GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 05:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
Reviews Badge
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2013, 04:10
Hi,

I'm Virender Kumar from Delhi, India. I'm planning to take the GMAT in December. Have just started the preparation, my target score is 740+.
I'm planning to enroll for online course from economist gmat. Can anyone pls suggest if it's worth or should I join some other course.

Thanks,
Virender Kumar :P
Economist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2013, 18:43
Hello

My name is Sammy, this is my first post on GMAT Club. I am taking my GMAT October 16th, and I have been studying for the GMAT since April. I took a Manhattan course close to my house and thought it was very informative. However, the more I read online the more I realize I am making mistakes in my studying. Mostly taking too long to prepare. I am very dedicated to my studying and I do about 2 to 3 hours a night. I have improved quite a bit since my first practice exams but I am still no where near where I want to be. This week I scored significantly lower on my CATexam than the one I took 3 weeks ago. I thought I knew more material!! I am clearly doing something wrong! I know more is not necessarily better, but I am determined to receive my goal of 650 and will not stop until I reach it. I am open to any and all advice so if there is anyone out there who might be able to help please let me know!

Thanks

Sammy
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2013, 20:09
Hi everybody. I am Esther. How are you all doing :)? I am new here. I joined this site since I have found out that this forum site can be helpful to me as I do my further studies in business. I look forward to get advices and share insights and experiences with all of you :)!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2013, 23:07
Hi all! I'm Marco, I'm Italian and I've found this forum searching the web for information about mba's. About me, I'm going to get my J.D. in february, and the FCE in the same period.. have a nice day!

Inviato usando Tapatalk 2.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2013, 06:59
Hi all,
I'm an Indian with 8 yrs of IT experience working in the software development and maintenance projects in the domains of Banking, Financial Services, Insurance and HR. I'm an avid learner and wanted to pursue MBA which is my long term dream.I started to prepare for my GMAT recently and need to put more effort with a target score of 750.
Here is a quick snapshot of my profile
Class X - 91.33%
Class XII - 95.66%
UG - 8.6/10(CGPA), 4/4(US CGPA)
Experience - 8 yrs International Exposure - 2.5 yrs
Certifications - INS21(Insurance domain certification), PMP
Language proficiency - English, Tamil(Native), Hindi, French(DELF B1 certified)

My target schools are
INSEAD,Queens,Cornell,Harvard
ISB,IIMA(PGPX),IIMB(EPGP)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2013, 05:01
Hi,
I am an Indian with 14 years full time work experience, Bachelors from NIT, M.S. from University of Arizona in Electrical Engineering. I have worked with big names in India for around 9 years and USA for 5 years in Renewables and Electric Automotive Industry. I took my GRE in 2001 with score as 2150/2400 and had a not so good experience with GMAT with score of 640 in August 2013. During the prep I was consistently scoring 680-690 but could not keep the tempo. Planning to retake the exam in November 2013, and will apply for primarily for One Year Programs. I will register once I start getting 750+ score in Practice Tests.
I look forward to advice from Group Members and share my experiences.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-04-2014

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2013, 05:18
Hi all
Indian here.My target date of gmat is on 4 Jan 14 .I have been going through this site throughly for last one week.This site provides lot of valuable information and good strategies for beginners.
I still have 3 months left.I started of with Maslaw principle and right now at the bottom of the pyramind acquiring knowledge.
Target Score: Quants 50, Verbal 42, AWA >5
Strategy:
1 month: Covering basics in quants (working out with different strategies and involving in forum discussion)
2 month: Verbal
3 month:CAT analysis and giving my tests

Regards
Prakash :-D
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2013, 12:17
Hi All,

I am Anand,working in IT,having 7 years of exp.I am aiming to change my career to Consulting.I have started preparing for GMAT recently,wrote my first practice CAT from GMATPrep today,scored only 500(Q44,V27) :( .Long way to go to get a satisfactory score.

However,I accidentally shut down my computer after the test.When I again opened GmatPrep software,I cannot find my incorrect attempts of the CAT. :o Is there any way to find these questions?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2013, 20:35
Hi All
Indian Male IT :)
Target Score: 780 :)

Regards
Motivator

GMAT RC Vocab - No nonsense(Only for GMAT)
http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-rc-vocab-no-nonsense-only-for-gmat-162129.html#p1283165

Quant Document to revise a week before exam - Mixedbag
http://gmatclub.com/forum/document-to-revise-a-week-before-exam-mixedbag-162145.html

Best questions to revise few days before exam- Mixed bag(25)
http://gmatclub.com/forum/best-questions-to-revise-few-days-before-exam-mixed-bag-162124.html#p1283141

Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2013, 08:10
royinkol wrote:
Hi All,

I am Anand,working in IT,having 7 years of exp.I am aiming to change my career to Consulting.I have started preparing for GMAT recently,wrote my first practice CAT from GMATPrep today,scored only 500(Q44,V27) :( .Long way to go to get a satisfactory score.

However,I accidentally shut down my computer after the test.When I again opened GmatPrep software,I cannot find my incorrect attempts of the CAT. :o Is there any way to find these questions?

I believe once you have closed gmat prep you cant check your scores again but you can check incorrect attempts...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.4
WE: Other (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2013, 10:36
Hi everybody...
From Germany here and I am up to finish my B.Sc. Degree the next few months with currently one exam missing.
Going to do the GMAT for my Master's Degree Admission in the field of Supply Chain Management.
So 2 months and hopefully a score of 700.

Took the whole sunday reading How-Tos and Guidelines here and finished ordering Manhattan GMAT and the OG.
Next Step for me is creating a study plan and the decision whether or not the Error Log should be digital (ms excel) or on a notebook.

Thank You = 1 Kudos
B.Sc., International Production Engineering and Management
M.Sc. mult., European Master in Management Candidate

#1 Official GMAT Prep 1: 530 (Q41 V21), 10/10/13
#2 Manhattan GMAT CAT 1: 600 (Q43 V30), 12/17/13
#3 Manhattan GMAT CAT 2: 640 (Q43 V34), 01/13/14
#4 Manhattan GMAT CAT 3: 660 (Q45 V35), 01/16/14
#5 Manhattan GMAT CAT 4: 650 (Q45 V34), 01/18/14
#6 Manhattan GMAT CAT 5: 660 (Q42 V38), 01/21/14
#7 Official GMAT Prep 2: 640 (Q48 V30), 01/26/14
GMAT 670 Q49 V34 AWA5 IR6 - TOEFL ibt 110

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2013, 06:17
Hi my name is Sabine and I am fairly knew to the world of business and the gmat in general. I hold a BA in African-American studies with a concentration on Anthropology. I am looking to apply to the dual MA/MBA program in cross cultural sustainable business management at the American University of Paris. I am a New Yorker. I started seriously studying for the GMAT just shy of two weeks ago. I took my first practice test and scored a low 330 with both 17 in Quant and Verb and 2 in integrated reasoning, I take it that is my weak area. I am anxious by nature and i'm currently looking for all the help I can get since I'm not to sure how to tackle a consistent study plan. I currently have the 13th edition of the official guide for gmat review book. does anyone else know of any good books or resources that can help a newbie like me? or any advice is greatly appreciated.
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2013, 11:23
sbernard1 wrote:
Hi my name is Sabine and I am fairly knew to the world of business and the gmat in general. I hold a BA in African-American studies with a concentration on Anthropology. I am looking to apply to the dual MA/MBA program in cross cultural sustainable business management at the American University of Paris. I am a New Yorker. I started seriously studying for the GMAT just shy of two weeks ago. I took my first practice test and scored a low 330 with both 17 in Quant and Verb and 2 in integrated reasoning, I take it that is my weak area. I am anxious by nature and i'm currently looking for all the help I can get since I'm not to sure how to tackle a consistent study plan. I currently have the 13th edition of the official guide for gmat review book. does anyone else know of any good books or resources that can help a newbie like me? or any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi Sabine,

Welcome to gmatclub, here are some links to get started...

best-gmat-books-118706.html

everything-you-need-to-prepare-for-the-gmat-129968.html

all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

gmat-and-mba-159618.html

ATB
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2013, 05:51
thank you.I am new for this forum.I think this forum is helpful for me in future.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2013, 13:38
I'm Vijay from India.
I'll take my test on 14 Jan 14.
Had taken CAT(common apt test) twice and managed to get 98%ile but unfortunately didn't convert calls from top schools.

So trying out GMAT.

Aiming 700+.

Looking forward to interacting with all.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2013, 03:44
hey everybody,
I am Chaitali, from India. I am not completely new to the club as its been a while since I've been enrolled. But now am totally addicted to it. I am quite grateful to the founders of this community as this club is a wonderful resource pool for all GMAT takers across the world.

A little background about myself - I am a graduate in Economics from SRCC and have been working in Risk Advisory arm of KPMG. I wish to do an MBA ('14 intake) in the field of marketing or luxury marketing. My second option would be HR management.

I am aiming at a score of mid-700. Hoping to make the most of this forum and share as much with others.

All the best to all :) :) :)

“Just know, when you truly want success, you’ll never give up on it. No matter how bad the situation may get.” - Unknown

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
Vince Lombardi
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2013, 06:08
corporateguy wrote:
I'm Vijay from India.
I'll take my test on 14 Jan 14.
Had taken CAT(common apt test) twice and managed to get 98%ile but unfortunately didn't convert calls from top schools.

So trying out GMAT.

Aiming 700+.

Looking forward to interacting with all.

Supernova29 wrote:
hey everybody,
I am Chaitali, from India. I am not completely new to the club as its been a while since I've been enrolled. But now am totally addicted to it. I am quite grateful to the founders of this community as this club is a wonderful resource pool for all GMAT takers across the world.

A little background about myself - I am a graduate in Economics from SRCC and have been working in Risk Advisory arm of KPMG. I wish to do an MBA ('14 intake) in the field of marketing or luxury marketing. My second option would be HR management.

I am aiming at a score of mid-700. Hoping to make the most of this forum and share as much with others.

All the best to all :) :) :)

“Just know, when you truly want success, you’ll never give up on it. No matter how bad the situation may get.” - Unknown

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
Vince Lombardi

Hi Vijay and chaitali,

Welcome to Gmatclub,

Hope you guys make most out of the wonderful place.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2013, 09:12
Hi guys,

that is not my first time on this forum, but the first time I'm here as a registered user:) Happy to be the part of such an amazing club and hope I will contribute to its content also.

My approximate GMAT date is 21/12/13, goal is about 720-750 scores. Math theory is done, verbal and cats are waiting for me. Looking forward to associate with any of you!:)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2013, 15:13
Hi All,

New to this, decided I want to pursue this. Read the section on how to prepare for the GMAT posted on this forum board and now I'm ready to tackle this. My GPA in engineering school up here in Canada was somewhere around 3.0 and that was 4 years ago BUT I'm aiming for 700+ on the GMAT.

Good luck to all!

thanks
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2013, 07:44
Hello everyone Greetings !,

This is Abhishek Sinha, from India working with the beleaguered Indian Power Sector. I have got more than 3 years of Experience & work as an Operation-Engineer. I am really passionate about this 1 year MBA offered by the IVY-league B-Schools, all over the Globe.
I have just started my preparations for GMAT, all alone of my own, i find it difficult to develop the competency preparing alone.
If you guys can just help me in my preparations in anyway...it would be a great help altogether.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 11 Nov 2013, 07:44

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  53   54   55   56   57   58   59  ...  66    Next  [ 1317 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Try it for free Online, personalized course | Tutor support | Special GMAT Club discount + tests included
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap