Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 11:18 It is currently 06 May 2024, 11:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: USC Marshall 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Probably, I did it anyway. Got an invite. Another school with a similar format suggested putting that stuff in the resume, so im sure they are used to that, so its probably not much extra reading for them.

I called, and my impression was that section was for other programs to use. so dont abuse it.

scielle wrote:
I have a question about the "Additional Documents" section of the app.
Do you think it's a faut-pas to upload some info about extracurricular activities? The app doesn't seem to have any space to talk about these, and I feel they're a KEY part of my profile, so my app would be incomplete without this info.

The "Additional Documents" section says "You may use this area to upload additional documents and information to support your application", which to me seems like an invitation to provide supplementary info. They don't seem to limit it to transcripts/ degree certificates. Am I reading this correctly?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi Marshall applicants! FYI if you're applying through the Consortium Graduate Study in Management (CGSM), hop over to the Consortium 2012 Forum and Update Your Profile to reflect that you are applying through the Consortium.

It's simple. Just select your school as "Consortium, the", then indicate which specific institution(s) you'll be applying to and the Consortium round you'll be applying in. You can do all of this easily through the handy 'Add to Your Schools' link on the front page of the Consortium 2012 Forum.

We have a special analytics specifically for those candidates applying via Consortium and lots of useful tips for your application and assessment of your candidacy.

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.33
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Interview set for lucky Friday the 13th. Any current students or fellow applicants wanna hit the 9-0 afterward?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Anybody know the historical acceptance rate of interviewed applicants?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
ebonn101 wrote:
Anybody know the historical acceptance rate of interviewed applicants?

This is from Businessweek for the class of 2013:
Applications (admitted and denied) to the newest class: 1,826
Applicants who were accepted to the most recent class: 27 %
Applicants (admitted and denied) who were interviewed: 60 %

Interviewed: 1,096
Accepted: 493
Rate: about 45%

Some additional info: https://www.marshall.usc.edu/mba/admissions/profile

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Fight On!
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello,
Was looking to see if any current students can guide how IBEAR is different from regular MBA? Is it different campus altogether? Anybody you know of there who I can contact? My concentration is Consulting and General Mgmt.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Send PM
Hey,

IBEAR allows you to engage in an international tour, which allows you to work on international projects.

You should contact the Admissions for specific details, and someone will personally guide you through its advantages.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I think the differences are a little more nuanced than that. All MBA students at USC Marshall, whether you're in the IBEAR, Full-time, or Part-time program are required to go on an international tour/consulting project for a foreign company. The IBEAR program is much more structured & fast-paced as its only a one year program.

To be honest I don't know much about the IBEAR program (although we all hang out together we don't really talk about the specifics of our programs). We do complain about homework and talk about what we used to do/want to do in the future...

Would love to hang with prospectives coming in for interviews, but I'm leaving town tomorrow and won't be back until school starts! Check out the Admissions Ambassadors and see if there're any students sticking around town.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Thanks CyberC1. Could you let me know what electives should I take for pursuing Consulting in Retail (likes of Kurt Salmon)? Anybody I can connect to with background in CPG/Retail (consumer packaged goods) and wants to purue consulting career in future.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hmm... I'm not too familiar with electives in that domain. I think your best bet is to go over and take a look at the admission ambassador profiles and find someone that has a similar background to what you indicated below. The ambassadors have their previous industry and intended industry listed as well as their email, so if you find someone that you are interested in chatting with feel free to hit them up. You should be able to locate the admissions ambassadors here: https://www.marshall.usc.edu/mba/admissions/visit

ruchi2012 wrote:
Thanks CyberC1. Could you let me know what electives should I take for pursuing Consulting in Retail (likes of Kurt Salmon)? Anybody I can connect to with background in CPG/Retail (consumer packaged goods) and wants to purue consulting career in future.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ruchi2012 wrote:

Okay, let me take a stab at that. As far as retail electives go, there is one called Retail Strategy that I wanted to take next semester but it did not fit in my schedule. I am pretty sure you can find additional related classes in the Course Book. In general, if you want to do consulting (Retail/CPG or not) you have to focus on your case interview skills. You can take strategy classes but the key really is to practice on your own. Then hopefully you will land a gig with a consulting firm that covers the retail sector.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Trying to push through the essays. Anyone know what kind of stories work best for USC?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone,

How have the interviews been going? Does anyone have any anecdotes that would help me to prepare? Were there any questions out of left field or does the interview consist mostly of behavioral questions and questions about goals for b-school? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
nycgirl222 wrote:
Hi everyone,

How have the interviews been going? Does anyone have any anecdotes that would help me to prepare? Were there any questions out of left field or does the interview consist mostly of behavioral questions and questions about goals for b-school? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Your interview experience could vary depending on the interviewer. My interview at Marshall was fairly straightforward. Make sure you are prepared for the standard questions - Why MBA, Why now, Why Marshall, career goals... It is very important to come across genuine and sincere. It could never hurt to demonstrate passion for the school - after all you are trying to become a member of the most tight-knit network in the world. ;)

Happy New Year!
Current Student
Send PM
nycgirl222 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I'm interested to hear the same. Especially since I heard somewhere that now USC is not doing blind interviews anymore, but, rather, more informed interviews where the Adcom has read thru your entire file, a la HBS, etc.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
ebonn101 wrote:
nycgirl222 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I'm interested to hear the same. Especially since I heard somewhere that now USC is not doing blind interviews anymore, but, rather, more informed interviews where the Adcom has read thru your entire file, a la HBS, etc.

I had my interview with Marshall today so I figured I'd chime in. My interview was very conversational and was actually with two Adcoms, which was a bit of a surprise. All the expected questions: What do you do now? Why Marshall? What is your leadership style? What do your bosses love about you?...the flow was very good and non-ackward. They told me upfront that one interviewer had read my application and one had not. But, there were not any application specific questions that I can remember, so it still felt like a blind interview. All in all, I left the interview feeling very positive and liking Marshall even more than I already did. I hope the feeling was mutual. lol. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  35   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts