Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 4468 [1]
Given Kudos: 221
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Kudos
The point that you were not working at the time of the submission of the application will downgrade your profile. Since you have done so, try to improve your profile by either raising the Gmat score or by playing some sort of pivotal role in extracurriculars.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: IIMB, advantages.us, IIML
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Schools: iim-bangalore - Class of 1994
GMAT 1: 750 Q59 V43
GPA: 3.12
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
i, applying to fall 14 phd programs

Gmat 1 and 3 : 750 (Q49V43)
Gmat 4: 660-800 with int crit reasoning and the works

iimb grad and practitioner fsince 94
phd finance aspirant glad to help the kids :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Docdrizzealy, please see my post above. I have a few general questions.
Thank you
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: IIMB, advantages.us, IIML
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Schools: iim-bangalore - Class of 1994
GMAT 1: 750 Q59 V43
GPA: 3.12
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
kalelmanofsteel wrote:
Thank you
kalelmanofsteel wrote:
Thank you
kalelmanofsteel wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am new here and I am an Electrical Engineer but have been working as a Management Consultant for almost 3 years now. I would like to go for my MBA and am planning to write my GMAT early next year (Feb-Mar 2014 time frame). I am a novice and really don't know much. Though I have read the FAQ section and learned some new things, I would still require some suggestions regarding the study material. Please note that I have zero knowledge about GMAT and would like to give myself about 7-8 months of prep time. Please advise any books, tools, etc. that may be helpful to me.
I appreciate your time and effort to reply to me.

Give more time to verbal in GMAT and the writing./interviews in your app. in my first edition i applied to top 10 schools only and accepted CAT interviews in india so i know the GMAT is firstly to be [strong]prioritized high[/strong] and then once you have a 750= score you need to [strong]move to other areas of app that are equally/more important.[/strong]

For the GMAT , i like soft programs and try to focus on how to get the uptick to difficult questions /best scores as that is what you can do based on aptitude. If that is shooting for the moon scoot to application list and reselect programs for ave gmat well below 700 esp if you are an nternational applicant.

soft programs: i am currently using the McGrawhill book downloaded on kindle
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
Send PM
Marcab wrote:
The point that you were not working at the time of the submission of the application will downgrade your profile. Since you have done so, try to improve your profile by either raising the Gmat score or by playing some sort of pivotal role in extracurriculars.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Can it be quantified- how much points I would loose out in general in this case or to put it simply how many points do I need to score than normally so that this down-gradation can be made up..well I have not done any extra curricular in this time..was going through a family problem and was able to solve/win over it but I guess stating that won't do any good to my application..my only hope is then a good GMAT score..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi, Just another Indian from Indian Institute of Technology, have engineering degree in Production and Industrial Engg. and 4 years experience in renewable energy sector. First time GMAT giver. Ideal goal is Harvard, but my c.g.p.a currently limits my scope to a large extent.

Members I also have a rather 2 rookie question , I'm pretty sure these must have been answered somewhere on this website; please guide me in that case:

1. Considering the availability of the GMAT test centre, how much time in advance should one aim to take the date of GMAT exams? For e.g. I want to give GMAT by Aug end, when should I ideally book my slot? (Or should I have done it by now)
2. I've a Manhattan Sentence Correction Guide Fourth Edition, which, needless to say is quite awesome. At the end of each chapter there are a bunch of questions (Problem sets) post which there are supposedly set of questions which have come in GMAT. But in place of questions it refers to some numbers in certain editions which I'm unable to decipher. For e.g., a sample set will look like: GENERAL SET, Verb, tense, Mood and voice, 12th Edition: 3.19.41,... So on.
Can you please help me understand where can I find these questions. In case these are available on my online account at Manhattangmat.com, would it still be there as I had bought this book almost 2 years back?
Let me know or guide me to correct destination please. If this wasn't the correct space for posting such questions, please guide me to correct forum.

Regards
Ibnbatuta
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT Date: 09-28-2013
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi all

I am new to this site.. have been thinking about giving the GMAt for a while.. but have been a bit too lazy i guess.. finally have booked a date 10 days back.. 28 sep 2013.. It gives me a tight schedule to prepare.. gave an online evaluation test with princeton review.. the score i got is 590 V32, Q40..

I am looking at a 700+ score.. as i have a very average 65% in my engineering (electrical). I have more than 68 months of experience in renewable energy sector (hydro projects). I am also involved with an NGO (one of the founding members) that works on creating awareness about renewable sources of energy and energy conservation in rural areas.

Based on my profile... what are my chances of getting into a good b school considering that i do manage to get a GMAT score upwards of 700..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

I a m sambit from India, an comp science engineer working in anIndian IT company for the past 3 years. Planning to take GMAT and get into a good school if possible with a good scholarship. Looking forward to learn a lot form this website.
1st attempt will be in august.
I am eying on gmat now.
Hope everything goes fyn.
Jusrt heard that 25 kudos unlock the gmatclub tests.LOL.
have to earn it though!!!!

Regards,
Sambit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Hello,

I was googling some information about GMAT and this site popped up. I have been learning quite a lot in the last few days about the test, prepping, and what to expect. I am really grateful for all the information available.

Little bit about me: I graduated in 2012 and for the next 3-5 years (still thinking about it) I am working in Japan on the JET program. I really really love my job but after this experience I want to go back to school for an MBA in international business with a heavy focus on Japanese business culture. I am still researching programs and what I need to do to achieve this goal. I know I want a future career where I can work with Japan in some capacity. I understand this is a pretty broad goal but I will continue my research over the next 2 years or so to narrow down my specific field.

To further this goal I really want to enter a Japanese grad program. So over the next year or so I'll be studying both for the GMAT and the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test). Need to research those as well. I have my eye on a particular school in Kyoto and another in Tokyo. I will also apply to some US based schools that have similiar international business programs.

As for the GMAT I will begin prepping end of August and start self study. I know I really need to focus on math and I am terrible at it. I am also looking into online courses (mailing MGMAT and Manhattan Review). So far Manhattan Review has the best times for courses for me and pretty good reviews. I am aiming to take my GMAT in early spring/summer of 2014.

If anyone can give me some advice on where/how to start refining these goals, whether or not Manhattan Review is a good choice, and other helpful tidbits I would really appreciate it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 431 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
One more Indian in queue for GMAT

Farhan from Mumbai, India
Retail industry professional with more than 3 years of work ex.

Test date : 12th october
Target schools given along my name

Looking forward to earn those 25 kudos soon ;)

Cheers

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
canadian here, looking to write my gmat aug 30 or 31st. going into my 4th yr of undergrad need to write the gmat to get into certain Masters of finance programs, and possibly considering the option of a canadian mba school.

did manhatten prep course, and pretty much just starting to work on og questions now. found the directory super helpful for the quant practice questions, since sometimes ppl have easier + faster ways to solve questions than what the og says.

did the og 13 diagonstic before i had any prep
ps - below
da - avg
rc-above
cr-above
sc-below

i am doing like 2 weeks quant then 2 week verbal then like 1 or 2 days on IR/AWA. prob fit some time to do a CAT aswell. srsly worried about my sentence correction i hate that stuff hoping to do some searching here for some good tips
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 431 [1]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
Kudos
legitpro wrote:
canadian here, looking to write my gmat aug 30 or 31st. going into my 4th yr of undergrad need to write the gmat to get into certain Masters of finance programs, and possibly considering the option of a canadian mba school.

did manhatten prep course, and pretty much just starting to work on og questions now. found the directory super helpful for the quant practice questions, since sometimes ppl have easier + faster ways to solve questions than what the og says.

did the og 13 diagonstic before i had any prep
ps - below
da - avg
rc-above
cr-above
sc-below

i am doing like 2 weeks quant then 2 week verbal then like 1 or 2 days on IR/AWA. prob fit some time to do a CAT aswell. srsly worried about my sentence correction i hate that stuff hoping to do some searching here for some good tips

The best way for SC is to get involved in the SC threads, my scores have gone up by 4 points in SC recently due to this :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley '16
Send PM
HI I am new to GMAT. I am yet another engineer from India having 4yrs of experience in software industry. Gave some sample test and my average score is coming around 690. Guys I am having a big accuracy issue in solving SC can you all please guide me how to prepare for SC. I am targeting GMAT in Nov. with a score above 720.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello, I'm also planning and preparing to take the GMAT exam, I have ALOT of work to do so I'm trying to be resourceful as possible. As helpful this site is, I'm still having a problem taking it all in at once lol.... Trying to figure out what route to go on. I graduated from FDU in Teaneck NJ with my BA in psychology, I know my weaknesses when it comes to this test (quant) so I'm still looking for a more rigorous quant training than just reading and answering the Manhattan GMAT books.... I am making progress though so hopefully I can find better ways to improve through this site!!!

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT Date: 12-07-2013
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone,

My name is Emem from Nigeria. I graduated in 2009 with a degree in Biological Sciences. I want to get 780 when i take the GMAT in 3 months time. I have INSEAD, HAVARD, IMD, WHARTON on my mind... Got a 560 when i did the first practice test so i know i have a long way to go. But i know its possible......

Many thanks to the administrators of this site...... its been a huge well of resources....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-14-2013
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 640 Q39 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Hey guys/gals,

This is my first post and I just want to introduce myself and start contributing to the community (long time looker/user of your resources).

I'm behind the curve, but I'm gearing up again to take another run at the GMAT this year!

About me:

- I live in the Sacramento area and I've been in the Air Force for 6 years
- I've taken the GMAT twice: 44Q 36V second official test (660), 39Q, 38V first test (640)
- I'm trying to get motivated to execute a more coherent/structured study strategy this year than last year (just starting this year, but...I honestly put in a lot of effort last year and came up just short of where I would like to be)
- My target scores are score 48/49Q and clean up my verbal score (41+)
- I only applied to Tuck last year (various reasons, but I probably rushed my application a little to get everything in by R2)
- I was on the Tuck waitlist until about a month ago
- Like all of you I'm sure... I'm trying to find the time to study while continuing to keep my professional life on the rails!

Target schools: Tuck (re-applicant), Sloan, Haas, Wharton

Anyway enough about me - have a great Labor Day weekend and I look forward to participating more in this community!

Chos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT Date: 10-21-2013
GRE 1: Q157 V156
GPA: 3.98
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello Every1,

My Name is Royston Fernandes.I am an Electronics Engineering Graduate and have a total of 2 years working experience in the Automotive Domain.My Profile is that of IT and am looking to shift my focus onto Management/marketing aspects of it.
I have given my GMAT earlier,however managed to score only 560. In depression i did not look back at it till the last month.I want to target a score of 700+ and have the will and capability of doing it. I have booked a slot for the 21st of October and could use all the help i can get. I currently am average in both the math and Verbal areas although my Verbal area is stronger(SC is poor though).
Any help from the active members in the forum towards my goal will be greatly appreciated:-) :-D :-D :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  52   53   54   55   56   57   58  ...  66