Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 12:31 It is currently 04 May 2024, 12:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: Ivey Rotman
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [1]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Re: Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink]
I doubt that you will find one in that region. I would suggest you to take some online course or self study. There are so many people who have improved in verbal without tutor.
How about identifying your weak areas in verbal and thereafter giving specific treatment to them?
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51474 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
gmatprepab wrote:
Hi,

I have had a few online verbal classes but nothing has really helped me yet. Is there anyone, who can help me with verbal section one-on-one. My current score is V31 and I want to take it to V40. I stay in Gurgaon and my contact is below.

Regards,
Abhishek
gmatprep.ab@gmail.com

how-to-go-to-v40-from-v30-142361.html

Besides, I would suggest that you avoid in person tutors from India. If you are studying for the GMAT study through an international course if you really need it.
For a clear and fast verbal improvement egmat is my suggestion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
souvik101990 wrote:
For a clear and fast verbal improvement egmat is my suggestion.
[/quote]

I have tried & tested egmat extensively and found it even miserable than a bunch of free videos at youtube. Sorry, if I used a wrong comparison here too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rajeevrks27 wrote:
I doubt that you will find one in that region. I would suggest you to take some online course or self study. There are so many people who have improved in verbal without tutor.
How about identifying your weak areas in verbal and thereafter giving specific treatment to them?

My timing is an issue. I take a lot of time on harder SC and CR's (fully underlined confusing sentences and inferences/boldface for that matter). When I try to speed up in any type of 700 level questions or seemingly difficult questions, I make mistakes. My weakest area is SC but I have no clue how to improve it, even after doing a ton of practice questions.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 4469 [1]
Given Kudos: 221
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Kudos
As suggested by Souvik, I shall also suggest to go for e-GMAT. If you think otherwise, then consider MGMAT SC guide the bible and study it religiously atleast 3-4 times. With either of the ways, you will find huge improvement.
Also, an alternate self prep method is to try finding as many errors as possible in a particular sentence and while doing so, don't time yourself. Later on you can start timing yourself.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51474 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Quote:
Also, an alternate self prep method is to try finding as many errors as possible in a particular sentence and while doing so, don't time yourself. Later on you can start timing yourself.

This is the ONLY way to achieve >90% accuracy is sentence correction IMO.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 189 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Send PM
Kudos
souvik101990 wrote:
Quote:

This.

You can spend hours and hours learning all of the rules, but you will never score well on the GMAT by doing so. The thing is, once you move past 600-level SC problems, grammar rules no longer help you. You must be able to intuitively pick the answer. At the 700 level, questions usually focus on meaning.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
commdiver wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Quote:

This.

You can spend hours and hours learning all of the rules, but you will never score well on the GMAT by doing so. The thing is, once you move past 600-level SC problems, grammar rules no longer help you. You must be able to intuitively pick the answer. At the 700 level, questions usually focus on meaning.

Thanks Commdiver, Souvik101990 and Marcab. I'm revising the basics and will try to get on with the timing thing later.
I've drained so much money on the resources as well as on the exam that I can't think of spending on any other online course/verbal tutor from US.
I was looking for some local verbal genius who I can speak with on phone and who charges me in few thousands.

Forgot to mention that I've started to search Ron's post on MGMAT and will keep an eye on whatever solution he offers and has offered in the recent past. I have understood that many people have gained enormously from his posts alone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All

@gmatprepab: Hope your GMAT went well.

I have been an avid reader (not a contributor : p) on this forum for a long time and thought would help fellow GMAT takers looking for GMAT coaching in Delhi region. I prepared for my GMAT while working full time and thus needed a tutor who could REALLY give personal attention to my queries and performance. I tried GyanOne for their GMAT classes and really felt comfortable in a small class of 10 students. They are truly amazing. I could ask my doubts, raise questions, and seek clarity as per my convenience. I have scored 710 on my GMAT and would say they are the best if you are looking for personalized and customized GMAT coaching in Delhi region.

Kudos to all teachers at GyanOne!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13440 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Verbal tutor in Delhi/ncr [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi,

This is to invite other readers on this forum looking for Verbal Faculty / Verbal Tutor, Quant Faculty / Quant Tutor.

We are into completely online One-On-One training for GMAT and have been training students for a time longer than a decade.

We have MANY success stories with a few exceptions as well. So without exaggerating we prefer to give a demonstration of the efficiency and quality of teaching that we deliver. Therefore we Propose One FREE Online One-on-One Demo class for Quant and One for Verbal to every student looking for Tutors/Faculty/Coaching.

We welcome all prospective test takers to take a Free demo and decide for yourself.

You can reach us on info@GMATinsight.com

Please read our testimonials as well available on our website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey

I suggest you look at Chiranjeev Singh based out of Delhi NCR. Search him on linkedin and you will find him easily. CJ is a great mentor and a teacher who is quick at assessing your weak areas. His approach is unique in the sense that he does problems with you during lecture that makes the learning interactive and a two way process. It helps you understand how high scorer approach problem in general. The pace of his lectures are as per your progression which helps you get through your stronger areas quickly and focus on weaker areas. He was a great asset in my journey of GMAT. Due to his contribution I was able to attain a score of 710 with 40 odd day of preparation combined with a full time consulting role. He is the go to man for verbal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hey

I suggest you look at Chiranjeev Singh based out of Delhi NCR. Search him on linkedin and you will find him easily. CJ is a great mentor and a teacher who is quick at assessing your weak areas. His approach is unique in the sense that he does problems with you during lecture that makes the learning interactive and a two way process. It helps you understand how high scorer approach problem in general. The pace of his lectures are as per your progression which helps you get through your stronger areas quickly and focus on weaker areas. He was a great asset in my journey of GMAT. Due to his contribution I was able to attain a score of 710 with 40 odd day of preparation combined with a full time consulting role. He is the go to man for verbal.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13982 posts