Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V49
Send PM
Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
I interviewed yesterday in LA and attended an information session.

First off the interview was perhaps the most rigorous that I have experienced so far. My interviewer was familiar with my entire file, and showed considerable skill at getting at my motivations, judgement and aptitude. I think that the interview went well (hopefully). For those of you who are yet to interview, make sure that you know your file and be prepared to answer some tough questions.

During the information session, a very compelling case was made for the Oxford MBA. There were quite a few alumni in attendance, and their enthusiasm for the program came through. It was also quite apparent that they had all gone off to accomplish some fairly impressive things in the short time since graduating.

If you are on the fence about Oxford, and you get a chance to go to one of these events I would highly recommend it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
bikermba wrote:
I interviewed yesterday in LA and attended an information session.

First off the interview was perhaps the most rigorous that I have experienced so far. My interviewer was familiar with my entire file, and showed considerable skill at getting at my motivations, judgement and aptitude. I think that the interview went well (hopefully). For those of you who are yet to interview, make sure that you know your file and be prepared to answer some tough questions.

During the information session, a very compelling case was made for the Oxford MBA. There were quite a few alumni in attendance, and their enthusiasm for the program came through. It was also quite apparent that they had all gone off to accomplish some fairly impressive things in the short time since graduating.

If you are on the fence about Oxford, and you get a chance to go to one of these events I would highly recommend it.

If accepted, would you go to Haas or Saïd?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Interviewed yesterday with Grant on skype - exact 30 minutes interview.standard questions, why MBA, now, oxford, leadership questions, career progression, where do you want to work, pretty standard interview. Had some problems in reception in skype, but was okay for the rest.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
I know this isn't the correct forum, but I'm looking for unbiased advice, so I thought this board is as good as any: would you prefer going to a more well-known school and earn an MMS (Master in Management) or a less well known school and earn an MBA? My future goals are in flux, but as it looks currently, I think my future will be more in managing an organization as opposed to consulting/marketing/accounting/finance. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS, INSEAD
Send PM
Yesterday I had my Cranfield interview. It was one of the best interviews , rather discussion as mentioned by interviewer. I get to know Cranfield better and I would like to share here. Cranfield is mainly meant for senior guys who have around 5-7 years of experience and this is obvious from their class profile. Also average age of their class is around 31. To me , Cranfield is a friendly , experienced , mature and prestigious management institute. Their method of teaching and curriculum is a bit different as well.

Overall interview was quite good. Around 20 min were spent on presentation and related discussion. After that we discussed about WHY MBA , WHY Cranfield. Also there were questions related to work experiences , leadership abilities and personality.

How you guys compare Cranfield and SBS@Oxford. What I have understood is that Cranfield is more of a leadership school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
deleted

Originally posted by shengsheng on 09 Mar 2013, 15:51.
Last edited by shengsheng on 26 Jun 2013, 06:55, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Submitted for R3 as well. Since they moved up the R3 deadlines from last year, I'm hoping that there will be a fair number of seats still left.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
any R2 applicants hear about the final result yet? Do we need to wait until March 15 or can we expect to hear a lil earlier?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V49
Send PM
strangebrew wrote:
any R2 applicants hear about the final result yet? Do we need to wait until March 15 or can we expect to hear a lil earlier?

I got the impression that they will keep us waiting until the 15th. I know some schools will make phone calls a day or two early, but I think that oxford notifies by email on the day. Can anyone confirm this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 165 [0]
GMAT 1: 570 Q45 V23
GMAT 2: 590 Q44 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V37
Send PM
bikermba wrote:
strangebrew wrote:

I got the impression that they will keep us waiting until the 15th. I know some schools will make phone calls a day or two early, but I think that oxford notifies by email on the day. Can anyone confirm this?

If you consider past results as some pointers, expect the result on the specified date.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I went through my re-scheduled interview today..It was a stressful one..I did not expect so many questions in 35 minutes !! Kind of grilled me in that small time..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
just got done with my rescheduled interview.
got questions from outside the set of standard questions along with a few standard ones..
lot of stress on what motivated me to take a particular decision and what was the outcome..
faced connectivity issue once and then the rest of the interview was done over the phone..
i hope my answers were received well..

was informed that the final result will be out on friday and that it would take into consideration all the aspects of the application along with the interview..

fingers crossed!

@magiccapofnix - just hope for the best and be prepared for the worst..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
But what I understand from the director's interview somewhere that interview is the most imp part!! Even i faced connection issues once however we continued on skype..all the best..

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
paras123 wrote:
bikermba wrote:
strangebrew wrote:

If you consider past results as some pointers, expect the result on the specified date.

Just 2 more days to go!!!!!!! :| :shock:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
aviksen wrote:
Just 2 more days to go!!!!!!! :| :shock:

One guy in PG claims he received R2 result and he knows another guy too. Not sure of the authenticity though.

See at the middle of the page https://www.pagalguy.com/forums/gmat-acc ... /p-3607994
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have heard of two guys who requested for early decisions...one got dinged and one got accepted. Not sure about the authenticity of this PG guy...seems like a time waster to me.

For the rest of us (99.9% of interviewed applicants), I am pretty sure that we will only hear back on friday. I am planning to load up friday with as many meetings as possible to stop myself from staring at my phone inbox!!! :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey all, just wondering what people's views are with respect to Said vs Judge and how they decided on one over the other....
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts