Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 04:42 It is currently 04 May 2024, 04:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
mth1214 wrote:
Dinged...can't say I'm surprised, but I was optimistic given the results of my other applications so far. I'm curious whether others also had less luck with Wharton. My results are below.

Haas - Admitted
Booth - Invited to interview; final decision pending
Kellogg - Interviewed (although Kellogg interviews everyone); final decision pending

At least my decision to head to the west coast became a little easier. Best of luck to those interviewing.

I live in Bay Area and I have visited haas several times. Its a great school buddy. You will like it here and its not a bad choice at all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Kudos
Ding!

But I must say that 'Ding' sounds better than 'Regret' and 'Reject'...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [3]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
skbhagra wrote:
I think I got a teardrop in the corner of my eye today.

That's ok Man, pull yourself together ,there is always another year and other school. Don't let this beat you down. It's Whartons loss for not having us :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Kudos
dinga donga ding
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
mth1214 wrote:
Dinged...can't say I'm surprised, but I was optimistic given the results of my other applications so far. I'm curious whether others also had less luck with Wharton. My results are below.

Haas - Admitted
Kellogg - Interviewed (although Kellogg interviews everyone); final decision pending

At least my decision to head to the west coast became a little easier. Best of luck to those interviewing.

What do you want to do post-MBA? If you want to work in tech or live on the West Coast, Haas is your best bet. Take it for what it is worth, I lived in Chicago for a few years, and I live in San Francisco now. San Francisco (The Bay Area) is by far the superior city.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [8]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
RIng-a-DING-a-ling!

"The fact that you did not receive an invitation to interview in no way reflects your intellectual abilities, personal achievements, or potential for continued success."

This is like a chick saying: "its not you, its me"

This was my first go-round. I think I will apply for R1 this Fall. - going to bump my GMAT up and maybe make a visit in the summer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [2]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Kudos
Dinged.

This is bullshit. I visited 3+ times. I have a interview at NYU, Columbia, and Yale and I'm not even invited to interview at Wharton? Wow.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51474 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Oh I am so Lucky to Have you! OR Its not You its me?

Share in GMATClub CHAT
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
kriddick2 wrote:
Dinged.

This is bullshit. I visited 3+ times. I have a interview at NYU, Columbia, and Yale and I'm not even invited to interview at Wharton? Wow.

No need to be upset. I realized this entire process has a huge "luck" component. For example, the school I thought I'd FOR SURE get in was CBS. I visited the school, connected with a bunch of students, wrote great essays, etc. PLUS, a very close and personal family friend is a very large donor to Columbia -- he really pushed me to got to the school and even put in a phone call to the Dean's office about me. Result: I did not even get an interview. I was floored.

Also, I think that Wharton is slightly more competitive than the schools you mentioned and seems like you were just below their GMAT/GPA averages. Best of luck with the other apps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
kriddick2 wrote:
Dinged.

Dinged as well... don't forget, that the process has a significant random factor. Even if you 110% fit there's no way to guarantee your acceptance. Which means Wharton/Stanford/Harvard loose hell of a lot potential students that just are a bit unlucky (especially Stanford haha).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 105 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Nationality: Indian
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Send PM
Ding :(

Hits hard not to get an interview after some positive results from other schools. I felt Wharton was my strongest app. Oh well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:
kriddick2 wrote:
Dinged.

No need to be upset. I realized this entire process has a huge "luck" component. For example, the school I thought I'd FOR SURE get in was CBS. I visited the school, connected with a bunch of students, wrote great essays, etc. PLUS, a very close and personal family friend is a very large donor to Columbia -- he really pushed me to got to the school and even put in a phone call to the Dean's office about me. Result: I did not even get an interview. I was floored.

Also, I think that Wharton is slightly more competitive than the schools you mentioned and seems like you were just below their GMAT/GPA averages. Best of luck with the other apps.

I would agree with you but I have a Masters in Finance and a 3.8 GPA in it from the Simon School of Business. I will agree with you about the luck/black box aspect of the admissions process.

On to the next one.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Kudos
SauravD wrote:
Truegmat wrote:
Dinged, damn ou WHarton!!! It stings more then I thought. So what's the choice of drinks for my fellow Dingenions. Mine is vey bitter black coffee.

Dinged. second in a row. Thanks for reminding me about coffee. I am going for one too!

Dinged. Don't forget to pair that coffee with a big fat muffin. Carbs help during these times.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
contraidentukl wrote:
mth1214 wrote:

Haas - Admitted

What do you want to do post-MBA? If you want to work in tech or live on the West Coast, Haas is your best bet. Take it for what it is worth, I lived in Chicago for a few years, and I live in San Francisco now. San Francisco (The Bay Area) is by far the superior city.

I beg to differ, sir. Chicago is America's greatest city, bar none.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GRE 1: Q800 V640
WE:Consulting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Dinged. I joined the website just to say that ;)

Since Wharton was the only school I applied to this year, I think I'm happy saving $150k debt. I'm sure life has better choices for me.

I'll be getting done with my previous school debt this year (yay), and will have some chance to save for 2014 MBA intake.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
TwoTimesTheCharm wrote:
kriddick2 wrote:
Dinged.

ditto
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does everyone who got ding today apply for R2? I applied R2 right before the deadline and haven't received anything from Wharton yet. No interview invitation or ding..but I feel my ding reply is not far away..

And where did you guys get the ding messagE? EMAIL?

Originally posted by reddevildan on 22 Feb 2013, 14:53.
Last edited by reddevildan on 22 Feb 2013, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  56   57   58   59   60   61   62  ...  81   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts