Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HBS '15 (D)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Account Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.4
WE:Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Kudos
Ciao!

I'm taking the GMAT for the first time next Tuesday (11/21/12). It'll be the first standardized test I've taken since I was 18 (oh, my salad days!) and I've been spending almost all of my non-work time studying, thinking about studying, procrastinating on studying, and on a few occasions, dreaming about studying.

I'm a 25-year-old Asian American gal, tragically math-dumb relative to the rest of my people. This explains why I'm in finance, because everyone knows the smart Asians become doctors or engineers. 3.4 GPA, Top-5 LAC, Economics & Psychology double major with an unofficial degree in Charming Bullshit. Women's leadership advocate, poet, and avid alumna. I love what I do (buy-side equity research) and would consider an MBA in the next few years to get me to my goal of one day running my own investment management firm.

Making good progress on my goal of 700+, see you all on the flip side.

-L.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi All......this is Shaibayan........B.Tech in Electrical Engineering and currently working with Infosys since Feb 2011....joined gmatclub and already I have started preparation with the Basic topics available in the forums......this forum is of great help I believe for all gmat takers... :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 496 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 510 Q36 V25
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Ajay , 22 , B.Tech in Biotechnology - currently working in the IT :| Will be having 2+ years experience when i apply for 2014 Fall , looking forward to do an MBA in Retail Management. My Achilles heel is Quants - totally dread it.Verbal is my strength. I ve been following this forum for quite some time now and its great to meet ppl with such diverse profiles :) Im sure i ll get the right guidance here . Cheers
Target score - 680+ , G-day - March 12th

Give up, Give in or GIVE IT EVERYTHING !
Im here for the latter ! \m/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
I got 500 in my first GMAT, my verbal was very poor and math was somewhat enouraging. I am targetting 720+, An advise will be welcome. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
I got 500 in my first GMAT, my verbal was very poor and math was somewhat enouraging. I am targetting 720+, An advise will be welcome. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Hi everybody :)

I'm Thomas from France. I'm a student in dauphine parisian university in my third and, thus final, year of bachelor ("licence"). I have to apply for master programs next year. There is one which is highly selective and I need to join a GMAT and a TOEFL test to my application. The deadline is in May but I haven't set a exact date for when I will take the GMAT but I'm thinking about february. I'm first gonna try to follow a one month study plan and I will decide wether or not I need more time at the end of the month.

I took a first GMATprep test yesterday and I got 580, 40 in quantitative and 29 in verbal. My goal is 700+. What do you think about it ?

I read that people usually manage to improve by 100-150. The quantitative part seems easy to improve. I've started to read "crack the GMAT" and I've already learnt a lot of tips which would probably help me a lot in improving my score. However the verbal part seems really tough to me. Indeed, english is not my mother tongue. I almost used guessing for every sentence correction question. :lol: But again, I haven't read any strategies or tips before taking that first GMAT test.

See you on the forum.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.98
WE:General Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi there !
28 years old from France
will apply for a US MBA in the Fall 2014 intake
GMAT scheduled for May 2013
got an engineering background but my brain is all sleepy and rusty now
I took the GMAT 6 years ago and scored around 700-, let's hope I can do at least as well next year...

Good luck everyone, will see you around :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 510 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Hello Gmates :),

I am Maciej, Bachelor graduate in International Business, which is more Politics and Law than Maths. Actually, I haven’t had any Math for 6 years, take some or add some. Therefore yes, I am the rusty one with Math, and I am not native speaker at that.

My target is more than 550 points.

First thing I’ve done before learning anything was the Diagnostic Test in OG12. My scores fell within average all throughout.
Then I embarked on MGMAT starting with the first volume. Now I’ve been preparing for 33 days (update 2012-12-11) and I’ve just finished the 4th Guide (Word Translations). I complete each Guide with the listed OG12 and QR2 GMAT questions. So far, for me the hardest area covered is the advanced combinatorics/probability.

My question concerns my progress according to the generally available study plans.

Disputably, most recommend doing math part in one month, which means I am one volume behind (with v. 5 – Geometry). Everything would be fine, if not the estimations of the planners, that this would be achieved by doing 2-3 hrs 5 days a week + 4-5 hrs on Saturdays and a day off.

Various planners agree in this matter to a great extent. Or actually even more, because in every single detail. Therefore I wonder if they really agree, or if they just copy the estimations and claim them genuine.

Anyway, referring to the estimations, for the first two weeks I’ve been working 2-3 hours a day and I started to drill heavily with the 3rd Guide, which means 5-7 hrs 7 days a week. This resulted in finishing Word Translations in 9 days.

Generally I score 99% in both PS and DS, but with no regard to time. With timing I have just 50%, despite devoting hours to learning. The thing is, I would like to know if I am doing it wrong, or if I am some math retard, or if my progress is just fine.

To anticipate some advices I must write that I read a lot English and German which are my foreign languages, I have an already lapsed TOEFL (95 points) and a valid TestDaF (4.25), so there is no problem with lacking comprehension.

I plan to finish the Math Part of MGMAT now (together with the listed Real GMAT Problems), then – I am not sure how to advance. I’d prefer not moving to the verbal part before I haven’t the math part mastered enough to achieve 600-700 score.

I would like to ask your advice, how could I better organize my progress?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi! Am from India, 2.5 year Work Ex, GPA 3.2. Hoping to get an admit in a US B-school for Fall 2013.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi,

My name is Ulyana. I'm from Belarus. I hold a Bachelor degree in International Marketing and wish to pursue my education further abroad. I've just started my preparation and have a few weeks before the GMAT. But I work hard and want to get 650+ for this short period of time in order to be eligible for several Master's programs in Marketing.

This forum is amazing! And helps a lot!
Good luck everyone!

Ulyana
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Hiho Gmatclub!

I have been lurking in the forums for a while now, mainly looking for questions to solve. Lately I've realized I will be more honest with myself if I start posting my attempts, both bad and good ones.

My goal is to reach 650-700. I know it might be a long walk and that it's possible that I won't reach my goal. However, I am looking forward to diving into the GMAT alot more heavily than I've done before.

I've still got 2 years left on my bachelor and will be taking the GMAT this upcoming summer(and if I fail then, I will give it another try the year after that!).

I hope to see alot of your faces around on the forum!

Hiho
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: Stanford '16
Send PM
Hi
I'm not sure why I registered here.. perhaps to chat with people with the same interests.. figure out what is the best program to purchase and etc..
I have a B.S in Computer Engineering/ M.S in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Communication and digital signal processing. I went to Okkkk state schools for my undergrad and grad. My gpa for my undergrad was 3.21 (I can't believe how low it was) and 3.65 for my grad. I am planning on getting a perfect score on the GMAT and attending Stanford for MBA. I have 7 years of experience from which 5 years have been with the same defense aerospace company. I would appreciate any tips/advice anyone could offer me = )
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey guys!

First of all I'd like to wish you all a happy new year! May all our desired Gmat-scores come true and let's kick off this year with a lot of encouragement!
I'm Eddy from Germany, have a double bachelors degree in international business and I'm looking forward to getting into one of the top business schools. My target gmat score is 720+, so let's see how this is going to work out in the next few weeks.

If anybody is interested in getting connected and maybe looking for a drilling-partner, I'm your go-to guy!

Best of luck and best wishes for your prep!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Venkat Here... a CS Engineering Graduate working in the IT industry for the past 8 years. Currently working as a Project Manager, but definitely sense a void and dont stand a chance unless i reinvent my self. Its surely time to get back to school. Hope this forum helps me start the drawing board to redefine my career. Definitely I would like to make to a top B-School in India for Exec MBA courses. I am eyeing programs in IIMs (Indian Institute of Management). I am targeting for a 750 score in GMAT to help me get to top B-Schools. I have just started my prep work, need to work on RC a lot. I have a decent reading speed but the questions bowl me out.
Pretty decent in Verbal and Math but I am sure i need to boost my skills there too.

Just got the Manhattan 8 strategy books and OG 13 to start with. Any suggestions on improving RC skills would be really helpful. Also I am watching for active conversations on MBA Essays as a lot depends on that.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Welcome to the GMAT Club! A warm welcome and invitation to explore this knowledge-rich site.
Happy New Year! Hope the change will be good and the dreams get closer!

Best Wishes and warm regards this holiday season.
BB.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: -4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: IE '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
I am a software engg with 7+ yrs of experience working in CA.
I have been studying quant and verbal since last 5 months and feel that I would be able to get 680+ comfortably.
However, I am still studying to achieve my target of mid 700's.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello people,
A big thanks to the founders of this club which is helping me and I wouldn't be wrong when I say that it might've helped millions of aspirants. This is Anuj, Software Engineer with 3 years of experience. Am aiming at clearing Gmat this year with good score. Will be around to seek & give help.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55  ...  66