Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 2.9
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
Re: Oxford (Said) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
@buda - i would have told you to relax, but that would have made the situation worse. i am glad that you were happy with your responses.
@coolwolf - don't freak out. human beings have a tendency to under (and over) access their own performance. As long as you conveyed everything you had hoped to convey, it went well.

adcom deals with all kinds of people from all over the world. they are quite experienced and adept at listening to stories and finding their key takeaways.

Have fun over the weekend. We will bite nails together starting next week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
@coolwolf Dont worry, if you have conveyed your message, the job is mostly done. The adcom will surely understand the nervousness, the tension and a bad skype connection as they would have seen plenty of such cases before. Lets all hope we will all be classmates this year :) Cheers
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes I agree. It is important that, for each question, you make a good point. Go in, make your point, come out Having structure helps a lot too. But you should totally trust that the interviewers will be sensitive to all the technical issues and not blame them on you. My guy was very focused on picking out the points I was making. So, yes, they are very well trained.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1218 [0]
Schools:cambridge, oxford
Send PM
budablasta wrote:
Interview done!

Wow! I had such a good time! Yay!

So, I got this sector consultant. Very sweet, friendly old man. The first five minutes, Skype was an absolutely disaster. Absolute fu##%$ing disaster. But I got him to dial into an alternative number and we got rolling!

He wanted to know about my goals, why MBA, why Said, what I can contribute, challenging experience, strengths, etc etc. Then he also asked me what would you do if you had half a day to go anywhere in the world. Then he asked how will I pick you in a crowd. He also asked if i have questions for him and if there is anything i would like him to know.

I loved the answers I gave him! Like Shamanth said, when the adrenalin kicks in, no answer is too tough!

hey I think we got the same interviewer as the questions were very similar. Insurance sector consultant? nice one...all the best!! S x
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I had my interview today at Oxford. It was a pretty good experience. It was with the director of MBA. He was very pleasant and made me feel at complete ease. All my questions were based on my current job and what I plan to do in future and how the MBA would help in achieving that. I guess I handled it OK. Fingers crossed for 8th June now :roll: . So, guys who are interviewing next monday, be sure on what your story is, how the MBA makes a sound business sense for you, and what you plan to do after the MBA. Apart from these questions, he was keen to know more about my work experience and asked some very specific questions on my domain. So all the best to guys interviewing on monday if any.

Met up with mosquad and several other people who had come for the interview. I guess there might have been 20-30 people today too at Oxford.

-Cheers, Anil
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:
@buda - i would have told you to relax, but that would have made the situation worse. i am glad that you were happy with your responses.
@coolwolf - don't freak out. human beings have a tendency to under (and over) access their own performance. As long as you conveyed everything you had hoped to convey, it went well.

adcom deals with all kinds of people from all over the world. they are quite experienced and adept at listening to stories and finding their key takeaways.

Hi Sanjuro9 and Buda,

Thanks alot, it's very encouraging. Anyways, I can do nothing now just until 8th-June then :).

Now, let's go on the journey with other application then. Still 2 more to catch up.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
coolwolf15 wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:

Hi Sanjuro9 and Buda,

Thanks alot, it's very encouraging. Anyways, I can do nothing now just until 8th-June then :).

Now, let's go on the journey with other application then. Still 2 more to catch up.

Where else have you applied? What about others? Maybe I made a mistake not applying to INSEAD...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
budablasta wrote:
coolwolf15 wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:

Hi Sanjuro9 and Buda,

Where else have you applied? What about others? Maybe I made a mistake not applying to INSEAD...

Going to apply for INSEAD, HEC Paris. (anyways, I think it still be in time to apply for INSEAD 2nd round for Jan intake). However, INSEAD drag the review period very long. Thus, you should wait for your Oxford result first, as If you pass, there no way they will wait for you 2-3 months for the result of INSEAD).
Why you not apply for Cambridge this round Buda. Is it too late, isn't it?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
coolwolf15 wrote:
Going to apply for INSEAD, HEC Paris. (anyways, I think it still be in time to apply for INSEAD 2nd round for Jan intake). However, INSEAD drag the review period very long. Thus, you should wait for your Oxford result first, as If you pass, there no way they will wait for you 2-3 months for the result of INSEAD).
Why you not apply for Cambridge this round Buda. Is it too late, isn't it?

Hey Cambridge dinged me without an interview! Haha! I had written some really nice essays though! And you're right, the Oxford results will be out in the next 2 weeks and no way will they let me wait for INSEAD.

Hey, everybody, did anyone apply for the Great Britain Jubilee Scholarships? I did, and the results will come out on the 15th, a week after Oxford results.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

Had my interview on Friday (May 25th). It was with a Retail professor.
Overall, I think it went well. He basically asked me:
1. What led me to my choice of doing accounting?
2. As I closed this answer, he asked me about the issues currently faced by the profession.
3. What led to my interest in social entrepreneurship?

These were basically the main questions; half an hour passes by pretty fast!

@AnilIndia, it was nice meeting you. Good luck and let's stay in touch.

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mosquad wrote:
Hey guys,

Had my interview on Friday (May 25th). It was with a Retail professor.
Overall, I think it went well. He basically asked me:
1. What led me to my choice of doing accounting?
2. As I closed this answer, he asked me about the issues currently faced by the profession.
3. What led to my interest in social entrepreneurship?

These were basically the main questions; half an hour passes by pretty fast!

@AnilIndia, it was nice meeting you. Good luck and let's stay in touch.

Cheers

Prof JR? How long was your interview?

Did you find out anything new from your interaction with the Prof, students, staff or general observation of the campus that you hadn't discovered during your earlier research?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@sanjuro9 yep JR, a very kind man.
It lasted for half an hour as expected.
I didn't really find out anything new or special other than the stuff I learnt on the bus tour around Oxford! They were giving free tickets to those who wanted to visit the city on the red bus! It was nice!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
10 days to go!

Somehow, the wait isn't as painful as it was for the call for interview!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey, where is everyone! How are you spending your time waiting for Friday?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
This week is going to be really painful.. Just keeping my fingers crossed
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I hear you guys. Well, its only matter of 48 hours now.

The weight of the wait has somewhat been alleviated by good news from IE. I have been offered a place in the class of Nov 2012. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1218 [0]
Schools:cambridge, oxford
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:
I hear you guys. Well, its only matter of 48 hours now.

The weight of the wait has somewhat been alleviated by good news from IE. I have been offered a place in the class of Nov 2012. :)

congrats to you! well done. It must feel great to receive an offer at the end of an arduous process. Well as for me the wait is somewhat nerve wrecking!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts