Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 08:34 It is currently 03 May 2024, 08:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Send PM
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
rjdunn03 wrote:
Interesting where does it say that on the website? Can you post the link? But yes unfortunately, unless the students on the panel we're mistaken, I am quite positive that the new class size is 440.

No I meant this year's incoming is 502 and that is on the website: https://www.bus.umich.edu/Admissions/MBA/Profile.htm
I don't remember where I got the 480 number from exactly, and it sounds like its not accurate.

I can't find this 440 anywhere on the internet though. Let's hope that this reduction is factored into the relative paucity of interview invites already, and there is no additional culling to this effect post interviews! :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
They know what the class size is going to be months before decisions are made. They wouldn't invite the same number of people for a 502 class if they only plan on the number being 440.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Send PM
EChopeful12 wrote:
They know what the class size is going to be months before decisions are made. They wouldn't invite the same number of people for a 502 class if they only plan on the number being 440.

Hopefully you're right about that. I wonder though if it will affect the portion of acceptances that they extend to those of us who said we want to do consulting after we graduate.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
EChopeful12 wrote:

Hopefully you're right about that. I wonder though if it will affect the portion of acceptances that they extend to those of us who said we want to do consulting after we graduate.

Seems like they would already have a good idea of how many people they want to admit from each career background as well. If they really wanted to weed out future consultants, they probably would just interview fewer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: NYU Stern - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Do you have to take anything to the Ross interview? I dont seem to see anything else, other than having to upload the resume on the scheduling website.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
kinkmetal wrote:
Do you have to take anything to the Ross interview? I dont seem to see anything else, other than having to upload the resume on the scheduling website.

bring a couple hardcopies in case.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Kudos
kinkmetal wrote:

It's a good idea to carry a copy of your resume to the interview. My interviewer had seen my resume, but wasn't carrying one. He asked me for a copy before the interview.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
EChopeful12 wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:
EChopeful12 wrote:

Seems like they would already have a good idea of how many people they want to admit from each career background as well. If they really wanted to weed out future consultants, they probably would just interview fewer.

Take a look at that Poets & Quants article that somebody posted, it's pretty insightful regarding the entire process. To me it sounds like they interview everyone who they feel is admissible based on a holistic view of their application. Then after the interview they sort of figure out who to accept based on another read of the application, as well as what they need to get a balanced class. Here is a small quote from the article, she is talking about the form the interviewers fill out:

Quote:
This is an online form so they provide comments on each with examples of why they think this person has a good rationale for an MBA. We request the evaluation within 24 hours of the interview, and last year we didn’t have to hunt anybody down. We tell interviewers that ‘you could be the reason we delay a decision on a candidate and they’re pushed to the next round. Please don’t be that reason.’

After the regional experts look at it in concert with the interview, they make a recommendation. Then, the senior AD gets it and looks at the overall pool. He might say, ‘We have too many people who are consultants.’ He takes first pass and then I take the second pass. There’s a lot of shifting about. We’ll waitlist some, un-waitlist other people, until we get to a number based on our historical admission rates. After I look at it, I send it on to Valerie (Suslow) who looks at the whole thing and once she blesses it we start communicating with the candidates.

Anyway, it's not really worth stressing about. One way or the other it will likely be more competitive this year, but those who do get in will benefit.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Interviweing Feb 22? well, hit me. I will be in AA Friday, then i will party the night at Umichigan, then heading back to Chicago (home). I have a friend, crushing at his place.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
Send PM
nyama wrote:
Interviweing Feb 22? well, hit me. I will be in AA Friday, then i will party the night at Umichigan, then heading back to Chicago (home). I have a friend, crushing at his place.

Best of luck overcoming your alcoholism.

In all seriousness, I had no idea that Ross was cutting down the class size. I fear that my chances are low in that case.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
TonyMontana896 wrote:
nyama wrote:

In all seriousness, I had no idea that Ross was cutting down the class size. I fear that my chances are low in that case.

I think it would contribute to everybody's stress level. 12% less spots

atleast its only 23 more days.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Redtailedhawk wrote:
TonyMontana896 wrote:
nyama wrote:

I think it would contribute to everybody's stress level. 12% less spots

atleast its only 23 more days.

I second that. This news is not comforting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GRE 1: Q164 V159
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,
I am an international applicant and applied in Jan round.I have not heard anything from Ross yet.
Does anybody have idea if they are still sending interview invites?

Thanks,
Namrta
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
@Namrta - Ross has been sending out several waves of invites. Follow the admissions blog by Soojin to know when the next wave of invite is going to be. As of now there are no updates on whether there will be any more interview invites for R2 applicants.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
machichi wrote:
slugabedd wrote:
Do you think adcom is stringent on payment deadlines. Or do they entertain request for extensions by a couple of weeks. I have got admission into a few colleges but I am waiting for the result from Ross, which might be a game changer for me. But as decisions will only be rendered on the 15th, I was wondering if schools entertain requests for extensions.

You won't know until you ask. Most won't though. They have their own internal deadlines to adhere to, which help them determine waitlist decisions among other things. You don't really have any leverage either. What will you say? Yeah, I don't want to give you money because you're not my first choice. Would you mind if I made you my backup plan but didn't pay you?

What's in it for them?

I understand that they do not have anything to gain from it, other than a prospective student. But I do think they can give that amount of flexibility to few of them who ask. I will give it a shot. Lets see what happens.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: NYU Stern - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Interviewed yesterday, on campus. It was straightforward, all familiar questions which have already been posted here and elsewhere. They really focus on your resume, we spent 75% of the interview on it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview yesterday friday oncampus. They did a great job matching me with my interviwer. And no, its not a computer that makes the matching. Thanks to the great matching, my interview was a walk in the park. He focused on my resume, bssic questions. I told my story while answerimg the questions. totally different interview, a conversation really, he wanted to know more about me and my plans. he never asked all the staple questions, why mba, why now, why Ross, failure, weakness, etc. no such qns were asked.

At the end, he said that ross is looking for people like me, that he wil write the greatest rec he has ever written on my behalf. Etc. seemed he was more excited about my profile than me. like he became my greatest cheerleader in the space of 45 min. good luck to those still interviewing. on my part, I await news on March 15.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  73   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts