Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 17:34 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.28
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 519 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM
Re: 660 3 MONTHS BACK. Targeting 750 in APRIL [#permalink]
Kudos
best of luck man. i have a lot of respect for people in the services. my hat is off to you and i will be watching...

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Here's my study plan. Using a similar set of books (MGMAT set, OG12, Quant/Verbal Review) for my May 17th test:

1.) Take diagnostic test to see where you are at. Mine was GMAT Prep 1. You may want to skip this step since you've already taken the real thing.
2.) Start working through MGMAT Guides. I did all the problems at the end of the chapters, but skip the OG Sets for now to save time.
3.) One you have gone through all the guides, take another diagnostic test to see where you are now at. Hopefully there is improvement from initial diagnostic test. I haven't reached this step yet, but will take either an MGMAT Test or GMAT Prep 2.
4.) At this point, start working through the OG sets listed in the MGMAT Guides. If you go through all the problems listed in the guides, I believe you will have done all of the OG problems. Make sure to keep an error log to help see where your weak spots are.
5.) Work on brushing up weak spots. At the same time, start doing the MGMAT CATs that come with the purchase of the guides. This will help you get your timing down for test day.
6.) Look for other resources online, either free or paid. There are plenty of sites that offer free CATs, so these could supplement your studying. Also, there are some great resources listed on the forums here, such as the 700-800 level math problems created by Bunuel. If you're gunning for 750+, you will need to be getting problems like these right on your exam.

Best of luck in your studies. I have one more month to you to fit all of this in (with my May test date), so you might not be able to do all of this. If not, take what you like, and go with that.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
90 points improvement in 55 days is a bit ambitious IMO. You would need more time than that. Ofcourse you can prove me wrong :) (I would be happy for that).
Retired Moderator
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
90 points improvement in 55 days is a bit ambitious IMO. You would need more time than that. Ofcourse you can prove me wrong :) (I would be happy for that).

AbhiJ, i agree with you, but then it also depends upon the time available on weekdays and weekends, the distractions in life and the ZEAL he has for 750...( generally the veterans are good at the third thing)
if someone is able to devote 4-5 hrs on weekdays and 12-14 hrs on weekends. the total will come to approx 400 hrs. now, his base is 660, so IMO achievable provided he has time and dedication for this long haul.
gladiator999, seems challenge is thrown at you... :wink:
keep us posted about the progress..all d very best..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:

Dear AbhiJ,
The way necessity is the mother of invention, the same way being ambitious also leads to achievement of something unthinkable. And i think 2 months is more than sufficient to hit a 750. What is really required is the consistency and perseverance which I am going to maintain for the course of the next 2 months less today Coz was busy throughout the day and now not in the mood to study at all.
rajeevrks27 wrote:
hi gladiator999,
generally people score less in actual gmat than what they score in the practice exam...so kudos to you for scoring better than ur prac exams...must be because ur a veteran,who is blessed (trained) with great temperament...(generally most of you guys are...i really envy you people for this quality.. :wink: ).
your score is well balanced but reflects scope for improvement in both quant and verbal...instead of mgmat CR , u may consider powerscore CR ( most of the 700 +) debriefs speak so)
IMO mgmat advanced quant and gmatclub quant tests will be a great help in ur quest for 750 + ...
you may also consider mgmat CAT ( 6 tests) besides repeats of gmatprep for testday stamina ( i know you guys have plenty in physical activity)
all the very best and do let me know if i can help you in any regard ...i think the entire gmatclub community would be more than willing to help out the veteran in achieving his target... :)

rajeevrks : U are really an inspirational pill man . Thanks a ton for keeping the faith and will definitely ask if anything is required . And lastly I accept the challenge of Abhij . The countdown begins . Wait and watch :snipersmile:
Retired Moderator
Send PM
gladiator999 wrote:
rajeevrks : U are really an inspirational pill man . Thanks a ton for keeping the faith and will definitely ask if anything is required . And lastly I accept the challenge of Abhij . The countdown begins . Wait and watch

buddy, the entire nation has faith on you guys, not to talk about minnows ( like me)..all the very best for ur journey...i will also be appearing for gmat almost the same time that ur appearing, so let's enjoy the journey 2gtr... :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
gladiator999 wrote:
Dear AbhiJ,
The way necessity is the mother of invention, the same way being ambitious also leads to achievement of something unthinkable. And i think 2 months is more than sufficient to hit a 750. rajeevrks : U are really an inspirational pill man . Thanks a ton for keeping the faith and will definitely ask if anything is required . And lastly I accept the challenge of Abhij . The countdown begins . Wait and watch :snipersmile:

I said ambitious not unthinakable. On the same note - "All progress was made by the unreasonable man".. Like your spirit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 105
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Kudos
Great to have another person who is closely following the saem schedule as me. I'm using the same material as you and have gone through two of the prep books. I think the best approach is to go through the material and figure out your weakest area. This isn't always easy to do, but hopefully the error log I'm keeping will help pinpoint those areas. As always, perseverance and dedication are very important.

I look forward to following up on your progress and hopefully we can share some ideas on how to improve our studying and eventually our score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Yekrut wrote:
Great to have another person who is closely following the saem schedule as me. I'm using the same material as you and have gone through two of the prep books. I think the best approach is to go through the material and figure out your weakest area. This isn't always easy to do, but hopefully the error log I'm keeping will help pinpoint those areas. As always, perseverance and dedication are very important.

I look forward to following up on your progress and hopefully we can share some ideas on how to improve our studying and eventually our score.

Even i am looking for study partners here and thanks for coming forward . We are a team of 3 now
( More People Can Join US - The Bigger the better )and lets crack Gmat barrier of 750. I believe its not difficult but require consistent efforts with right resources. Identifying the weakness and working upon it is the biggest area where we need to work upon. Though i am yet to come in the form but once started the machine will only stops at the benchmark . :x
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Own Kudos [?]: 753 [3]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q42 V27
GPA: 3.01
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
gladiator999 wrote:
Yekrut wrote:

Even i am looking for study partners here and thanks for coming forward . We are a team of 3 now
( More People Can Join US - The Bigger the better )and lets crack Gmat barrier of 750. I believe its not difficult but require consistent efforts with right resources. Identifying the weakness and working upon it is the biggest area where we need to work upon. Though i am yet to come in the form but once started the machine will only stops at the benchmark . :x

Guys I have the same story. Only difference is I scored 570 the last time I gave my GMAT. But I know I can easily score 700 if I work methodically.. Let me know how we can all collaborate & follow a schedule to help each other to achieve our dreams. Lets DO IT!!!!!!!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
@ gladiator999,
kindly count me in ur study group.
I will be giving GMAT almost the same time when ur giving and also my current level is little below 700 ( quant stagnated at 48 and verbal hovering around 35), which is also close to urs.
so let''s take the challenge of scoring above 750 regardless of anything and everything.
I would suggest that we post our weekly plan on this same thread and brainstorm the same for each other's help. we give out the various test dates and discuss the scores. we can always share the material. i am open to ideas. What ur take on this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sounds pretty good Rajeev. I actually already have a personal thread going that I update every Monday with my progress. I think I'll keep posting in there for now, but I am subscribed to this thread as well and do not mind offering advice/training material here as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
HI all,
Sorry for being off from this thread for so long . Suffering from a back Injury and fighting hard to recover as soon as possible :!: . For the past few days i haven't studied at all and the pace in the next few days will be very slow coz of the same reason. Thanks to rajeev and yekrut for coming forward and sharing there study plan.
Please share your strategies which will benefit the others as here we are not fighting with each other but have to blow off only one target i.e GMAT. I have not succeeded once but the mind and heart is in sync to break the barrier of 750 this time. Hope I will pick up in the next few days and start my studies soon. Best of luck to all :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Hope you recover quickly gladiator.

As it was mentioned another thread, there is a service called Grokit that allows you to train online. What is pretty cool is that they also allow you to train in groups. Could be something of interest for the people in this thread:

https://grockit.com/gmat/info
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Good luck with the preparation. Would like to read 750+ score debrief of yours in April.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sidhu09 wrote:
Good luck with the preparation. Would like to read 750+ score debrief of yours in April.
Yekrut wrote:
Hope you recover quickly gladiator.

As it was mentioned another thread, there is a service called Grokit that allows you to train online. What is pretty cool is that they also allow you to train in groups. Could be something of interest for the people in this thread:

https://grockit.com/gmat/info

Thanks a lot yekrut and sidhu . Most of the times wishes work as a magical sword :war ,clearing all the obstacles for which you are not prepared . Thanks once again :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Count me in for the preparation.

I am planning to take GMAT in June.

First attempt : 570
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2