote:
any R2 applicants hear about the final result yet? Do we need to wait until March 15 or can we expect to hear a lil earlier?

I got the impression that they will keep us waiting until the 15th. I know some schools will make phone calls a day or two early, but I think that oxford notifies by email on the day. Can anyone confirm this?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 570 Q45 V23
GMAT 2: 590 Q44 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V37

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 19

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2013, 06:26
bikermba wrote:
strangebrew wrote:

I got the impression that they will keep us waiting until the 15th. I know some schools will make phone calls a day or two early, but I think that oxford notifies by email on the day. Can anyone confirm this?

If you consider past results as some pointers, expect the result on the specified date.

Let Difficulties know that you too are difficult

if you want the rainbow,you gotta put up with the rain

Intern
Intern

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 02:29
I went through my re-scheduled interview today..It was a stressful one..I did not expect so many questions in 35 minutes !! Kind of grilled me in that small time..
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.73
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 19

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 05:18
just got done with my rescheduled interview.
got questions from outside the set of standard questions along with a few standard ones..
lot of stress on what motivated me to take a particular decision and what was the outcome..
faced connectivity issue once and then the rest of the interview was done over the phone..
i hope my answers were received well..

was informed that the final result will be out on friday and that it would take into consideration all the aspects of the application along with the interview..

fingers crossed!

@magiccapofnix - just hope for the best and be prepared for the worst..
Intern
Intern

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 05:50
But what I understand from the director's interview somewhere that interview is the most imp part!! Even i faced connection issues once however we continued on skype..all the best..

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 02:24
paras123 wrote:
bikermba wrote:
strangebrew wrote:

If you consider past results as some pointers, expect the result on the specified date.

Just 2 more days to go!!!!!!! :| :shock:
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 02:34
aviksen wrote:
Just 2 more days to go!!!!!!! :| :shock:

One guy in PG claims he received R2 result and he knows another guy too. Not sure of the authenticity though.

See at the middle of the page http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/gmat-acc ... /p-3607994
Intern
Intern

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 02:57
I have heard of two guys who requested for early decisions...one got dinged and one got accepted. Not sure about the authenticity of this PG guy...seems like a time waster to me.

For the rest of us (99.9% of interviewed applicants), I am pretty sure that we will only hear back on friday. I am planning to load up friday with as many meetings as possible to stop myself from staring at my phone inbox!!! :|
Intern
Intern
Schools: Said (A), Judge (A)

Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 04:00
Hey all, just wondering what people's views are with respect to Said vs Judge and how they decided on one over the other....
Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2013, 04:00