Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 259 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: IT Consulting
GMAT 2: 520
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 259 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT Date: 04-02-2012
GPA: 3.79
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Evaluvate my 1 month study plan to reach the magical 700 [#permalink]
I would recommend you going through the Manhattan GMAT books and having an agressive study plan with GMAT Club Quant/Verbal Tests. Your Verbal seems like the biggest weakness so I would focus on that in addition to Quant.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
arunpanda22 - While you say 1000 SC is outdated, some people say it actually contains questions from OG 10 and 11. I noticed this myself and it also had some questions from 2nd Verbal edition.
Experts, correct me if I am wrong. BTW, Do you use any other practise materials for verbal?

Best of luck to crack the exam.

Shko1, Thanks for your suggestions. Should I be going through any other material other than MGMAT Quants guide before jumping into GMAT club tests?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
How has it been? It's been a week - where are you at?

I think it is ambitious to get to 700+ from 550 in just a month but that's me. There have been some impressive improvement stories as of last month.

Good Luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yeah it is over ambitious I must agree. :D Good thing is I have enough time so in case if I don't do well, I will extend some more time for my preparation.

Not made much progress so far. I took a GMAT PREP V1 again (with 2 repeats in Quants and 1 repeat in Verbal) and scored 610 Q47 and V27. I have no idea how to improve my verbal. CR seems to be ok but SC and RC are the weak areas. Not much I can do about RC so I need to get SC thorough first. I am planning to go through the MGMAT SC once again and I wanted know if it would be useful to go through the GMAT Club Ultimate Grammar book as well? I have this book with me and I though it was basic. Is that right?

Thanks for your reply. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I wouldn't say that you haven't made an progress--a 10 point jump in quant in a week is very impressive, regardless of 2 repeat questions. Although, someone with more experience may want to correct me on that. I'm not entirely sure how much of a difference 2 questions makes, but I would be surprised that it could have accounted for the majority of that jump.

How did you go about achieving that jump?

Although the MGMAT SC guide is good for brushing up on concepts, I would spend time on the OG SC section. SC tends to be somewhat formulaic once you get the hang of it--you'll start to notice patterns.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jhwang116 as of Quants I would say the boost was because of gmat club tests. I have taken 3 tests and I scored very less on these tests. But I learned a lot of concepts and I believe this was one of the major reasons for the improvement in my score. Also I studied all the concepts from the GMAT Club Quants book and revised MGMAT quants.

MGMAT SC seems to be good but somehow I am not applying the concepts right. egmat seems to be a good option for non native speakers and I am planning to give it a shot. Any thoughts?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Take a gmatprep right away to gauge ur standing because u have already gonr through the required study material after ur last gmatprep.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
ENAFEX wrote:
arunpanda22 - While you say 1000 SC is outdated, some people say it actually contains questions from OG 10 and 11. I noticed this myself and it also had some questions from 2nd Verbal edition.
Experts, correct me if I am wrong. BTW, Do you use any other practise materials for verbal?

Best of luck to crack the exam.

Shko1, Thanks for your suggestions. Should I be going through any other material other than MGMAT Quants guide before jumping into GMAT club tests?

hi,
first of all sorry for the delay, since i plain forgot i had posted here.
secondly, 1000sc was a great resource at one point of time but the questions are hardly representative of the present revised gmat. i am not contesting the common questions between vr2 , og11 and 1000sc. what i was referrring to was that you cant get the best bang for the buck there(limited time factor, you see). you are much better going to mgmat forums and doing gprep questions which are official question not found anywhere else.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Jones '15 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
ENAFEX, for reading comp you need to read more. Since you have so much time on your hands pick up a book and read. Also, read the NY Times and The Economist. Count this towards your reading comp practice. I was terrible at reading comp then I started reading books at night before bed (Bonfire of the Vanities, Hunger Games, etc...) and have seen my RC hit rate increase. I make sure to get in 2-3 passages a day (eventhough I work fulltime) from the OG. Also, don't spend every waking moment studying, you're going to burn yourself out. You need time to comprehend and let it sink in. Good Luck
GMAT Club Bot